Start by marking “Chasing Shadows” as Want to Read:
Chasing Shadows

Liana Hakes-Rucker

Chasing Shadows

3.13  ·  Rating details ·  16 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Being mistaken for a prominent Chicago area hooker is downright disconcerting, especially when there's a chance it might be true. This sort of situation would be easier for Meegan to take if she wasn't also plagued by spooks, ghosts and a total lack of impulse control. Miss Jones is carefully considering turning herself in to a psych ward, when she meets Schuyler Mills, th ...more
Nook, 0 pages
Published July 7th 2011 by Liana Hakes-Rucker, via Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing Shadows

Marisa
Mar 20, 2012 rated it liked it
*SPOILER ALERT *the story wasn't bad. in fact i really enjoyed it. however i despised the end. The whole book is about Meegan who was found on the beach unconscious and has no memory of her life before then. there were a couple times i wanted to put the book down but i couldnt because i REALLY wanted to find out. and then at the end of the book.....you don't find out. i felt so unfulfilled an like i was left hanging. and not in a "i hope this is a series" way, but in a "i don't know if i want to ...more
Jackie Leitson
Nov 26, 2012 rated it liked it

3.5 stars. Fun, easy read. I love the style of writing. Good characters. Great book for free on my Nook. FYI-there's quite a few spelling and grammatical errors. This author needs an editor badly!! However, I decided to read the next one in the series and am loving it!! It's called Shades of Grey. The 2nd book is not a stand alone book. It picks up right where this one ends. You really need to read this one first.
Katherine
Oct 05, 2012 rated it liked it
This book was very different, and not always an easy read. Another reviewer didn't like the ending, and neither did I, bit fir a different reason. Not getting closure for Meegan seemed reasonable - not every story has all of the loose ends tied up nicely at the end - but there were suddenly more uncertainties and loose ends introduced right at the end of the book! Not nice, leaving a bad taste after an entertaining read.
Birgit
May 27, 2014 rated it did not like it
This book sounded so interesting about a Polish Jew who converts to Islam etc etc but WHAT IS GOING ON! It is all over the place, no continuity, goes backwards and forwards, I keep going back to see if I have missed something...............I guess you can't judge a book by its cover. Very disappointing.
Kathi Jenness
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
The plot was entertaining enough, if a little windy. My main issue with this book was the lack of editing. The plot could have been easily condensed, and I find it unforgivable that she confused "you're" for "your" throughout the book. Plot twists at the end have me considering reading the second book, but I'm not sure I'm up for it.
Shannon
Dec 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Fun read, I enjoyed the book, but you have to read the next in the series. I love the way Liana Hakes-Rucker writes. I too wish that it didn't have so many grammatical errors, I volunteer to help edit your next book Liana! No charge except for a copy of the book :)
Greg McCain
Jan 10, 2016
Wendi (BrokenBinding)
Mar 12, 2014
Geof
rated it did not like it
Jul 31, 2014