Start by marking “Anger Management for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Anger Management for Dummies

Anger Management for Dummies

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  186 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
If your anger, or that of a loved one, is out of control and threatening your life and livelihood, you need the calm, clear, and understanding help you'll find in Anger Management For Dummies. This concise and practical guidebook shares specific anger management methods, skills, and exercises that will help you identify the sources of your anger and release yourself from t ...more
Published March 1st 2011 by For Dummies (first published December 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Anger Management for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anger Management for Dummies

Esteban del Mal
I want to smash this book so hard.
Nairi
May 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Handy for people with kids :)
Benjamin
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psychology
I started reading this years ago. I was really raging a lot back then, breaking things and generally be a terror in public. I remember I also read a Thich Nhat Hanh book about anger that talked about anger being a crying a baby inside you and you need to cradle that baby and help it settle. That didn't help me much. This book really did though. Each page seemed to have good tips and I wanted to really internalize them and use them in real life before going on to the next bit. I think this book h ...more
Amira
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help, psychology
As much as I'm glad that I finished reading this book and read every single word in it thoroughly , as much as I'll miss reading it every day.

This wasn't just a book, it was really a very rich experience for me, it was such a helpful coach.

This book helped me know deeply about the emotion of anger and what it is telling me about my lifestyle. It made me more aware of the sources of my anger, and helped be more mindful about my anger.

What makes this book very valuable, is that its writer is not
Almothana Alghunaim
This book gives you some different ways on dealing with anger, It handles anger management while focusing the light on what triggers anger, how to medically tame anger and going even deeper to focus on the psychological factors.

What I like even more about the book is the way it discusses the lifestyles of dealing with anger (Type A and Type B of a person's personality for example)

I learned some new areas of anger that I wasn't aware of.

Don't be shifted away by the title of the book (the "For Dum
John
Jun 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Before anyone asks, I don't consider myself an outwardly aggressive or angry person. My goal in starting this book is learning how to better vent and de-stress myself, and also how to manage and work with others through their angry "moments." In customer service, I think this will be a skill that will prove rewarding. I'll post more when I finish the book.

This book has some very helpful ideas on taking down my own anger levels and reducing my stress. Working in customer relations, I think it wil
Katie
Dec 06, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, mental-health
It has some good tips and some bad ones.

I stopped reading when it got to the part about how you should prevent your kids from playing video games, any video games because of all the "problems" that causes. Like causing them to "attack" people. OOookay. Well this book is written by a guy over 60 so I suppose it makes sense in the whole, old people don't understand video games stereotype.

Ironically it made me angry XD. I de-stress by playing video games. They've done more to help my anger issues
Cristian  Morales
Conflict resolution is one of the most interesting topics in Human Resources Administration. I read this book as an introduction to the subject and consider it a good practical guide. It goes over lots of situations where people could feel overwhelmed, and suggests we stop taking ourselves so seriously. It also reminds us that we have control over our feelings, and are the ones that let situations affect us.

I'll probably follow up with 'The Psychology of Social Conflict and Aggression'.

I recomm
Mark Braun
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book although I thought it was a difficult read. I think the author covered most of the bases. I think there were a few idiotic lesson assignments but this was overshadowed by the excellent review on where anger comes from. It is full of examples and it's clear the author is well versed on the subject and does a great organized presention.
attn Kindle readers, they could have done a better job formatting the lists he like to bring forth. All in all it was a good book, but a tough "ya
Fanny
This is a place holder book, I want to get credit for a book that I read on my year tally, however, the book I read was so bad, I don't want it on the list. And worse, I knew if would be bad, I knew it would be so bad it would make me angry. So, yeah, that's why I picked this book to hold the place.
  • Emotional Intelligence For Dummies
  • Overcoming Anxiety For Dummies (For Dummies Health & Fitness)
  • Negotiating For Dummies
  • Counselling Skills For Dummies® (For Dummies)
  • Bipolar Disorder for Dummies