Start by marking “882 1/2 Amazing Answers to Your Questions About the Titanic” as Want to Read:
882 1/2 Amazing Answers to Your Questions About the Titanic

882 1/2 Amazing Answers to Your Questions About the Titanic

Reissued for Spring 2012 to coincide with the anniversary of the sinking of the TITANIC in April 1912.

Here is the one book with all of the answers to your questions about the TITANIC! This is the heart-stopping story about the legendary ship--from the building,
maiden voyage, and tragic sinking, to its high-tech discovery on the ocean floor. Special features include the mak
Published February 1st 1999 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 1998)

Sydney Elaine
Mar 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book is so incredibly informative. I really have nothing bad to say about it. It's easy to read and understand, so pretty much anyone can read it.
I wouldn't purely use this book for a paper, but definitely as an add on type thing.
Amanda
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have always found the disastrous sinking of the Titanic interesting. This was an interesting book filled with money facts about the Titanic. It details the journey of the Titanic from the building of the ship up to the night of the sinking. You have details about all the luxuries of the ship and what you could expect based on the class you were traveling in. There were lots of details about some of the passengers on the ship and their fate on the night of the sinking. It was interesting to rea ...more
Shirley (stampartiste)
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
I bought this book at the excellent Titanic Museum in Branson, MO. This book provided so much information on the making, sailing, and sinking of the Titanic, and later the search for and discovery of the wreck of the Titanic. It also provided personal stories of many of the passengers and crew who were on board the ill-fated maiden voyage. I loved the format in that it provided a lot of information in snippets, and the numerous illustrations and photos helped to bring this story to life. I highl ...more
Melissa I
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in the Titanic
Recommended to Melissa by: Discovered it on Amazon.com searching for other Titanic books
This just popped up on my feed as a recommendation so my rating is a five star for pretty much all books like this and/or about Titanic and my review is based on a quick reminder of it so there's not much to say except that it's cool book to have in the house (with the exception that this is discussing a tragedy, of course). Read about two years ago when I bought it for my daughter. She and I both have a fascination regarding the Titanic and I adore books like this. Trivia, photography, non-fict ...more
Duane
May 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you're looking for the perfect book to cover the entire topic of the Titanic, then this is the book for you. Filled with great photographs and exact information, this book covers it all. From the idea to create it, to the people who discovered it in 1986, this book has everything you'd be interested in. A great resource book!
Kaitlyn Smith
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
All Titanic lovers must read this! It was very straight forward and covered a lot of the questions I had. I recommend this book for ages 12+ because it talks about very sensitive and tragic facts and events that demand full respect. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it because it taught me more about the beautiful ship than I've ever known. 882 1/2 Amazing Answers to Your Questions About the Titanic is worth reading!
Brittany Perry
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book. I picked it up while visiting the titanic museum in Tennessee. It covers so many interesting facts and perspectives. the final 1/2 question was an interesting one, will I always be obsessed with titanic? kind of hard to deny or answer so I get why it was only a half question. Anyways a perfect vacation book or gift for a titanic fanatic.
Bob
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the first books I ever owned on the subject and one of my favorites because of the unusual format - 882 1/2 questions and answers that allows you to (re)discover the story of the Titanic in a different way.
Carson hall
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-books-ever
Great book about the Titanic. I really enjoyed this, the format made it a fun read. I have Autism and I know that anyone who has autism and is interested in all aspects of the Titanic would love this book.
Cole Smith
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
very imformational
Wendy Mills
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fascinating read for any lovers of the Titanic. Gives you in depth answers to all the questions one could ask about the Titanic, its crew, the passengers, etc.
Robyne (grl-1der-reader)
Interesting. Nice format. Great pictures. Beloved subject.
Jennifer Rayment
Apr 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Jake's Review: Seriously mom -- another one -- you know you have a problem right? Yes, I will give it a fair chance and pretend that my mom isn't weird. Ok this book is easy to read and there are lots of pictures to keep me turning the pages. This would be a really good book to learn the facts about the Titanic, and how and why it sank. I think it would be a good book for Teachers and Librarians and its not even boring. It's neat to see the pictures of what the ship looks like underwater now &am ...more
Abby Johnson
Jun 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blogged
The book's organized into simple questions and answers, starting with questions about the development and building of the ship, moving to questions about what was on board the ship and what the voyage would have been like, to questions about the sinking, and ending with questions about what happened afterward. The format is spectacular for gleaning trivia questions (which is one of the reasons I was reading it) and the book also has an index so you can find answers to particular questions.

Photos
K.M. Ellis
Dec 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I wish I could rate this more than 5 stars. I ordered this from a scholastic catalog back in the day and it quickly became my all time favorite book.
Bonni Sweet
Apr 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Considering I have read many books dealing with the sinking of the Titanic and the events of that fateful night, this book actually had some details that I had not already known. A lot of the information I had read in other books but I was surprised to find some information dealing with certain people and certain classes that I had not read before. It gave a little more detail about the children aboard and It was nice at the end of the book to find out what had happened to some of the survivors ...more
Heidi-Marie
Quite a bit of information, as you might guess. Some things I knew--either from before this year's Titanic "study" or from the study. Some things I did not know. Some things I knew were controversial (so I didn't like when they were listed as definite fact). Too much assumption that the reader had seen the then-recent movie "Titanic." I liked seeing all of the pictures. Only 90 pages, but it was chock-full of information and illustrations/photos. I really enjoyed this and it's a great choice (fo ...more
Tarissa
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! Just like the title says, this book is filled with amazing answers about the Titanic! I've enjoyed reading several non-fiction books on the Titanic lately and found this simple, childlike book to be equally informational. Almost any question you have about the Titanic is answered in this book. Adults & kids alike will take pleasure in reading through all the Q&A... all 882 1/2 of them.

And by the way---aren't you curious what the "half" (from 882 1/2) of an answer could
Tim Vandenberg
Mar 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very well organized. Easy to follow. Factually & quickly hits all the key points of interest regarding the most famous sunken ship in history. Once the Titanic crew spots the iceberg, this book becomes very difficult to put down, as this volume does an excellent job of delineating the facts in ways that many other Titanic books don't: rapid fire, factual, easy to follow, answering previously unconsidered but apparently important questions.

An excellent introduction to Titanic studies.
Lola
I am a Titanic nut. I went through a huge Titanic phrase in the fourth grade, and that is where this book came in. It really has everything you need to know about the Titanic, and I am a sucker for fact books. There are really 882 1/2 facts here, believe or not, and some are great to pull out at dinner parties. I'm just kidding. That's never worked for me. That's how I got labeled a nerd in elementary school. Recommended for kids looking to get into the Titanic. Super fun and enjoyable!
Susan
Feb 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
This neat book will answer every unique and intriguing question you may have concerning the Titantic. Everything you ever wanted to know is in this book and more. It's quite a treasure to have. I have read a million books on the tragedy of the Titantic and this book is great to use for a cross reference.

There are such interesting tidbits of information in this book you wouldn't even of. So I recommend you add it to your collection especially if you are a Titantic Buff!
Lynn Hubbard
Mar 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Bought this during my visit to Kissimmee. I did the Titanic Experience attraction and picked up this book in the store. I have read several books on Titanic and this one was recommended by the tour guide. It is a Q& A book and s cover many little know facts. We had a great time taking turns reading it on the way home. It made an eight hour drive more enjoyable!

Here is a link to my blog post: http://i.seekissimmee.com/2012/03/29/...
Jennifer Daniel
May 05, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Just basic facts about the Titanic, nothing new or shocking. I did enjoy the question & answer format and there were loads of wonderful photos. Such a sad, avoidable event. I know if I had been on the Titanic I would have been one of the poor Irish they locked down in 3rd class to die like rats. Rich white people are mean!
Jessica
Jan 24, 2008 rated it really liked it
This is the perfect book if, like me, you have one of those kids who gets obsessed with something and then asks you one million questions a day about it. If that something happens to be the Titanic, you must own this book so you can answer questions like "which was the only lifeboat to sink?" or "what did the people in first class eat for dinner?"
Sylvie
Jan 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a must for any Titanic collector out there. From the first idea to build the ship to the final years of the survivors, it has it all in short and simple Q&A format. Every little thing you might have wondered but never thought to ask. It was like a companion to every Titanic information source out there. I definitely recommend.
Kara Prem
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A book of questions and answers about the Titanic, starting with the building of the ship and ending in the late 20th century (listing the survivors who were still living - obviously this is outdated, but that's ok!). I bought this book for my son who is very interested in the Titanic, but I enjoyed reading it as well. I have even learned a few new things.
Nicolas W
Mar 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I own several books on the Titanic and this is still one of my favorites. I ordered this book through a scholastic catalog many years ago in elementary school and I still like to look through it from time to time. It's a really infomative read for someone that doesn't want to commit to a full on history book on the Titanic.
Gail
Nov 15, 2008 added it
Shelves: education
After seeing the Titanic exhibit a few years ago, i picked up this book in the museum gift shop. Filled with information covering all bases of Titanic lore, both true and false, it makes a fun and informational read. Additionally, I used this book as a supplementary text for my 5th grade science lesson on variables. (we created lifeboats and tested displacement) It was a hit.
Lconnors
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
This books tells you anything about the titanic if you like titanic you would like this book.
This book takes place in the future after the titanic sank. and i do not know where the book takes place.In the end of this book it talks about the survivors after the titanic sank.this book talks about the facts about the people on titanic and the ship itself.
Kim
Apr 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Bought this at the Titanic Museum in Branson for the library. I have some students that are fascinated by the Titanic and this has some interesting facts that they might not know. According to the folks working the gift shop, this book is required reading before you can work at the museum.
« previous 1 3 next »
Great Book 1 1 Jun 04, 2015 09:37AM

• Return to Titanic
  • 101 Things You Thought You Knew About the Titanic . . . but Didn't!
  • Polar: The Titanic Bear
  • The Titanic: End of a Dream
  • Down with the Old Canoe: A Cultural History of the Titanic Disaster
  • You Wouldn't Want To Sail On The Titanic!: One Voyage You'd Rather Not Make
  • Last Dinner On the Titanic: Menus and Recipes From the Great Liner
  • The Band That Played On: The Extraordinary Story of the 8 Musicians Who Went Down with the Titanic
  • Unsinkable: The Full Story Of The RMS Titanic
  • And the Band Played On: The Titanic Violinist & the Glovemaker: A True Story of Love, Loss & Betrayal
  • Lost Voices From the Titanic: The Definitive Oral History
  • Voyagers of the Titanic: Passengers, Sailors, Shipbuilders, Aristocrats, and the Worlds They Came From
Being able to create books about history is a dream job for me since I’ve always been enthralled by history. When I was growing up in Georgetown, Ontario, our house was just around the corner from the town library. And I haunted its children’s section—reading sometimes four or five books a week. Historical fiction titles by writers like Geoffrey Trease and Rosemary Sutcliffe were particular favour ...more