Start by marking “Art Saves: Stories, Inspiration and Prompts Sharing the Power of Art” as Want to Read:
Art Saves: Stories, Inspiration and Prompts Sharing the Power of Art

Art Saves: Stories, Inspiration and Prompts Sharing the Power of Art

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  95 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Discover it for yourself. Inside Art Saves, experience the stories of 20 artists who found that artistic expression and the artistic process is worth living for. Whether you are a calligraphy/graffiti artist like Lisa Engelbrecht, a metal artist like Michael DeMeng, or digital collage artist like Susan Tuttle, art has a way of giving you beauty, meaning, spiritual richness ...more
Published January 1st 2012 by Northlight (first published June 7th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Art Saves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Art Saves

liberal sprinkles
Nov 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crafts, art, inspiration
You don't have to be an artist or crafter to get something out of this book. Art Saves delivers bit-sized inspiration from 20 artists, including author Jenny Doh. You'll learn about what inspires them and drives them, how art helped them overcome personal struggles, what they do when the going gets tough and how they give back to the community. Many of these lessons are relevant to more than just artists and can easily be applied to life in general.

The messages are uplifting but I thought the in
liberal sprinkles
Nov 27, 2011 rated it really liked it

The messages are uplifting but I thought the in
Bev
Jul 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I looked through this book several times for the projects and then one day I actually READ it!
It is so inspiring! These artists have such a wonderful attitude about sharing art and helping people enjoy creating their own art.
Kathryn Dechairo
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring book and I was happy to discover some favorite artists amongst the mix. I'm a true believer in the power of art as a healing tool having experienced it myself. Great uplifting read.
Marijke Dyke
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a book that inspires the artist in all of us.
Roxanne
Aug 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2011
Beautiful profiles of artists with accompanying discussions of their passions and words on leading a creative life.
Andrea Dillon
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful and inspiring :)
Rebecca
Thanks to Angie for spotting this for me -- very inspiring! Lots of simple ideas that give art some extra meaning and importance. Going to have to study this more. :)
Linda
Aug 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspirational stories from some wonderful mixed media artists. You don't have to be into art to appreciate this book. Inspiring!
Sonya
Oct 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jenny has a great insight into artists and how they create. I really enjoy her series of books.
Stephanie