Start by marking “Bewitching the Werewolf (Megan Stephens #1)” as Want to Read:
Bewitching the Werewolf (Megan Stephens #1)

Bewitching the Werewolf

(Megan Stephens #1)

When witch for hire, Megan Stephens, is assigned to help the local werewolf pack leader find a mate, she thinks the job will be easy. Get in, get him up and get gone. But when she meets Zack Connor, she realizes her future might have a lot more dog jokes in it than she ever imagined.

This is a short story and includes an excerpt from Love is Darkness, the first book in the
Published September 25th 2011 by Host of the Hills

To ask other readers questions about Bewitching the Werewolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bewitching the Werewolf

Debbie
Now who doesn't love free books? Bewitching the Werewolf is one of the countless number of free eBooks that Amazon.com has to offer. I still get amazed that there are such things are free stuff, especially books. LOL.

Bewitching the Werewolf is a short story (about 40+ pages) offered to us by Caroline Hanson. The story was enjoyable and delivered some funny dialogue from our main character Megan. Now although I did know going into this book that it would be a short story I was hoping it would ha
Mithrendiel
Nov 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read a book that was so good, you just had to read everything written by that author? That was Love and Darkness for me. After reading it, I felt oddly bereft, and cheated by the fact that Caroline Hanson is a new author, and we have to wait until December for the next book in her series. But lo and behold, she has a short story. YAY!

Bewitching the Wolf was exactly what I needed for a little Caroline Hanson fix. It’s a sexy little tale packed with dry humor and wit. In it, a talent
Jeanne
Feb 22, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
While this book was free, it cost me time and I kind of wish I had that time back.

To be fair, this was a fun, lighthearted read. I liked the sassy, silky style of the narrative and the male lead was intriguing (if completely under developed). Sadly, it felt like a let down when I got to the end of the story and found there was absolutey no pay off for the build up I'd sexual tension. We didn't even get a fade to black we got an end, period.

I can look past the slap-dash fan fiction style of the
Dianne
Just for fun, Bewitching the Werewolf is quick, light and filled with cute dialogue and attitude! Not a major plot, witch is hired to find werewolf's mate or the pack may die off, werewolf senses mate...meddling mother wolf involved...the usual fare with a fun twist!

Caroline Hanson entertained from start to finish with her quirky witch and super hot wolf! A great quick escape that will leave you smirking.

Publication Date: December 16, 2013 (2nd Edition)
Publisher: Host of the Hills
Genre: Adult Pa
JadeShea
This story begins when Megan is assied to the local werewolf pack to help find a mate for the alpha of the pack. See, she has some special abilities that should help him, but it all turns out to be a little bit more complicated when she actually does show up..

This was a very short funny story. It has werewolves, and a very sassy heroine. But it doesn't have much else to it. It was simple, and neat and tidy, but there really weren't a whole lot of emotions from it other than humor. I did enjoy t
Kayla Marie
Sep 03, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was a waste of time. besides the fact that it reads like bad fanfiction...the fact that the story is only like....three or four chapters long pissed me off. No character development or really even a plot. I mean yeah the book was free....but its not even an entire book. Just skip this one unless you're looking for a simply bad and short sex story.
Tami
Feb 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
I knew I was going to like this book when I went to the first page and read the very first line, "I don't get paid enough to deal with a werewolf that can't get laid". This was a short story, but full of fun, wit, and romance. I can see the potential for the author to expand on it to make more out of the story. Not too bad for a free read!
Dee
A really good little story I only wish it was longer as just started to get into it and then it was finished. I liked the authors style of writing and will definately look out for other books by her.

Naomi
Nov 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, favorites
This was a very short read but so worth it! It's funny as hell with a hot werewolf....what more could you want?!! Excellent.
Good short story...that's usually what everyone says about short stories. This was a new thing to me, werewolfs and witches that is. I just thought that they were enemies and all, but wow can they get along.

Story goes a lot like this: Witch lady is hired to cure Zack of his mate problem with her little hocus-pocus and she gets the wrong idea thinking he is impotent. Thing is the wolf part inside of him will always tell him who's his mate, problem is no werewolf out there makes his wolf go, "Hey,
Stephanie Pearson
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Talk about a book i wished was longer! It was all THE END and i was all like NOO!

This book could have been 200 pages easy, but it came to an abrupt halt at about 63. The rest of the book was filled with a preview of another book.

Miss Stevens (She has no first name I can recall reading) is a wiccan (witches are soooooo 2007). She has a boss because apparently magic is for hire (magik? magick?). So Miss Stevens gets hired by an Grand Alpha Pack Master Poobah to help him find his one true mate. Za
Ambrosia Sullivan
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
This review was posted first at my book blog The Purple Booker

On to the review, I got this as a free book and honestly I am glad that it was free. The premise of this book is good, the idea and the basic components of something that should be a riveting read is all here. It just seems to have all gone sideways somehow. Like a perfectly prepared souffle that then just falls flat. The book is extremely short and all very slap dash put together honestly. You get no depth to the characters of the bo
Rachael
Jun 30, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, romance, reviewed
Halfway through the book, (teenage hormones, guh-reat..?) I realized this might be more of an "adult" novel, if you know what I mean. Nevertheless, I suppose I enjoyed it(:

The best thing about this book is its readability. It moves quickly, has many, many shots of humor, and is a feisty & sexy read. I loved Megan's voice - it was strong, although it showed a realistic amount of fear. Moreover, the concept of hiring a witch to help a werewolf itself is pretty exciting and unique - more of a r
Fierce Dolan
All-in-all, this is a fun little story. I'm generally not a fan of first person narratives, but this one is well done. I wasn't thrilled that half of this "story" is a teaser for another of the author's books. A few leading paragraphs, fine, but a teaser as long as the short story? Too needy.

As well, there are a few typos and the grating habit of using Internetspeak in places. I'd be fine with that being the voice of the narrator were it consistent. Rather, the Internetspeak is random, making it
Lynsey   (A Bookish Life)
This was a short and sweet Kindle Freebie about a witch who is drafted in to help a reluctant werewolf find his mate.

I enjoyed this. It had a few errors, mainly just missing dialogue tags, but it wasn't enough to bother me. It was free, after all.

It was an excellent sample of Caroline Hanson's writing style and I will definitely be reading more of her full-length stuff because she has a great personality that comes across through her characters. The inner thought processes of the witch in partic
Kelly
This is a very short story and it doesn't waste any time jumping in and putting the two main characters in orbit around one another. They're both kinda turned on by one another, but Megan chalks it up to a general (and annoying) attraction toward Zack and as a by-product of the type of spell she's getting ready to unleash on him.

Things move quickly. Dog jokes are made. Mates are found. Sexing occurs. Ta-da!

While this is short, you definitely get a feel for Megan's prickly personality and Zack's
Becca
If you are looking for a good, real short read, please for God sakes read this. I was stumbling around on amazon and found and i am so happy that did! This really is a good half an hour read, that will have you laughing and smiling throughout the whole thing, at least i thought so. I thought was just a good entertaining read. Sadly it ended...I am seriously going to have to check this author out more often if her writing is anything like this because it was ridiculously fun, and witty, Dog Jokey ...more
Cornelia
Sep 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The alpha werewolf pack leader, Zack Connor, hires a witch, Megan Stephens, to help him with a problem. The wolf part of him refuses to choose a mate, which is creating instability in his pack. So it’s her job to put some type of spell on him to cure the problem. This short novella is so funny. Hilarious. I loved it. This fun fast read will have you laughing, even at Megan’s doggie jokes. There are also hot love scenes.
Katie_la_geek
Jun 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult
Bewitching the werewolf is a short and free (at least it was when I got it) book on amazon.

This book was so much fun. The storyline was good and it often made me laugh, I really enjoyed it. Megan is a great character who lacks a verbal filter, Zach was charming and hot and the chemistry between them sizzled.

I felt like it moved a little too fast for me and would have liked a little more, but it was free so I can’t complain.
Bea  Charmed
Cute, light on world building and overall development. There are some good one-liners but I'm not a fan of the insta-mate trope and I never felt the supposed heat between Zack and Megan. I was also irritated that the heroine's name never appears in the story. Nope, not once. I even did a search in case I'd missed it. The heroine is never referred to by name and never gives her name. Anyway, it's a cute, light story, nicely fluffy with no meat to it.
Dana
Jan 09, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meaghan Stevens is a witch for hire. She's called to help a werewolf find his mate....boy is she in for a surprise.

Zach is 30 and frustrated trying to find the mate he needs to keep his pack from falling apart..torn between duty and desperation he gets Meghan to do a spell on him little does either know what that spell will do...

Fastest book I read its a whole lot of smut but fun just the same.
Julie-anne
This wasn't just a short story, it was a micro story. Really nowhere near long enough to give a proper review since there wasn't exactly time to build up a storyline.
There's lust, sex and happy endings.

Plus that has to be the cutest cover I've seen in a long time. Also give me an idea for a tattoo.
Aug 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This small book is awesome. Very funny and light hearted. Zachary and Megan are great together. When Megan meets Zachary she thinks the reason he can't find a mate is because he can't get it up, totally loveable. Great HEA. Only complaint I'd would have liked a longer book and possible sequel or series.
Elayne
Jan 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lovely short story from an author I haven't come across before, but will be on the lookout for now. Amusing, sexy and entertaining...very enjoyable! Left me with a smile on my face...won't go into details as its just a shortie, but give it a go for a mood lifter!
Rossana Peña Rivera
Historia sencilla para leer mientras haces una fila. Los personajes me gustaron pero la pareja solo un poco. El final fue gracioso sobretodo si lo lees un viernes por la tarde de un fin de semana largo.
Beckey
Jan 11, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting & cute short story...
What happens when the alpha pack leader has problems finding his mate?
Zack asks the help from a Wiccan named Megan Stephens...
What happens is something that is funny & cute???
Jenika Ioffreda
short story, funny and entertaining.
I wouldn't mind to read more about these characters...
Fiendishly Bookish
Absolutely loved this story, pacing was perfect. The romance was perfect. Dialogue was perfect. And it was totally sexy...
Amanda Turner
Way too short a read, but I did enjoy what was written. I was just getting into it when it abruptly ended.
Mara
Nov 13, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies, pnr
A very funny and short story on a witch and the werewolf she has to help find a mate.
The Free Book Cha...: Bewitching the Werewolf, by Caroline Hanson 4 36 Jun 17, 2015 08:44PM
  • Fury (Otherkin, #1)
  • A Dragon's Seduction (The Gatekeepers, #1)
  • Before The Moon Rises (Ritter Werewolves, #1)
  • Immortal Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #5)
  • The Summons (Shadowlands, #0.5)
  • Bound in Sin (Bound, #3)
  • Cherished (Mystic Wolves #1B)
  • Claimed
  • Wild Highland Magic (The MacInnes Werewolves Trilogy, #3)
  • Wicked Werewolf Night (Werewolf Society, #1)
  • A Cajun Werewolf Christmas (Stormy Weather, #6)
  • Once Bitten (Alexa O’Brien, Huntress, #1)
  • Bewitching You (Bewitching Women, #1)
  • Silver Moon (Moon Trilogy Part III)
  • Just One Taste (The V V Inn, #0.5)
  • Cameron's Law (Adelheid, #1)
  • Deadman's Blood (Blood Series, #5)
  • Hunter's Choice (The Hunters)
Caroline Hanson grew up in California and moved to London in order to dance and go to pubs. Eventually, she matured enough to marry and imported an Englishman, returning to the United States.

After passing the bar, she had two children and now tries to parent, read, write and play tennis. She's heard rumors that other mothers clean and cook but is putting in serious effort to make sure those rumors

Megan Stephens (2 books)
  • Betwixt a Wolf and a Hard Place (Megan Stephens #2)
“And then he kissed me. Softly, like a friendly, nice-to-meet-can-I-strip-your-clothes-off-and-bury-myself-inside-you-kind of kiss.

I finally pulled back, but I didn't want to and hoped that I had been able to convey a yes-you-can-and-why-haven't-you-done-it-already response when I'd moaned and shoved my tongue into his mouth.”
6 likes
“Zackary Connor's office building was made of glass, endless windows giving the impression of being outside. It was exactly how I liked nature--air conditioned and bug free.” 5 likes