Start by marking “Ghosthunters #2: Ghosthunters and the Gruesome Invincible Lightning Ghost” as Want to Read:
Ghosthunters #2: Ghosthunters and the Gruesome Invincible Lightning Ghost

Ghosthunters #2: Ghosthunters and the Gruesome Invincible Lightning Ghost (Ghosthunters #2)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  701 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
Book 2 in the GHOSTHUNTERS series of frighteningly funny paperback originals by the phenomenal Cornelia Funke! After banishing the Incredibly Revolting Ghost of book 1, Tom, former klutz, Hugo, still an Averagely Spooky Ghost (ASG to the uninitiated), and Hetty Hyssop, current world-renowned ghosthunter, have formed an agency dedicated to dealing with difficult apparitions ...more
Published October 1st 2011 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Ghosthunters #2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghosthunters #2

Julia
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun read! I love the characters! Lots of laughs!
Mrs. Downs
FIC FUN

GR: T
Lexile: 790L

Follow along with Tom and Ms. Hyssop for another adventure. This time they meet a GILG. Hugo will be a big help in this ghost they have never found before. This group of friends must COOPERATE in order to defeat this ghost. They will also learn to APPRECIATE each other. They will work CONFIDENTLY as they INQUIRE and find answers on how to solve this problem. Fun to read!
Erica
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Scott Wright
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Goofy little story. It has unbelieveable characters, but a fun set of dialog. A good read for children. Not really scarry, just goofy.
Honya
I tend to grab up any books I can find with Cornelia Funke’s name on them. I’m glad I did this one, although Ghosthunters and the Gruesome Invincible Lightning Ghost! is noticeably different from what I usually expect of her books (Inkheart, The Thief Lord, and Reckless, for instance). Ghosthunters is lighter, an easier read–really more what you would expect from middle-grade serial novels. But for that genre, it’s a high quality example with an interesting plot, good characters, and quality wri ...more
Simon
Dec 10, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Well that was interesting. The book was most certainly written for the audiences of those who have yet to have devolved body parts and have voiced drop. But still, I remember seeing these books in scholastic magazine, back in the day when my family used to actually order from it. I had always wanted to read them but was "too young" for them.
None the less, these books are incredibly inventive and new, using old and done before ideas. Good piece of work.

In this particular story, I liked the idea o
Tristin
Jul 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like this book because it states why the boy is a Ghosthunter, also it states why he hunts ghost, for example: Hetty Hyssopos is the main ghosthunter and he has a team of ghost that help him fight them off. (page 1), another example: is that Hetty really has fun hunting ghost and loves to fight the bad one.(page 4)
My cousin Jaylin will like this book because it talks about how fun ghosthunting is, Also it talks about how it is active for young kids like myself and it takes you on an adventure.
Barbara
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
After reading Cornelia Funke’s first Ghosthunter’s book, we purchased the other three books in audiobook form from Audible.com. This book continues the adventures of eleven-year old Tom and Hetty Hyssop, with the addition of Hugo, an ASG (Averagely Spooky Ghost), to their team. Alvin Bigshot calls them to his seaside resort to deal with, what turns out to be, a Gruesome Invincible Lightning Ghost (GILG). Any seven to ten-year old Ghostbusters fan will appreciate their suspenseful escapades. As i ...more
Min
Sep 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funke's talent as a writer and illustrator bring this mad-cap adventure a sense of child-thrilling doom and delight with our brave and resourceful characters fighting ghosts of every shape and size using surprising methods.
The author, kindly, provides the reader with a guide at the end of each book regarding how to prepare and best combat any of the otherworldly creatures should they be encountered.
Always wear red and keep a mirror handy!
Elena Delos (EscribadeAvalon)
Al fin, no he podido pillarlos y leer en orden la saga de "Hugo" pero estoy feliz de haber encontrado en Filsa este tomo que no tenía (el tercero de mi colección). Me encanta como todo puede resultar muy infantil y gracioso y de pronto... tengo miedo!! estas seguro serán lecturas que les haré a mis futuros hijos! :)
  • The Dastardly Deed (The League of Beastly Dreadfuls, #2)
  • Nurk: The Strange, Surprising Adventures of a (Somewhat) Brave Shrew
  • Arachnid The Spider King (Beast Quest, #11)
  • Secrets Of Deltora
  • The Nine Pound Hammer (The Clockwork Dark, #1)
  • Lotta kann fast alles
  • Superman: The Man of Steel, Vol. 2
  • The Margrave (Relic Master, #4)
  • The Edgar Allan Poe Audio Collection
  • Gegensätze ziehen sich aus (Mütter-Mafia, #3)
  • Ich mach dich gesund, sagte der Bär
  • My Friends Call Me Monster (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #7)
  • Over My Dead Body (43 Old Cemetery Road, #2)
  • Durch das Land der Skipetaren
  • Okay, Andy!
  • The Many Faces of Van Helsing
  • The Book of Renfield: A Gospel of Dracula
  • Telling Tales
Cornelia Funke is a multiple award-winning German illustrator and storyteller, who writes fantasy for all ages of readers. Amongst her best known books is the Inkheart trilogy. Many of Cornelia's titles are published all over the world and translated into more than 30 languages. She has two children, two birds and a very old dog and lives in Los Angeles, California.
More about Cornelia Funke...

Ghosthunters (4 books)
  • Ghosthunters and the Incredibly Revolting Ghost (Ghosthunters, #1)
  • Ghosthunters and the Totally Moldy Baroness!
  • Ghosthunters and the Muddy Monster of Doom! (Ghosthunters, #4)