Start by marking “Il socio” as Want to Read:
Il socio

Il socio

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  16,728 Ratings  ·  800 Reviews
Laureatosi a pieni voti ad Harvard, Mitchell McDeere viene subito contattato da uno dei più prestigiosi studi legali del paese.
Il contratto ha dell'incredibile: uno stipendio favoloso e la possibilità di diventare socio in brevissimo tempo.
Ma l'offerta ha dei lati oscuri e Mitchell non tarda ad accorgersene: l'FBI lo sta tenendo sotto controllo. Di che cosa lo sospettano?
C
Mass Market Paperback, I Miti, 511 pages
Published 1995 by Mondadori (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Il socio, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Il socio

Dan Martin
Jul 19, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ...
it's not that this book necessarily deserves a 1, being the worst score possible, but... it's just so fucking dumb. I only finished it because I'm stuck in between 4 rice fields in japan, and the only reading I had available in english was. well. the label on my pepsi bottle.
IF you happen to be a 40-50 year old (white)man, and like reading about "6 figures", then I'll understand you liking this book.
Hhere's a taste.

"And, don't worry McDeere (former star college quarterback), The firm will front
Brian
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, 2016, grisham
I loved this book. This book belongs in the same category with the ones you can’t put down, and you curl in a corner, shaking with red eyes and a gaunt frame from malnutrition. Grisham developed the characters well and developed the plot with skill of a master storyteller. I noticed some similarities with Stephen King’s style, such as using a reference to the object with “the” instead of “a” (the “coffee table sat alone in the room,” “the man sat at the bar”), and he refers to people with nickn ...more
Brooke Hargett
Jan 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This book was fantastic! Loved every second of it. A few weeks ago it came on TV and I was saying "this is a great movie!" but within minutes I realized I had NOT seen it! I was thinking of A Few Good Men! Who knew I had never seen The Firm?? My husband said he'd read it years ago and it was one of the best books he'd ever read. So, I DVRd the movie and went to get the book (I didn't watch the movie yet, but I've heard it was a disappointment from the book... of course right???)

I seriously could
Dawn Quarles
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
On of my favorite books ever.
Ahmad Sharabiani
The Firm, John Grisham
عنوان: شرکت؛ نویسنده: جان گریشام؛ مترجم: مرجان رزم آرا؛ تهران، سپنج، 1373؛ در 572 ص؛ چاپ دوم 1375؛ موضوع: داستانهای نویسندگان امریکایی - قرن 20 م
عنوان: شرکت؛ نویسنده: جان گریشام؛ مترجم: فریده مهدوی دامغانی؛ تهران، البرز، 1373؛ در 631 ص؛ چاپ دوم 1376؛ چاپ دیگر: 1395؛ در 636 ص؛ شابک: 9644420594؛
با اقتباس از این رمان، فیلمی به کارگردانی «سیدنی پولاک» و بازی «تام کروز» ساخته شده و نیز سریالی تلویزیونی در 22 قسمت
Julianne
Jul 29, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I recently realized 1) I've never read any of John Grisham's novels and 2) that's a shame. So I picked this up at the library a couple trips ago, when I found myself browsing in the G's. Why The Firm rather than The Client or The Associate? My grandfather, a former lawyer, happened to mention it in a conversation a couple months ago, so the title was on my mind.

My main impression is that this is the kind of pulp that no one will read 100 years from now (thank goodness). It reminded me very stron
Roya
DNF at p.64

Whenever I have problems, I resort to reading fiction. This usually seems to assuage the pain that is reality, but sometimes it doesn't work. Sometimes the plot is so banal and unexciting that you just put your book down, stare at the ceiling, and think about every single thing that can possibly go wrong over the next sixty years.

So I only started reading this because I can't handle seeing a movie first if it's based on a book.

And my parents want to see the movie adaptation of this wi
غزل أدم

طوال الرواية كما أن الحبكة والأحداث لم تكن تحتمل هذا العدد المهول من الصفحات
فكان من الممكن تلخيصها فى 250 صفحة فقط ولن تتاثر الرواية

بالإضافة
Chris
Snap! I forgot all about Grisham when I putting in the crap books - thanks Conrad. Summer of '92, we were staying in a cabin off Devil's Lake in Michigan near my aunt's; I finished off the books I'd read and was unable to convince anyone in my family to play "D-Day To the Rhine", the WW2 strategy game I bought in Anarbor, but luckily my aunt had stocked our cabin with a whole slew of Grisham.

I think I read this in a day, and since the last paragraph was pure memoir that has nothing to do with th
سمية عبد العزيز

تحذير: لا تقرأ الملخص الخلفي لأنه يحرق مفاجأة الرواية*

فكرة الرواية مختلفة, طالب في قسم المحاماة, من الأوائل على دفعته, يتلقى عروض عمل من أكبر الشركات, لكن أحد العروض كان فوق مختلف عن كل العروض الأخرى

سيحبها كل من يميل لروايات الإثارة والأكشن
Shelves: fiction, thriller
Лиляна
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Страхотна. Майстор е Гришам.
Cynthia
Jan 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great read! Enjoyed this one even if I am 20 years behind! Look forward to seeing the movie as well. I am sure everyone knows the story so I will say I almost figured I would just watch the movie but this book was my favorite Grisham since I read "A Time to Kill" when it originally came out. It was an exciting read that kept you wanting to keep reading to see what this poor young couple would be put through next! Just imagine if everything you did or said was being listened to! If you are ...more
Linda Strawn
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a gift to me from my friend Sheri for my birthday. I read it while on a Florida vacation while my friend Kelly was reading it too and was also on vacation with me. It got me started reading! It was my first and only John Grisham. Loved the book....hated the movie. There are some times in the book were you go, "hmmmmm". But overall I really enjoyed it.
Magda Pais
Aug 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-own, 2017
John Grisham é um dos meus autores favoritos. Foi com ele (mais exactamente com Os Litigantes) que tive uma das situações mais engraçadas... deixei passar a minha estação de metro e só sai na última paragem da linha.
Por norma são livros passados com advogados (é curiosa essa tendência deste autor) e mostra um outro lado da advocacia. Bom, talvez nem todos estejam envolvidos com a Máfia, como é o caso deste...

Grisham sabe como desenvolver as personagens, como as caracterizar e como nos prender. S
Roxanne Godin
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
L'auteur écrit avec une simplicité remarquable, rendant ainsi accessible aux lecteurs du contenu que je juge assez complexe pour une personne qui ne connaît rien en fiscalité. Bien que John Grisham soit plus direct, le roman n'en demeure pas moins très captivant. Un équilibre parfait entre les descriptions et les dialogues contribue à améliorer la fluidité et à garder le lecteur intéressé. Chaque fin de chapitre comporte un rebondissement, une situation difficilement prévisible. L'action qui s'y ...more
Heather
Jun 29, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: someone who likes suspense and doesn't care that the plot is completely absurd
Shelves: adult
This is the stupidest book I've ever actually wanted to finish reading. The suspense was fun, but the plot was just ridiculous. It was just completely preposterous. There were so many unbelievable plot points that I started taking notes (definitely spoilers though I don't think I recommend the book anyway):

1. He is a loving husband w/a great sex life - him cheating was completely unbelievable

2. I do not think the mob would recruit unsuspecting lawyers to their cause. Therefore, the whole premise
Eric Althoff
Aug 08, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I still remember being barely 15 years old and walking home from the late bus with "The Firm" in hand, walking the half-mile home while reading, unable to put it down and delaying getting started on my homework until the chapter was done.

While "A Time to Kill" put John Grisham on the map, "The Firm" solidified his reputation as one of contemporary fiction's most bestselling yard-spinners. Many dismiss him as a pop hack who got lucky, but "The Firm" is suspense of the highest possible caliber. G
Brandon
Feb 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Conspiracy theorists
The Firm is a first-rate ride. John Grisham, the author, spends some time at the beginning of the novel showing the backstory that becomes essential later down the road. Not only Grisham's first success in novel writing, The Firm, in its protagonist Mitch McDeere, starts from the bottom himself and becomes a successful attorney. It is the comparison between Grisham and McDeere that gives a special insight into the development of McDeere. Fact and fiction mirror each other. Most assuredly, the co ...more
Peg
Feb 18, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Firm by John Grisham. This audio book was provided to me free-of-charge by GoodReads, FirstReads. This is a long (17 hours) audio book that took me a while to listen to since I listen only when I'm in my car. Luckily, I had seen the movie starring Tom Cruise way back in 1993 or 1994, so was able to remember enough what the movie was about and that made it easy to keep up with what was happening since I was listening to it sporadically.

Enough has been said about the plot so I won't go into th
Megan (bookslayerReads)
This was my very first John Grisham book and I absolutely loved it. At first I wasn't sure whether or not I would enjoy it strictly because of it being based on a law firm. Yawn, seems kind of boring to me. But in actuality, this was probably one of the best books I've come across in a long time. Yes, it is titled "The Firm", therefore it is about a law firm and lawyers, but without all the boring law stuff and lawyer mumbo-jumbo that you would think would go along with that title. It was a very ...more
Ciara Fischer
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
I'd never read a John Grisham novel so I figured I'd start with one of his earliest. It was clearly in the '80s, which is fine, but I kept thinking, "Man, this would be so much easier if they all had burner phones." But that's on me.

Overall, it was an enjoyable read that has me wanting to read more by the author. While Grisham's main character was a lawyer and worked at 'The Firm' with other lawyers, I wish it would have gone more into detail about the law. I enjoy legal discussions and policy a
Norris Johnson
Mar 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a great book! The plot was intriguing and the action did not stop until the very end. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys good action-packed books.

One thing that did bother me was that the majority of the characters in the book who were black were in subservient roles, meaning that they were waiters, cooks, etc. In fact, at some points, it felt like the author went out of his way to make the characters in subservient roles black.
Jonetta
Sep 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first Grisham novel and I literally could not put this book down. The pace was breathtaking and I couldn't predict what would happen from page to page. The movie is somewhat different and there are aspects of the plot in the book that you don't want to miss.

Great read if you like high mystery and suspense.
Jr Bacdayan
I fell in love with Grisham because of this book. A page turner till the very end.
Maciek
"The Firm" kept me wanting to know how it will end, and isn't it the purpose of a good thriller ?
Cátia Santos
Dec 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Há muitos anos vi o filme e gostei muito! O livro também não desiludiu...
Shannon
May 17, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
*Spoilers if you haven't read the book or seen the film*

I have two main complaints, one narrative-related and the other morality-related:

1. The book is touted as a suspenseful thriller. Yet every time my interest piqued as a reader ("Oooh, that subtle hint was interesting. What's going to happen now?!"), Grisham would take all the fun out of it by giving me a flipping VILLAIN CHAPTER, where the main evil lawyers meet in a back room to tell the reader exactly what just happened and what will happ
Rosa
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Il protagonista è Mitch Albon, un giovane avvocato che pur avendo poca esperienza viene assunto in un grande studio di Memphis. All'interno dello studio gli orari di lavoro sono massacranti, per diventare soci bisogna lavorare almeno 10 ore al giorno.
Appena assunto avrà la possibilità di acquistare una casa enorme e una bellissima macchina ma si troverà anche a partecipare al funerale di un suo collega. Durante il romanzo capirà però che non è tutto oro ciò che luccica, anzi lo studio nasconde d
Tanner Kenin
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is about a young man just out of law school named Mitch. He was looking for a new firm to join, and got a job that he thighs was too good to be true. While working at the firm things seem to be out a place and he begins digging for more information. He feels like his colleagues are very snoopy and do not understand privacy. He then realizes that a lot of former employees were "accidentally" killed. I gave this book a4/5. The book never loses your attention, but it is annoying because a ...more
Goodreads Librari...: Merging of two Firms 2 14 Apr 12, 2017 04:01AM
The Firm -- the Book & the Movie 6 37 May 20, 2016 06:28PM
"Long before his name became synonymous with the modern legal thriller, he was working 60-70 hours a week at a small Southaven, Mississippi law practice, squeezing in time before going to the office and during courtroom recesses to work on his hobby—writing his first novel.

Born on February 8, 1955 in Jonesboro, Arkansas, to a construction worker and a homemaker, John Grisham as a child dreamed of
More about John Grisham...

“I thought they were honest.’ ‘They are, but they’re bankers, remember.” 3 likes
“You’re beautiful,” he said. “When was the last time I told you that you are beautiful?” “About two hours ago.” “Two hours! How thoughtless of me!” “Don’t let it happen again.” He” 2 likes