Start by marking “I natt är du död (Sandhamn, #4)” as Want to Read:
I natt är du död (Sandhamn, #4)

I natt är du död (Sandhamn #4)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  1,965 Ratings  ·  116 Reviews
När studenten Marcus Nielsen hittas död i sin lägenhet tyder allt på att han har begått självmord, men Marcus mamma är övertygad om att han blivit mördad och bönfaller Nackapolisen att gräva vidare.

Vid polisens undersökning av fallet leder spåren till Korsö militärförläggning utanför Sandhamn, där de hårdföra kustjägarna haft sin bas i decennier. Kort därefter dör ytterlig
Published April 11th 2011 by Bokförlaget Forum (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about I natt är du död, please sign up.
Ellen It just came out in English. It was a good book! I have read the first 4 and now I'm waiting for the 5th translation. I really like this author.

Tulay
Dec 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good murder mystery.

While reading this book, forgot the fact author was female. She did created strong and caring male character. This kind of a military training doesn't grab this grandmother. Male readers, about thirty will enjoy this story.
Natasha Niezgoda
2 ⭐ No blatant spoilers. Just basic observations.

This was my least favorite book in the series. It’s not that it was poorly written (though, I think some of the translations were awkward this time around), it’s just that it was disjointed and slow.

The intrigue of the murder doesn’t start until you’re 200 pages in, which to me is too long for a build up... especially because the build up was for such a predictable ending (I honestly didn’t need to read the last 50 pages).

This was also the first
Joyce
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars

I read the Kindle English edition.

Detective Thomas Andreasson returns to work after doing a month in rehab following his falling through the ice. He lost two toes and is getting used to walking again. He responds to a body in the student housing section of Stockholm University. They find Marcus Nielsen hanging from a fixture. It’s an apparent suicide.

Marcus’ family insists that he did not commit suicide. He was as normal as can be on the Saturday before his demise. Thomas goes to look at
Ken Fredette
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book as Viveca has changed, who the book is mostly about, and this time it is Thomas. We were left with him falling through the ice in the last book, and in this one he has made his ex-wife pregnant with a little girl. It doesn't leave Nora for long but mostly we feel for her new love with her tenant. The story unfolds with 8 men in their basic training which lasts for eleven months. Unknown to us it was the reason for the first suicide to take place that lead to the murders ...more
Elina
Mielestäni kirjan juoni oli rakennettu hienosti. Ärsyttävää toistoa on joissain kohdissa, mutta se ei nyt haitannut kokonaisuutta kuitenkaan.
Lisbeth Bardal
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Herlig og spennende krim fra Sverige som tar oss rundt i skjærgården i Stockholm. Hovedfigurene virker ekte og kunne vært naboen din. Et spennende møte med Viveca Steens forfatterskap.
Tanja Berg
Ännu en helt okej, men ytterst medelmåttig deckare. Åtminstone är det inte fler som dör med direkt anknytning till lilla Sandhamn. I det här tillfället är det en student som hittas hängd. Före fallet hinner avskrivas hittas en person vedkommande varit i kontakt med också död och det visar sig att inte vara en olyckshändelse eller självmord. Så Thomas och Margit försöker att hitta sambandet.

Det mest intressanta med den här boken är förhållandena huvudpersonerna emellan. Thomas har hittat tillbaka
Kristi Lamont
Wow. Sweden has a seriously dark side. Also? I wish my friend Hank was still alive so he could make fun of me for reading three books in one day.
Carlotta Flisi
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Si legge in un fiato...veramente appassionante.....
Linda
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This boo k, and book 3 in series were darker-- hitting that Swedish Nordic Noir edge, using same characters with a little less of their personal lives and a larger historical back story of murder, abuse, small town secrets, military, the whole grim shebang-- in between beautiful vistas of the Archipelago. Glad to havea break as Book 5 not yet published.
Kirsten
A bit disappointing--definitely my least favorite in the series. Very little about Sandheim, very little about Nora. It certainly seems well-researched and if you're more of a fan of military history than I am, you'll likely enjoy it. Meanwhile, I'll be hoping that when the next book becomes available in English, I'll be reading one that's more like the first three in the series.
Jen
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I eagerly await each new translation of Viveca Sten's Sandhamn Murders series and was gratified to find the latest translation (Tonight You're Dead) on NetGalley.

Marcus Nielsen, a university student, is initially suspected of suicide; Thomas Andreasson, however, can't exactly understand what bothers him about the scene. After finding out what Marcus has been researching, Thomas visits one of the men Marcus interviewed.

The man, a former member of the Coastal Rangers, is found dead shortly after
Hannelore Cheney
Thank you Netgalley and Amazon Crossing for the eARC.
The 4th in this great series was another thoroughly enjoyable read. Can't wait for the 5th.
Nora is on her own, sharing custody of her beloved boys with her ex-husband; one week with her, one week with him. It's a tough time for her, she still feels mentally bruised. Thank goodness for her best friend Thomas, who is reunited with his wife. The couple gives Nora much needed solace and, on top of
that, she even meets a possible new man.
Thomas is i
Ninaminacat
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All change!

This fourth instalment in the Sandhamn Mysteries makes a shift away from Sandhamn itself, with much of the present day police activity being on the mainland, while the action in the 1970s timeline is set on Korso, another island in the Stockholm Archipelago, used in the past for the training elite military forces.

This change of location is not the only thing that marks this book out from its predecessors: Nora features rather less than in the previous novels and the time devoted to t
Tash
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Big thank you to NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book.

‘Tonight You’re Dead’ originally was published in Swedish in 2011, in English – 14 November 2017.

It’s the second book of Viveca Sten I have read so far. And probably won’t be the last. I must say I am a sucker for Scandinavian detective and mystery stories.

I very much enjoyed the focus on the Detective Thomas Andreasson in this book as I find his character very appealing. At the same time Nora’s role in this story got a little bit
Diana
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Disclosure: I received this book in a Goodreads giveaway. I was excited to have an ARC of Tonight Your Dead by Viveca Sten as I have read the previous book in this series and looked forward to this one as well. This book was as much about the mystery of the apparent suicide cases as it was about the continuing relationships of the main characters in the series - Thomas and his family, co-workers and friends, Nora and her family and friends, and their friendship as well, and perhaps as a result, ...more
Jim Nolt
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After a few slow reads, it's nice to get back to an author I really like. "Tonight You're Dead" is the fourth in Viveca Sten's Sandhhamn series. Detective Thomas Andreasson is back at work after nearly freezing to death as he wrapped up his last case. Nora Linde too is back, this time coping with her divorce and and perhaps heading for a new romance. The story opens with the death of a young man who had been looking into the training procedures of the Coastal Rangers (an elite military group) in ...more
Jerry Miller
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another enjoyable story from Ms. Sten. Came upon this series by accident, and have been reading each one as it's translated. These are quick reads. Chapters are short and they lend themselves to what amounts to soundbites. That being said, the characters are well developed, and I found myself getting really invested in their lives. There are always some hints present as to whom is responsible for the murders that are occuring, but not enough to spoil the story. In this story, a character was int ...more
Tonya Peterson
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Suicide or murder

As nora and her husbands seperation wendlws down she is still battling if divorce is the right thing fr her boys. She knew her marriage was over long before she found out but the way she found out still makes her mad. As she is finding new friends , but she cant stop thinking of the pilot and tenant. Thomas on the other hand is back to work after a bad accident and he comes in what everyone thinks is suicide but deep down he rhinks its murder staged. Then over the 3 weeks we fin
Linda  Branham Greenwell
Detective Thomas Andreasson is back at work after nearly freezing to death as he wrapped up his last case. Nora Linde too is back, this time coping with her divorce and and perhaps heading for a new romance. The story opens with the death of a young man who had been looking into the training procedures of the Coastal Rangers (an elite military group) in the 1970s. At first his death is believed a suicide, but when members of that military group with whom the man had met begin to turn up dead, th ...more
Donella Belleau
Still reading the series

I am reading the books in this series, one after another. I enjoyed this book, but not as much as the others. With so many victims I didn't feel as involved in their story. Nora and Thomas had separate stories, those didn't come together as much as past books. Nora was going through a difficult time, that brought back a lot of memories of my very similar situation, glad that's all in the distant past! The difficult situation for the young men in that military unit was he
Kat
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tonight You're Dead might be my favorite of Viveca Sten's Sandhamn Murder series. The mystery is well written (and the translation is excellent!) The character development of both Nora and Thomas is wonderful. I loved the journal sections throughout the book, and I had no clue who "it" was until the end. Viveca writes and you feel that you are part of the detective team as they work through the clues. I found myself thinking, "YES - good point, Thomas!" in many places throughout the story.

I hig
Joan
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
I really enjoyed this book - it kept me up way too late reading as I didn't want to stop! It certainly made me rethink my image of Sweden as a peaceful nation - there was certainly a dark side to the history revealed in this book. The author did a great job of going between the various stories and creating a good mystery, and I don't think anything was lost in the translation. I think it is important to read the books in order to better understand the characters and their relationships. I can't ...more
Roderick Baxter
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Gradual Unfolding.

I am enjoying the serial nature of "The Sandhamn Murders". Even though Nora plays a lesser role in this story. The character's lives are engaging. There is a mystery to be solved here, but apart from the expected twist, the reader is on the right track, from about a third of the way through. Nevertheless, I kept reading, because of the continual unfolding of the plot. The climax comes at a very fast pace, turning a methodical mystery, into a gripping yarn.
Karen Watkins
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Read!

This entire series has been great fun to read, it has strong characters, a beautiful setting and mystery that makes sense! Thanks to the author, translator and also the narration was excellent in all 4 books! I didn't know much about Sweden, not much beyond general knowledge, so I learned something new about the people, food, that sort of thing and I love that! All of the books in this series could easily be read alone, they are that good, but even better, stronger when read in order!
Jerra Runnels
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed the past with the present

I love Sten’s Sandhamn Murders books, and while I didn’t like seeing Nora’s personal loss of family, I was happy to see her find happiness. The murders surrounding the long ago military training was very interesting. I couldn’t stop reading about it. I really enjoyed this book. Sometimes her stories have too much drama at the end to be realistic, but usually the ending is a somewhat happy one with pieces of the puzzle put together. Can’t wait for Book 5 to be tr
Tracey S Choat
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Swedish island mystery

I've read all of this series and have enjoyed it very much. These books need to be read in order to fully understand the setting. I thought the author did a great job bringing the landscape to life and made Sweden sound beautiful and interesting. In the first two books, I did not care for the female main character because she came across as weak but I found her strength growing as the books progress. I would definitely read more books by this author.
Karen Lawson
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tonight your captured

Well written and a story that can capture your interest at the start and keep you guessing all the way through. Little nuances give you an idea about the killer and make it difficult to put down until the final page. I have enjoyed all of the Sandhamn murders since you can follow the lives of the characters from one book through the next. I just wish I knew how to pronounce the names.
Jen Juenke
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the very first page this thriller keeps you hooked! You keep wondering who is the killer, and you will not even begin to guess who it might be till 3/4 of the way done. The writing was superb, the characters were great, and the storytelling was on point. My only negative feeling was how all of the characters knew each other so well. I felt like I was stepping into a series with no background info. Overall a great book!
Valerie E. Miller
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A WILD NORDIC RIDE!

As was I could say of Viveca Sten's previous three Sandhamn Murders novels, this one does not disappoint! The characters are well conceived and developed and even the "good" people have enough complexities to render them realistically flawed and human. Add a great plot line to the mix and there you have it. I love that this story is so steeped in the Swedish milieu.
Add book cover 1 1 Aug 05, 2018 12:51PM
  • Svara om du hör mig (Hagfors, #3)
  • Hostage (Fredrika Bergman and Alex Recht, #4)
  • Fyrmästarens dotter (Karin Adler, #1)
  • Den sista akten (Anders Knutas, #10)
  • Helgonet (Hammarbyserien, #4)
  • När skönheten kom till Bro (Maria Wern #13)
  • Nobels testamente (Annika Bengtzon #6)
  • Vila i frid (Emma Sköld, #1)
  • Efterskalv (A-gruppen, #9)
  • Skyggedød
  • Änglamakerskan (Patrik Hedström, #8)
  • De ensamma
  • Liv og legeme
  • De underkända (Sebastian Bergman, #5)
Viveca Sten made her author debut with crime novel Still Waters. It soon became a huge hit with both critics and readers and today the author has sold almost 3 million copies of her books worldwide.

In May 2014, her seventh novel, The Price of Power, was published in Sweden. It was hugely successful and Viveca cemented her place as one of the country’s most popular authors. Her Sandhamn Murder Seri
More about Viveca Sten

Sandhamn (9 books)
  • Still Waters (Sandhamn, #1)
  • Closed Circles (Sandhamn, #2)
  • I grunden utan skuld (Sandhamn, #3)
  • I stundens hetta (Sandhamn, #5)
  • I farans riktning (Sandhamn, #6)
  • I maktens skugga (Sandhamn, #7)
  • I sanningens namn (Sandhamn, #8)
  • I fel sällskap (Sandhamn, #9)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Wrong Man
    $9.49 $1.99
  • What You Don't Know
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The River Is Dark (Liam Dempsey, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • When They Come for You (Harper McDaniel #1)
  • Murder at Bray Manor : a cozy historical mystery
  • Name of the Devil: A Jessica Blackwood Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Working Fire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Night Crew (Sean Drummond, #7)
  • The Music of the Deep
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Adventuress (Lady Emily, #10)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer Children (The Collector, #3)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Good Twin
    $5.99 $2.99
  • An Innocent Client (Joe Dillard, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Speed of Sound (Speed of Sound Thrillers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Bones (Shetland Island, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Bourne Initiative (Jason Bourne, #14)
  • The Good Neighbor
  • Under an English Heaven: An Ellie Kent Mystery
  • Pretty Girls Dancing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Swansong (DI Nick Dixon #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Have His Carcase (Lord Peter Wimsey #8)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
  • Casino: Love and Honor in Las Vegas
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Mr. Timothy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
  • What Lies Below
  • Silent Child
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Pleasantville
    $12.49 $1.99
  • The Walkers of Dembley (Agatha Raisin, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Killing Orders
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sound of Rain
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden Killers (Tennison, #2)
  • What If
  • Come Closer
  • My Best Friend's Exorcism
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Cold Granite (Logan McRae, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Private Lies (Jane Avery #1)
  • Liars, Inc.
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Death Wears a Mask (Amory Ames Mystery, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Sacred Clowns (Navajo Mysteries, #11)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Invisible
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Fix (Amos Decker, #3)
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Hush
    $14.99 $2.99
  • The Pharaoh Key (Gideon Crew series)
    $14.99 $3.99
  • The Historian
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Secrets in Death (In Death, #45)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Hellfire Club
    $13.99 $4.99
  • The Panther  (John Corey, #6)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Less Than A Treason (Kate Shugak, #21)
    $9.99 $4.49
  • The Air Raid Killer (Max Heller, Dresden Detective, #1)
  • 15 Seconds
    $6.99 $1.99
  • You'll Never Know, Dear
  • The Cruelty
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Paragon Walk (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #3)
    $11.99 $1.99