Start by marking “Teens Happen A Parent’s Guide to Deciphering the Most Secretive of Creatures (Written by a Teen)” as Want to Read:

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  5 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Your teenager walks in the door from school, a little late. "Hi! How are you?" you say. "Hey. Fine," he replies, heading toward his room where he'll close the door behind him.

What's a parent to do? Teens Happen is here to help, but it isn't your run-of-the-mill parenting book. This one was actually written by a teenager, and the author - highschooler Shea Rouda - gives you
Published October 17th 2011 by Real You LCC

Be the first to ask a question about Teens Happen A Parent’s Guide to Deciphering the Most Secretive of Creatures

Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
My oldest daughter is fifteen and while I remember my teenage years with (cringing) clarity a lot has changed in the past 20+ years. I've read several parenting manuals recently, more for reassurance than anything else as I attempt to guide my daughter through this particularly delicate phase of development. Teens happened appealed to me because it is written by a teen and purports to offer insights that other similar books on the subject don't.
While Teens Happen is helpful, there are no surpris
John Anderson
Apr 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: parenting
I believe this book, while concise with details and rather terse, does an excellent job of accomplishing it's goal. if Rouda's desire was to create a knowledgable, short, and funny read than i believe this could be regarded as a solid book. however, if he was trying to write a well informed, step-by-step parenting guide with extreme advice then i do think it could use a lot more info or development. ultimately i see this as a book for the parent transitioning into teen years with little time, a ...more
Clementine
Sep 28, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011, non-fiction
There's nothing particularly illuminating here, and while I can appreciate the idea behind it, I can't imagine parents actually seeking this out as a resource.
Kaira Rouda