Start by marking “The Djinn's Dilemma (Djinn World #1)” as Want to Read:
The Djinn's Dilemma (Djinn World #1)

The Djinn's Dilemma

(Djinn World #1)

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  119 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
Rukh O'Shay, half-djinn and assassin, is used to taking out the bad guys. But his latest assignment, Sarah White, is nothing like he expected. A glimpse of her bright aura reveals her gentle spirit, while her luscious beauty clouds his mind and makes him long for only one thing--to taste her.Sarah shares the feeling of raw desire at Rukh's touch. He can turn her on with a ...more
ebook
Published November 1st 2011 by Harlequin Nocturne Cravings

To ask other readers questions about The Djinn's Dilemma, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Djinn's Dilemma

Lady Raven RAVE!
http://www.romancenoveljunkies.com / for book lovers and readers.

BRIEF SUMMARY
Rukh is a half djinn half human assassin for hire. His current client requested that Sarah, a journalist in Texas, be assassinated. After tracking his assignment in the shadows, Rukh has come to realized that he is strongly attracted to Sarah, and he senses no evil within her. Now that the rules have changed, Rukh sets out to protect Sarah.

THOUGHTS

The Djinn's Dilemma took me by surprise. I think the glowing reviews th
Umaiya ✨Insignificant September✨
Well, this was time wasted. I don't particularly read Djinn books but mostly cause there aren't a lot out there but when I compare it to the one I have read, Oracle's Moon by Thea Harrison, well things just feel worse.

And yes, I have to compare and no, Thea being Thea does not factor in. I judge the work and this was so half-assed it's ridiculous.

Before you get on my ass saying it's a really short book and it's hard to flesh everything out, I'd like to hand out a Alexa Riley, I won't even be p
Ollie
Nov 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
I want start off by saying Rukh is one hot, sexy guy! Who wouldn't love a Djinn that is an assassin and by his description he sounds like he looks like Jason Momoa (I swear in one scene the author's description of Rukh was exactly as how Jason appeared at the premiere of Conan). Ok I will stop drooling, but I have to say that the author did a great job with the characters who jumped off the pages with their passion.

The concept of a Djinn assassin assigned to kill a beautiful, young woman had the
Laurie Garrison
I’ll take this hot assassin named Rukh trying to kill me any day;) Oh yeah, he was that hot. LOL. This is a new author to me and I really like her sexy writing style. Mina takes this novella and perfectly blends the right amount of spice, action and story. Then she leaves you wanting more.
I thank Mina does and awesome job at bring these two tuff characters together. It’s always neat to read about one sent to kill the other, but then something happens along the way to where that assassin ends up
Anju Gattani
Aug 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is the first paranormal / djinn book I've ever read... so it was interesting to see how the character(s) change their shape and form as the story flows. An interesting story with a fast-paced plot that makes you want to know how the story will finally end. Will Rukh O'Shay and his love find peace with each other or will revelation of the truth tear them apart.

Great writing, sizzling scenes and lots of chocolate in this read!
Buffy Armstrong
Nov 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun and sexy novella filled with magic, danger and a super hot hero. I loved the two main characters and it so refreshing to read a unique paranormal romance, one that didn't contain a vampire or werewolf. Loved it!
Elizabeth
Nov 03, 2011 rated it liked it
This paranormal romance tale has an exciting, quick-paced story line, and did I mention it's also hot as hell? The author has a good voice that is easy to follow and fun to read.
Rachel
Apr 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
TLDR Recap:

Rukh O’Shay is a half-djinn assassin who is used to being on his own. However, Sarah White tempts him like no one else ever has….problem is, she’s his latest assignment. But how can Rukh kill the woman who’s stolen his heart? And will he be able to save her before someone else finishes the job he was sent to do? The Djinn’s Dilemma is a GraveTells Recommended Read!

Thoughts:

The description of this book is what made me want to read The Djinn’s Dilemma in the first place. A guy who falls
Alisha
Nov 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of heads-up heroines and intense heros
Rating: 3.5
(review first posted at Book Lovers Inc)

What do you do when the one person who steals your heart is the person you’re meant to kill? That very intriguing premise sets up Mina Khan’s equally intriguing (and djinn-filled) paranormal romance novella.

The book gets right down to it, establishing a chemistry between the main characters immediately. It’s a pretty convincing chemistry, too, mostly of the “inexplicable attraction” sort but accessible and sweet. And yet, ”sweet” is not all ther
Carly Wallace
Apr 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Hea Y'all Anne here and this book was WOW!!! I started it after work one night and finished it that same night. I hooked me and pulled me in, a new and exciting story with a sexy and wistful byline. Rukh is described as amazingly tall and very well built and let me tell you i can see the tattoos that run all over his rippling muscles. Sarah a demur and quiet gal is his Mark!! But why should he end her when he could keep her, if lies don't destroy them. Sarah aka Jasmine has a wild side and she l ...more
Bella
Feb 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What a page turner! I started and never put down till the end!! Rukh is such a powerful and amazing guy. His meeting of Sarah and there connection is so amazing to read!! A must read for all Adults!! You will be sucked in from the start and the up and downs of this book makes it that much better. I can't wait for more!!
Faith Freewoman
May 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
USA Today interviewee Mina Khan is a wonderful writer, and her djinns are masculine, compelling and irresistibly sexy. Her books are unabashedly erotic, and steamy hot, but they're not the thin-to-nonexistent-plot-linking-tiresomely-detailed-sex-scenes that you so often find in erotic fiction. I enjoyed the characters, the story and ... well ... all the different kinds of action, too.
Joya Fields
Nov 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
The Djinn's Dilemma was a fast-paced read with strong, interesting characters. Mina Khan does a great job of pulling the reader into the story. Good luck putting this one down once you get started, because the twists and turns will keep you turning pages until you're finished.
Michelle
I enjoyed this, Rukh is a half-human/half-Djinn assasin - I must admit that sold me on the series. It's an interesting world and I will be continuing on with them :)
Alvin
Nov 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book, great description, tight plot, great main characters, suprising villian, hot sex, everything you could want in an erotic romantic suspense.
Divina
May 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
First book, I've read by this author. I really liked it and moving up another book of hers on my TBR.
Romance Novels in Color
The Djinn’s Dilemma was a fun and highly enjoyable read. The story is solid and sculpted to be a textbook classic ideal for the coming warm weather. The pace is fairly brisk, but there is ample time to fall in love with the characters. Basically, it’s a perfect length to get a spot of sun (can you say vitamin D?) but short enough to not get burned to a crisp before the end.

It’s not the very best novel I’ve read this year, but I would without hesitation read this again (okay, maybe a few times an
Christi Snow
Oct 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
My Review:
This is one hot little book. Rukh is a djinn assassin who's been hired to kill Sarah. There's a couple of problems with that. The first is that he can see auras and is used to his hits having pretty dark auras. They aren't nice guys which is why someone wants them dead. That's not the case with Sarah. Her aura is light and sparkly and definitely not the sign of someone that needs to die. The second problem is, Rukh feels incredible chemistry towards Sarah. He's attracted to her...reall
Romancing the Book
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Lori
Book provided by the author
Originally posted at Romancing the Book

I love love love paranormal romances. Lets be honest, I love all romances, but I really enjoyed this paranormal romance. If you’ve never heard of a Djinn, Thea Harrison’s elder series has a character who’s a Djinn. I looked up what a Djinn actually was because at first I thought it was a name that was made up. Actually, a Djinn is in Islamic mythology. They are mentioned in the Quran as well. The name Djinn means “
Jen Davis
Feb 17, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
This story started out really strong for me. I am pretty sure it had a lot to do with the hero. Rukh is a sexy half-djinn assassin who ends up falling for his mark. Sarah is nothing like the scum he is usually hired to kill. She is a good person with a bright aura. And he realizes that he must figure out why she has been targeted if he going to be able to save her life.

Ruhk is very, very sexy. He's also broody, with just the right amount of angst. I like that Sarah is willing and able t
Isabelle Morebooksthanlivros
It's a so so so good book! Paranormal Romance

Summary

Rukh O'Shay is an assassin, half-Djinn/half-human, that is used to his marks being really bad people. So, when he meets Sarah Jasmine White, his new mark, he is completely baffled.
Sarah White is a reporter for the Austin American-Herald that has been having nightmares lately. She always dream of being surrounded by fire and she is certain a malign force is haunting her.
Rukh and Sarah's meeting it is not by fate, but their explosive attraction
Jen
Jun 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-own
This short story was a refreshing change to a lot of the paranormal books out there. It was the first time that I have read a book about Djinn.
In this story the Djinn named Rukh, is a hired assasin and has been hired to target a reporter named Sarah. Unfortunatley for Rukh, he is immediately attracted to Sarah and the idea of killing her is not something that he is looking forward to.
The attraction between these two is explosive and once they meet the sparks fly.
I loved the relationship betwe
Sofia Grey
Nov 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
I proposed this novella as November Book of the Month (in the PNR NaUBA Group) after reading the opening chapters some months earlier.

I loved it. Loved the premise (Djinn assassin falling in love with his target), loved the snappy dialogue and the sassy heroine.

The next words rushed out of her. "And breakfast's on me."

"Normally I wouldn't protest," he said, leaning closer. "But in public, I'd prefer a plate."

Lurved the hero, Rukh. He's a mutt, a half-breed in Djinn terms.

"Where are you from?"

A
Nina
Aug 19, 2013 rated it liked it
#1 Rule: Never fall for the women you’re supposed to kill. However, assassin Rukh does exactly that.

I didn’t even have the slightest clue what a djinn was, but am glad Mina Khan brought djinns to my radar. I found them to be quite interesting to be honest. While reading, I thought the writing was good and I liked the plot of this story. However, due to the shortness of the story The Djinn’s Dilemma felt rather rushed and I couldn’t really connect with the characters, Rukh and Sarah. I thought th
Jessica
Oct 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a compelling read. I was drawn in by the mystery as well as the strength of the connection between the main characters. The chemistry between the hero and heroine was totally sexy and hot! The layering of paranormal elements on top of a human conflict was well written and believable. I liked the instant attraction but growth of feelings between the two - interspersed with lots of hot bedroom action - was superb. This novella grabbed my attention and kept me on my toes right to the end.
Katrina
Jul 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What's a djinn to do when he has a contract to fulfill and the contract happens to be on an innocent. He shouldn't care, just do his job, but there is more than meets the eye with this innocent.

Mina Khan draws the reader into the fantasy world of djinn's, twists it up with a political machine that makes Watergate look like a Sunday afternoon tea party, and a sizzling love story that would make an iceberg melt.

A delightful read, and I can't wait to see what's next in Ms. Khan's world.
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
Sarah has a little problem, but she doesn't know it...yet... That problem is assassin, Rukh O'Shay, he is half-djinn and he has been sent to kill her, but the soon discover that there is an electric chemistry between them and it's going to take a lot more than a hired killer with a will of steel to keep them apart - even if that killer is also the man who rocks her body to the core. HOT!
Jeanie Jackson
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, para-fan-uf
Mina Khan's writing it magnetic! Each word pulls me to the next! The Djinn's Dilemma is fast paced, intricately plotted and steamy; I loved it.

Ruhk is a half-human, half-djinn hired assassin. Until now his targets have all been the dregs of the earth but this time he has been hired to eliminate a woman who seems to be a decent person and something about her calls to his soul.
* Booksessed * Bec
Nov 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Book provided by author

This was a really enjoyable read. I've never read a book about djinns before so it was a new concept for me. The plot kept me interested and I liked the characters. I'd like to see it extended into a full novel though.
Sandra
Dec 13, 2013 marked it as to-read
Part of the 2013 Holiday Party in the Erotic Enchants Group!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Vampire's Consort
  • Halloween Fantasies
  • Marine With Benefits (Always a Marine, #16)
  • The Perfect Storm (The Blake Boys, #6)
  • This Glamorous Evil
  • They All Fall Down (Shadow Jumpers, #2)
  • The Rebel's Own
  • The Emperor's Treaty
  • Risking Eternity (Timeshifters #1)
  • Bitten by the Vampire (The Ancients, #1)
  • All You'll Ever Need
  • The Fever and The Fury (Mythica #6)
  • Destined Mate (Werewolf Mates, #1)
  • Intimate Moments
  • Because You Are Mine
  • Last Call
  • Betting the Billionaire
  • Hunter of the Heart
Mina Khan is a Texas-based writer and food enthusiast. She daydreams of hunky paranormal heroes, magic, mayhem and mischief and writes them down as stories. Between stories, she teaches culinary classes and writes for her local newspaper. Other than that, she's raising a family of two children, two cats, two dogs and a husband.

She grew up in Bangladesh on stories of djinns, ghosts and monsters. Th

Djinn World (5 books)
  • A Tale of Two Djinns
  • A Christmas Wish (A Djinn World Novella)
  • Alphas Unleashed
  • Dark Secrets: A Paranormal Noir Anthology

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
“You’re just a figment of my imagination. A fantasy?”
“Yes.” He didn’t dare move.
“Then why are you still wearing clothes?”
10 likes
“She jotted down the order, then forced herself to meet his gaze. "It's going to be a bit of a wait, we're short-staffed this morning." The following words rushed out of her. "And breakfast's on me."
"Normally, I wouldn't protest," he said, leaning closer. "But in public, I'd prefer a plate."
An image of Rukh, hair untied, licking whipped cream off her navel flashed through her mind, left her staring.”
6 likes