Start by marking “For Better, for Worse, Forever (April Lancaster, #2)” as Want to Read:
For Better, for Worse, Forever (April Lancaster, #2)

For Better, for Worse, Forever

(April Lancaster #2)

Grief-stricken by the loss of Mark Gianni, April Lancaster and her parents have gone to the island of St. Croix for an extended vacation. One day on the beach, April meets bitter, lonely 18-year-old Brandon Benedict. Brandon blames his father for his mother's recent suicide. April is still trying to come to terms with her own grief. The two become very close...but April ...more
Published August 11th 1997 by Laurel Leaf Library

To ask other readers questions about For Better, for Worse, Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For Better, for Worse, Forever

Start your review of For Better, for Worse, Forever (April Lancaster, #2)
Choua Vue
Nov 04, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: my friends
well lets see what did I learn... I learned that just because someone you loved died doesn't mean that you can't have two people you love...
MylaT
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read the book FOR BETTER, FOR WORSE, FOREVER, by Lurlene McDaniel. The setting is placed on an Island in St. Croix. The main characters are April Lancaster, and Brandon Benedict. April lost her fiancé Mark and she dwells over it, she also has a sickness that comes back and its even stronger and she didnt know what would happen. Brandon Benedict is someone April meets at the island. I found this book through the author because I like her books.

April had lost her fiancé, and her parents had
Traceylee
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why

This is about a young girl who had a brain tumor and fell in love after her fiance died and had to learn to let go and move on with her life till she had problems with her brain tumor.
Isabelle Medina
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After the death of Mark ,April had went to an island for a trip for her and her parents so she can get Mark off her mind But she couldnt she thought about him everyday in the day and night for months. When she went hiking on top of a mountain she looked up at the sky to see if Mark was wathing over her and he did. All of a sudden this random stranger scared her and Thye started talkig and They talked a lot and had feelings for eachother but he never knew about her illness she didnt want to scare ...more
VampireNovelFan
Apr 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
I remember reading this book in middle school with my eyes glued to every page. It was a different experience for me because it introduced impending tragedy. This is a sequel to Til Death Do Us Part. The main character, April Lancaster, is terminally ill and mourning the death of her fiancée in the first book. Her family decides to take her on a vacation. There she meeds Brandon Benedict. They spend time helping each other heal from hurtful memories of their past. With April still in mourning, ...more
Hanna Widdel
Nov 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
For Better, For Worse, Forever is a controversy love story. In the book, the main character, April, is recovering from her now dead fiancé. She thinks she can not go on loving anyone else. On her vacation, she meets a new boy who falls for her. During this time, her brain tumor returns. Find out if she survives and loves the new boy she meets, or everything turns for the worst. If you enjoy love stories, this is a good book for you.
This book is a catchy, sad love story. I really enjoyed this
AlixJamie
Jun 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Lauren
Nov 14, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who loves romance and medicine
I adore this story time and time again. It's such a bittersweet story about how April Lancaster goes on with her life after her husband Mark's sudden death from Cystic Fibrosis. You can feel her agony at moving on to love another and then the end will make you re think about your life. The one thing that I have gotten from all of Lurlene McDaniel's books are that life is way too short to be hesistant and regretful, even in painful situations. If you read this book along with a few of her other ...more
Honnor
May 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This author lurlene McDaniel is wonderful at writing. She's great at making the books good and the endings to be great. The book For Better Or Worse is an amazing book, the way the two couples come together and end up loving each other is romantic. My favorite part was when Brandon shows her around his place and where the beautiful things are where he lives. Most of all I would recommend this book to people who love romantic story's.
Megan Anderson
Nov 24, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: formystudents, 2009
Oh, man. I just about stopped reading fifteen times in the two hundred pages of this book. It's incredibly over-the-top (okay, so was the last one, and so are just about all of her books, but this goes beyond even the others). The ending felt really rushed, I didn't really care about the characters, and I was kinda glad when it ended.

Actually, I think two stars is being generous...

2/5 on here, 4/10 for myself
Sherina Roten
Apr 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was about April a girl who lost her boyfriend Mark. April and her parent went on a vaction to St. Croix. April met up with a boy named Brandon. They have a lot and commen. Aprils headaches start coming back, this is making them cut their vaction short. April is ill and cant decide how to tell Brandon.
Mary Bronson
I thought this was a really good book. I really enjoyed reading the second book about April. I like how Lurlene went back and forth between the main characters. By the end of this book I was also crying.
▲ll-eh-sun
Jan 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lurlene-mcdaniel
Oh my goodness! Very good book, and yes I did cry. I couldn't stop reading this book. It just drew me in, and I felt like I really knew the characters. Honestly, I don't think I could read a book over again, but I probably could read this again! I definitely would recommend this book!
Courtney U
Oct 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book was good. My favorite part in this book is at the end when the guy blows up a balloon and lets it go in to the sky. He does that because April used to do that for Mark her dead boyfriend. It is a very sad book so I would not read this book unless you like sad books!
Mayssa
Mar 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Amazing... couldn't even put the book down
Sabina
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was just really sad about the ending. I wanted typical romance but this brought me start reality. Overall, it was well written.
Cooper
Feb 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I don't know why I read these books when I was younger, but I cried and cried and cried over these books.
Keshia Burchette
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
Devastation perfectly captured.
Rebecca H.
Nov 13, 2007 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: People in the mood for a good cry
This book is the sequel to Til Death do us part. After her fiance dies, April moves to an island. She meets a new boy and befriends him, only to discover her cancer has returned.
Cassandra Kutchara
Dec 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was my 1st love story that I ever fell in love with!! <3 I even went out and bought the movie! :)
Kirsten Taylor
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
this book is sad and moving. I got it from my English teacher my junior year in high school and loved it. it made me cry, think and laugh at different times.
Jessica
Read in middle school
Emily Ebben
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Crystal Mooney
Mar 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As always this author never disappoints. Great read for teenage girls who are all into the lovey dove stuff.
Kianna Fisher
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book too, Tell death do us apart! Very good book, easy read and it's the kind of book that you don't want to put down because it's that good.
Rameela (Star)
Mar 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011
sequel to till death do us apart... so amazing.. but sad...
Aden
Jan 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Sad. Just sad.
Mrs. Schonour
May 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: illness-dying
This is a sequel, which I enjoyed. I wanted to know what happened to April after "Till Death Do us Part" ended.
Caroline
Aug 07, 2008 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: fans of the author
Dying April goes to St. Croix and faces an unexpected romance from a local boy. About as good as the first book.

• Keeper
  • The New Guy (and Other Senior Year Distractions)
  • Tick Tock (Michael Bennett, #4)
  • All Chained Up (Devil's Rock, #1)
  • Kill Without Mercy (ARES Security, #1)
  • Lost
  • Forever Strong (True Heroes, #6)
  • Absolute Trust (True Heroes, #3)
  • Being Mrs. Cane (Cane, #3.5)
  • Law Man (Dream Man, #3)
  • My Bad (Bear Bottom Guardians MC, #4)
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
  • Lying to Her Grumpy New Boss (Cates Brothers #3)
  • Hostage (Predators MC, #3)
  • Just a Boyfriend (End of the Line #2)
  • Ever After
  • First Semester (Campus Tales, #1)
  • Getting Noticed: A No-Nonsense Guide to Standing Out and Selling More for Momtrepreneurs Who 'Ain't Got Time for That'
Lurlene McDaniel (born c. 1948) is an author who has written over 50 young adult books. She is well known for writing about characters struggling with chronic and terminal illnesses, such as cancer, diabetes, and organ failure.

Other places to find her are...

April Lancaster (2 books)
  • Till Death Do Us Part (April Lancaster, #1)