Start by marking “Scrum Guide” as Want to Read:
Scrum Guide

Scrum Guide

The Scrum Guide documents the Scrum framework and is maintained by Scrum’s creators, Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland.
Published February 2010 by scrum.org

To ask other readers questions about Scrum Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scrum Guide

Ahmed Rashwan
Sep 30, 2011 marked it as to-read
فعلا انا محتاج اقرا الكتاب ده
شكرا لاخى محمود ياسر اللى رشحه ليا
’’ سكرم هو عملية تكرارية و هو الإطار التدريجي لإدارة المشروع غالبا ما ينظر إليها في مجال تطوير البرمجيات، وهو نوع من هندسة البرمجيات‘‘
Vladimir Rybalko
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's a short but perfect guide. Nothing extra.
Adam Cogan
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a very important book for me and changed the direction of my software company www.ssw.com.au

Subsequently I ended up initiating some videos to be produced and they are played to each new hire who joins SSW. They are true to the book and were built with the requirement (should I say 'Acceptance Criteria') to use the *exact* words in the book

Here are some of the videos:
What is a 'Product Owner'? - Scrum Guide

What is a 'Scrum Master'? - Scrum Gui
Thomas Melnik
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: professional
I have read this Guide several times in the past few months (it’s only about 20 pages). Yet, I still feel completely unprepared for my Scrum Master certification exam.
It is a nice, high-level overview of the Scrum Framework. But, is it going to prepare me to be the Scrum Grand-Master at my scrum of scrums? Not really.
I find myself regularly consuming guidance from the Agile Alliance website (www.agilealliance.org). This helps supplement what I was able to glean from the Scrum Guide.
This Guide i
TruongSinh Tran-Nguyen
Short (less than 20 pages), easy to understand. It contains mostly values and principles, so that whenever you are in a middle of a situation, you can always deduce what to do based on those values and principles. Scrum is indeed easy to understand but difficult to master and properly practice.

Remember to read scrum.org blog posts for explanations for some of the updates compare to previous versions.
Evan Wondrasek
At 20-something pages, it's short and sweet, and is a good reminder that ultimately, scrum is a very minimal framework. I read the updated version as of July 2016. This is worth rereading every year as a refresher.
Reikan
Jul 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Not a very detailed guide. But it has everything when it comes to understanding scrum. Each and every line of the scrum guide is important if you are planning to attempt PSM exam. If you are planning to implement scrum in your project then this is the go to guide.
SheaTeng Actualli Tan
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good guide for those who want to know scrum in 10 minutes.
John Nduli
This is a short book detailing the work flow on scrum. It doesn't have a lot of examples or details (as expected from a 19 page book ), but still delivers the important details of a scrum workflow.
Jen
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
An important reminder with plenty of actionable, specific ways to best implement Agile in your own organization by the creators of Scrum.
Darlan Barbosa
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Objetivo e simples de entender.
Nandini Singhal
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best read to become a Certified Scrum Master.
Reza Keshmir
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the best way to enter SCRuM world
Rebeka
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely useful. This book is a good summary of SCRUM methodology.
Gary Boland
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: again
Worthwhile to review the original manifest every few years. Its commendably short
gbkMnkii
Aug 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
Easy to understand, it is much harder to apply and tailor the guidelines for your daily work.
Aziza Mohamed
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
great guide to learn the art of software analysis and design in breif.
Ankit Agrawal
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tons of information in just 17 pages, Bible of Scrum
David Marques
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fundamental book for a deep dive in Scrum framework
Eletta0925 Fouche
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good overview of the Scrum process.
JP Magalhaes
Sep 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Guia básico oficial e essencial do Scrum, apresentando-o como realmente, é um framework de processo ágil. Apresenta os conceitos mais essenciais de forma simples porém muitíssimo reduzida. Bom para utilizar como referência pois é sucinto, mas não traz casos de exemplos, nem mesmo descrição de várias práticas comumente adotadas juntamente com o scrum, como o dashboard, user stories, story points, dinâmicas para as reuniões, métricas e análise dos resultados. Nem mesmo para a prova de certificação ...more
Debraj
Jan 23, 2014 rated it did not like it
I downloaded this book and found not at all helpful for my work. This is just like a Summary. I am highly upset. It seems I wasted my time to download and read. I need a book with more details. Where all the concepts are well defined. Any one in this group please help me to select right book on SCRUM.

Leader Summaries
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Una buena guía, que puede leerse online, para entender los conceptos esenciales del Scrum. Se mantiene actualizada por los creadores de la metodología Scrum, Ken Schwaber y Jeff Sutherland. Muy recomendable para las personas interesadas en técnicas ágiles de desarrollo que quieran hacerse una idea rápida de estos temas.
Melvin
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you goal is to get the PSM 1 exam, read the Scrum Guide.
Then read it again.
And again.
Every sentence is relevant.

----
Nice no-bullshit guide on the main principles underlying SCRUM.
Not repetitive, clear, no excessivily detail.
Great if you are new to SCRUM and want to know what it is about.
It takes about 15 minutes to read, if you are diligent about it.
Mohammed
Mar 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
دليل مميز للتعرف على طريقة scrum في تطوير البرمجيات ومكوناتها والمصطلحات المستخدمة بها .. اتمنى ان اجد دورات تدريبة في وطننا العربي عنها ستفيد كل الأطراف كثير .. اتذكر ان هناك جمعية تسمى جمعية رجال الأعمال بالاسكندرية كانت تتبنى عقد مجموعة من الفاعليات المتعلقة بصناعة البرمجيات وقد تحدثوا عن طريقة لادارة المشاريع البرمجية .. أدعوهم للاستمرار في هذا الجهد الرائع لنشر المعرفة
Andrei
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: it
The essential scrum in 30 pages or so, written by the fathers of Scrum. This is a must read and reflect for any IT professional that works in a company that adopted and uses scrum. This is also the main foundation for anyone willing to take the PSM certtification.
Amr
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
A short and must read guide for Agile newcomers that puts you on the track and introduces the agile philosophy well.

I've read this edition, listened to the audio book, and read the Arabic translation as well which I liked too.
Rick
Nov 26, 2014 rated it liked it
This is a high level guide to the Scrum project management philosophy. I enjoyed the book and look forward to putting some of these techniques into practice, but I wonder if it translates to the real world the same way as described.
Mateusz
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Short summary about Scrum that you must have in your shelf :)
Ezequiel
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Una descripción clara y concisa de lo que es Scrum. Un buen resumen para repasar y ver qué cosas estamos haciendo bien y cuáles tenemos que mejorar.
Ágil Público: Retos 2 13 Mar 21, 2018 09:11AM
Ágil Público: Comentarios, preguntas y aportes sobre el libro 3 16 Mar 05, 2018 07:20PM
  • Scrum and XP from the Trenches
  • Succeeding with Agile: Software Development Using Scrum
  • Impact Mapping: Making a Big Impact with Software Products and Projects
  • The Agile Samurai: How Agile Masters Deliver Great Software
  • Coaching Agile Teams: A Companion for ScrumMasters, Agile Coaches, and Project Managers in Transition
  • Scaling Lean & Agile Development: Thinking and Organizational Tools for Large-Scale Scrum
  • Lean Software Development: An Agile Toolkit
  • Domain-Driven Design Quickly
  • Agile Principles, Patterns, and Practices in C#
  • Agile Software Development

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »