Start by marking “Billy the Kid and the Vampyres of Vegas (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #5.5)” as Want to Read:

Billy the Kid and the Vampyres of Vegas

(The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #5.5)

Years before Sophie and Josh Newman met Nicholas Flamel, two legendary warriors fought together for the first time. Billy the Kid and Scathach the Shadow.
Now that lost story can be told . . .

Billy the Kid is immortal. And being immortal means following unpredictable paths. With this exclusive eBook, Michael Scott offers readers a never-before-seen short story from the
Published November 22nd 2011 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Billy the Kid and the Vampyres of Vegas, please sign up.
Thorsten Evans Well obviously not because we see him in The Necromancer and The Warlock.
Keeley Mendez
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Billy the Kid and the Vampyres of Vegas (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #5.5)
Daniel
Nov 09, 2016 rated it liked it
A fun little story set before the main series, but the title is a bit misleading since the tale is centered around the Shadow. Still Billy is the high point here cause since he seems like the only one having some fun.
Christine
Sep 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"I told you not to touch it.

You told me not to open it, Billy corrected the Elder.

Quetzalcoatls black eyes fixed on Billy.

The American immortal shrugged.  Dont open, you said, not dont touch.

Do not touch, Quetzalcoatl snapped.

Billy grinned. Then how am I going to carry it?

----

"Youre my type of girl, the immortal said admiringly.

Scathach laughed. Oh, Billy. Im a ten-thousand-year-old vampire. I am most definitely not your type of girl.

Billys cheeks suddenly reddened. I was talking about
Odette Brethouwer
I finished this late last night, a bit past bedtime. I loved to be back in the world Michael Scott created! It made me remember how much I love Scathach. And, like good novella's do, t gave me more background about some characters in the series, and I love that!

I feel like rereading this series now! Mayby next year, let me first reread Harry Potter ;)
Skip
Feb 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, e-books
Better than most novella. The immortal Billy the Kid is asked to deliver a mysterious urn (actually Pandora's Box) to Scathach, the Warrior. An old friend and lover calls in a favor, asking Scathach to rescue him from vampyres and worse. Billy decides to tag along, out of chivalry and stubbornness despite the high probability of death. Turns out the ex-lover was trained to kill by Scathach and that both Scathach and her sister Aoife fell in love with him. In the end, a bond develops between ...more
Uyên Khôi
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh it turned out Billy the Kid and Scathach knew each other, and even had an adventure together. Quite fair I think this short story is even better than the main stories. Maybe because it's short, since I found the 5 books of this series sometime lengthy. And I also like Billy more, as he didn't seem to be a bad guy.
Clinton Harding
Jan 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Scott treats us to another side-story from his Flamel series of books. This time the short story concerns Bill the Kid, an immortal in the Flamel series, or it should concern Billy. I would say "... the Vampyres of Vegas" is a backstory on Billy but it isn't. His character acts the same as we're used him being in the series. He's an anti-hero, he works for the Dark Elders but readers get the sense that he has a moral compass and values that steer him his actions. At some point I expect him to ...more
Alyssa Nelson
Billy the Kid and the Vampyres of Vegas is a novella that fits in with the Secrets of the Immortal Nicolas Flamel series, but its separate from the main plot, so you dont need to read it to understand the series. It follows Scathach and Billy the Kid on a short adventure that takes them to Vegas where they battle with Vampyres.

Its a short read and fun, overall. I liked seeing more of these characters, and it helps create more of a context for a separate character whos mentioned in passing in the
Patrick
Billy was in the middle of fighting off vampyres while Scathach climbed up the side of the building. Billy's clothes got ripped to shreds because of the vampyres' long nails and sharp teeth. Scathach figured out that the whole thing was a trap once she smelled the Morrigan. The person she was rescuing ended up being the bad guy.

The author did this to add a plot twist and surprise readers.

I liked how he did this. It made it interesting to continue reading.
Cherie
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a great "short" story! I love Billy!
Joselyn  Raquel Moreno Burke
This one was so entertaining actually, since it gave a glimpse not only into Billy the kid life but on Scathach life as well, and the friendship they have is pretty cool actually and it was a good thing that they met in this particular time.

I liked the pace of the story and the fun Billy was having with all of this troubles that went down with Scathach and the peculiar shadow over her heart.
Jas
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a quick read but a fun side story or background story to the Nicholas Flamel series. I loved those books and read them long ago and recently came across this. Decided to give it a read and was surprised at how much I remembered of the main series.
Amanda
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love this series, one of my favorites.
Jenni
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the Nicholas Flammel series (the Alchemyst) so I knew I had to read this extra about Billy and the Shadow. If you're familiar with the series, this is a must-read companion.
Sammm
If you were disappointment with the previous short, The Death of Joan of Arc, do still give this one a try! I admit, without reading the blurb, I was completely misled to believe this story would mainly be about Billy the Kid, and if that was your impression as well, you might feel a little bit cheated. Billy the Kid does get decent screen time, but this story provided the backstory between a certain twin sisters that wasn't exactly detailed in the main series.

I was so happy because I had no
Daphne (Illumicrate)
I've always enjoyed novellas, especially those that give us more information on the characters we've come to know and love. This story focuses on how the two characters on opposing sides in present day, the immortal Billy the Kid and the incomparable Scathach, originally meet. Sent on an errand by his Elder master Queztalcoatl to deliver something to the Shadow, the Kid's curiosity and good manners gets the better of him as he ends up accompanying Scathach to Vegas after she receives a ...more
Jeff
Oct 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: flamel
An GREAT short story to go along with the amazing series "The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel" by Michael Scott. Focusing on two of the series' most popular characters, Scathach and Billy the Kid, this "lost" story is set only a few short years before the main storyline of the 6 book series takes place. Billy and Scathach, who in the main series act as though they have never met, team up to take down some bloodsucking vampyres! And what better place to have savage vampyres controlling ...more
PurplyCookie
Focusing on two of the series' most popular characters, Scathach and Billy the Kid, this "lost" story is set only a few short years before the main storyline "The Warlock (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #5)" of the book series takes place.

I adore Scathach in the series and it was interesting to see their first interaction with Billy the Kid. This story is packed with action and adventure as they battle the vampyres of Vegas.

It is a fun adventure that provides more details about the
Genny
Sep 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult, fiction
I love The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series and I love that Mr Scott has taken the time to provide us with these short stories that add more depth and history to our favorite characters. Of course I wish the story were longer, but this one takes one of our favorite characters, Scatty, and shows yet another side to her. And the bonus of getting more of the adorable Billy the Kid is just the cherry on top. The story is interesting, fast paced, and while it is set a few years before ...more
Rebecca
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
" So whats the plan? he asked.

I dont plan. Anyone in my way can either step aside or I will step over them.

Youre my type of girl, the immortal said admiringly.

Billys cheeks suddenly reddened. I was talking about planning. IIm not that big on planning myself, he stammered. I wasnt suggesting anything else.

Stop talking now, the Shadow commanded with a grin "

"Pressing the side of her face
Philip Cook
Feb 23, 2012 rated it liked it
I don't like the fact that Michael Scott decided to only release this (and the Joan of Ark story) as E-Versions when I prefer to have a hard copy of my books, but the story itself was very good. Unlike the Joan of Ark short story which was just a history of what happened in the past, this book connects to characters who will interact in the upcoming books so it was nice to see the back story of how they met.
Hannah
Apr 07, 2012 rated it liked it
I have a biased opinion as Billy the Kid is my least favorite immortal in the series (got a soft spot for Machiavelli), but this was alright. I preferred the Joan of Arc short story, but I hope Michael Scott will continue to write these stories as they "quench" my thirst while I wait for the next Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel book
Bryan
Apr 27, 2015 rated it liked it
I enjoyed reading the back story of Billy the Kid and Scathach. She is one of the best characters in the series. I have to admit that it has been years since I read the series so I don't remember the context of the relationship between Billy the Kid and Scathach. It is a fun quick story.
Deborah Settles Stoddard
Good read

I liked this one much better than Joan of Arc. Much better in context. Enjoyed learning the background of some of the characters.
Deb Stoddard
Jay
Jul 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
gotta love scathach!!
Ben Truong
Billy the Kid and the Vampyres of Vegas: A Lost Story from the Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel is a short story from The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series written by Michael Scott, which tells the story of how Billy the Kid a human immortal first meeting with Scathath. This short story takes place before the series, but should be read after The Sorceress after Billy the Kid officially appeared in the core series.

Billy the Kid, born Henry McCarty is an immortal servant of
Jennifer Leigh
Billy the Kid and the Vampyres of Vegas is a great short story set in the series universe. I love seeing old and new characters mesh together and getting to see a side of them we dont see in the series. I love that this short story takes place in the same universe of the series but takes place prior to the series so there are no spoilers. However, the ending is a bit rushed, but it plays well into the magic of the series. I look forward to seeing what this series has in store.

Read my full review
s.alnasri
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
Despite the fact that Scathach (who is one of my favourite characters btw) was a big voice and presence in the novella, alongside Billy who Im pretty neutral towards; it was unfortunately pretty boring for at least 16 out of the 19 minuscule chapters this novella had.

Nothing much happened in it that I didnt know or see before, and when I read it after reaching the end of book 5 it was pretty easy to figure out how it will go down from the first few chapters which made the journey to reach said
Ginny
Apr 16, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a good between-the-numbers story featuring one of the more recognizable minor characters. And Scathach shines with her wit and sarcasm. It really illustrates how she's managed to stay alive for millennia. However, Setanta isn't written well or mentioned anywhere else in the series. He's just kind of thrown in so it's difficult to care about him as a character. Will and I are still enjoying the series and look forward to starting the fourth book.
Max
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally got around to reading this short book (60 pages) that was hidden between books 5 and 6. I didn't even know it existed until last month. Billy the Kid and the Vampyres of Vegas explores Billy the Kid and The Shadow's path with an exciting story about betrayal and emotional loss. Although it is really short, it is exciting and has a nice plot. It isn't necessary to read this book in the order of the series.
Keith Beasley-Topliffe
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-sf
A nice bonus

This novella could be read on its own, but it is really intended as a bonus story for fans of the Flamel series. In The Warlock (#5) we hear that Scathach & Billy the Kid had great adventures together. This novella is the first one. It tells how they met, fought monsters together and separately (including a boss), and went on from there. And since that's a good stopping place, it stops. Plenty of action in a small package and insight for the (much) larger series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Silent Thaw (Warriors: The Broken Code, #2)
  • The Satanic Scriptures
  • The Lightning Tree
  • The Lord Collector (Raven's Shadow, #1.5)
  • Fire on All Sides
  • Poesía y Revolución
  • The Girl with the Dragon Heart (Tales from the Chocolate Heart, #2)
  • Lost Stars (Warriors: The Broken Code, #1)
  • Panther Prowling (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #17)
  • Darkness Raging (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #18)
  • Moon Shimmers (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon #19)
  • A Match Made in Mehendi
  • Harvest Song (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #20)
  • Blood Bonds (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #21)
  • Night Life (Vamps, #2)
  • The Lady of Crows (Raven's Shadow, #0.5)
  • Return of the Temujai (Brotherband Chronicles, #8)
  • After Dark (Vamps, #3)
Irish-born Michael Scott began writing over thirty years ago, and is one of Ireland's most successful and prolific authors, with over one hundred titles to his credit, spanning a
variety of genres, including Fantasy, Science Fiction and Folklore.

He writes for both adults and young adults and is published in thirty-seven countries, in over twenty languages.

Praised for his unparalleled contribution

The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel (6 books)
  • The Alchemyst (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #1)
  • The Magician (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #2)
  • The Sorceress (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #3)
  • The Necromancer  (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #4)
  • The Warlock (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #5)
  • The Enchantress (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #6)