Start by marking “To Live Again (Dawn Rochelle, #5)” as Want to Read:
To Live Again (Dawn Rochelle, #5)

To Live Again

(Dawn Rochelle #5)

Dawn Rochelle looks like any other seventeen-year-old girt, but looks can be deceiving. At the age of thirteen, Dawn was diagnosed with leukemia. Now almost three years into remission, Dawn is a senior in high school and looking forward to college. But her plans are disrupted when she suffers another medical crisis that causes partial paralysis. The doctors are optimistic ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 160 pages
Published April 10th 2001 by Laurel-Leaf (first published April 2001)

✌ Ashley ☠
Probably the only McDaniel book where someone doesn't die. Which is super refreshing. Felt more sorry for Dawn than any other character so far even though she didn't die. She has just been through so much. I also learn a lot from this book. I had no idea that cancer treatments caused strokes. Love that she puts those facts in and makes the story feel more real. I did think the plot with Jake was kind of unrealistic though.
Amanda
Mar 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was a good close to the series. I’m happy she wrote one more. I liked this series, but none of the books were 5 star books. The books are worth the read but they are sad and I know Dawn was going through a lot but she was really annoying. I recommend these books to everyone.
Jess
1 star/5 stars

I have to go with Grace's split rating system here, because let's be honest: objectively, this is a TERRIBLE book. But goddamn if it didn't hit the emotionally manipulative notes that speak to my childhood. I approve.
Grace
THAT WAS EVERY BIT AS CHEESY/DRAMATIC/TERRIBLE AS I WAS HOPING.

My 13 year old self is pleased.
Carina
Oct 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys a book you cannot put down
Recommended to Carina by: I like her books and I always read them
These books are so awsome! Everybody should pick these books up in the book store and read them and I promise you won't regret it.
Mary Bronson
This was a really great book. I really enjoyed reading it. Dawn is still a great character and her struggle with life is cont Dawn is still getting strong.
Clare
Feb 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
A heart-warming ending to a great story. I recommend all the Dawn Rochelle Novels, they are all beautiful tear-jerkers.
~ ! ♥ I rp therefore I am Awesome ♥ ! ~
one of the best series
Jamie
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Alexa Esser
Mar 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Kristin
Dec 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Having recently had a stroke, I found the information interesting. My situation was completely different, but I could relate to some of the thoughts running through the protagonist's mind.
Annette Moore
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What an awesome conclusion to the Dawn Rochelle series! I won't say much here because I don't want to spoil it for anyone who may wish to read this excellent book, but I thoroughly enjoyed it! Sad and heart-wrenching in parts--just as the first four books in this touching series about a teenage girl beating the odds and overcoming a very serious illness were--this book shows us that we should never, ever take our health for granted. Not only that, but it also shows us that with determination, on ...more
Terrina
Apr 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
I gave this book four stars because at the beggining it was a little confusing but as you read it would slowly make sense. What I did like was that Dawn's best friend was there no matter what. That her friend was constantly asking if she was ok and if she had any troubles. I felt bad for Dawn because her disease that she had was deadly and could kill her if it wasnt cured right. I also didnt like how at prom her date,Jake, left to go check on someone in the hospital that didnt really needed to b ...more
Lisa
Jun 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I grew up reading the Dawn Rochelle series. As much as I am not fond of Christianity and the theme of Christianity in books, I was able to enjoy the whole series.

I read this book in particular over and over mostly because of its realistic point of view. I enjoy books that teach people that just because one's suffering is over, it doesn't mean that we will never experience sufferings of any kind in the future.
Ellen Cohen
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was truly awesome. If you read the other four Dawn Rochelle books you have got to get this one. It was great how Dawn lived her life to max with hope in the other books, but will she have the strenghth to get past the stuggles that lie ahead in this book, you'll just have to read this book and find out. I found this book heart breaking and hopeful. I hope you think it is the wonderful book I thought it was.
Suzanne
Mar 23, 2010 rated it liked it
I used to love Lurlene McDaniel's books when I was younger. I never read this one, probably because it came out when I was too old for these books. Which is funny, as my sister pointed out, because I am now much older and reading it. haha. It was a nice way to wrap up the series, and I'm glad I got to see how it all ended. I was particularly interested in reading the book now because I am studying speech language pathology.
Molly
Feb 04, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: childhood, 2014
Dawn Rochelle has survived Leukemia and is living like a normal teenager trying to finish high school and plan for college. When she suffers a stroke possibly due to chemo treatments and ends up with partial paralysis, she is not sure how much more she can take.

In many ways, this felt like an unnecessary and over-dramatic end to the series. It almost seems like an after thought. However, it does promote perseverance through hardship and that is a good message.
Coryn N
Apr 13, 2011 rated it liked it

I didn’t really like this book as much as the other ones. I gave it 3 stars. It wasn’t very exciting, but it was still ok. Dawn tries to live a normal life even though she is a leukemia survivor. Her idea of a life was different from the one she had to live. Her life was harder then most teenagers her age. She made it through though, and with a smile on her face.
Heidi
Here's what Cassady G. had to say about this book:
Overview: Big brother and little sister are a happy family.
This book ROCKS because: To Live Again is about a little sister and a big brother. They have a happy relationship. The reason they have a happy relationship is because the little girl almost died. The brother helped her get better with parts of his own body.
Erin
Aug 06, 2014 rated it liked it
I remember starting this series back in elementary school, and loving them all. When I heard there was a fifth and final book to the series I had to read it of course! It was a decent end to the series, not nearly as memorable as all the others, but perhaps that has come with age and growth of my own.
Natalie
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
Having not read the other books and just picking it up as something light and meaningless to read at school it was fine, I don't recommend it as a serious read. It is obviously meant for younger readers and might be more interesting for them. The complete story line that is implied in the beginning seems like it could be very inspirational.
Abby O
Dec 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I gave the book To Live Again 5 stars, because it is a really sad book but it was also good I liked the beginning of the book because it shows her being a normal girl again and how she can live and go to school being a normal kid. She just got rid of her leukemia and she can live a normal life once again. That is why I like this book.
Dorel
May 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This 5th book was a awesome story to read. I love how Ms. McDaniel's introduces you to another illness. This series was a great series for me to read because it helped me learn & gave me good insight about cancer. Dawn can also be inspiring to anyone who reads this series. So sad that this is the last book & I am glad I own it.
Angela
Jul 09, 2009 rated it liked it
Clean, cute book about a girl that recovers from a stroke. My 13-year-old daughter wanted me to read it. Lots of info about stroke victims, rehabilitation, and social support for those suffering from accidents, chronic illness, strokes, etc. Includes a sweet, light romance that would be appropriate for preteens even.
Dalesha R
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Nice end to this book
Susan
Jul 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Sweet young adult series about a teen with leukemia.
Caroline
Aug 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult, series
Dawn suffers a stroke from complications due to the Cancer medication she's been taking all her life. Will she ever recover?
Emily Grant
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is the best!
Katla Figgatt
Sep 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I think that this book was the best in the Dawn rachelle Novels. It was the most inspiring :)
Brittany
Part of a trilogy about Dawn Rochelle, a teen dealing with cancer.
Thinking 1 8 Feb 13, 2010 02:01PM

• Kiss and Tell (Love Stories For Young Adults, #29)
  • Some Girls Do (Love Stories For Young Adults, #11)
  • Hindenburg, 1937
  • My Anastasia (Beneath the Crown, #3)
  • Pale Phoenix
  • Ducky: Diary 3 (California Diaries, #15)
  • Who Are You?
  • Running Full Tilt
  • I Do (Love Stories For Young Adults, #35)
  • Magician of Hoad
  • Night Shift
  • I Am Rebecca (I Am Not Esther, #2)
  • Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Literacy Resource Packet
  • I Am Fifteen—and I Don't Want To Die
Lurlene McDaniel (born c. 1948) is an author who has written over 50 young adult books. She is well known for writing about characters struggling with chronic and terminal illnesses, such as cancer, diabetes, and organ failure.

Other places to find her are...

Dawn Rochelle (5 books)
  • Six Months to Live (Dawn Rochelle, #1)
  • I Want to Live (Dawn Rochelle, #2)
  • So Much to Live For (Dawn Rochelle, #3)
  • No Time to Cry (Dawn Rochelle, #4)