Start by marking “Women Writing Science Fiction As Men” as Want to Read:
Women Writing Science Fiction As Men

Women Writing Science Fiction As Men

They're not men. (But that won't stop them from writing SF like men.) That's the premise of this highly original collection of new short stories-written from the viewpoint of the opposite sex.
Published June 3rd 2003 by DAW

To ask other readers questions about Women Writing Science Fiction As Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Women Writing Science Fiction As Men

Start your review of Women Writing Science Fiction As Men
Nicole Bunge
Well, I was right, this is a LOT better (and more believable) than the converse volume (Men writing as Women.) Probably because the whole point of the paradigm is that Sci-fi is a 'man's world' - and "James Tiptree Jr." was a girl. ;P Since most women have to labor under those conditions anyway (male gaze, male audience) it probably wasn't that hard for most of them.
Mike Resnick is still a crappy editor- the spelling and grammar mistakes in this book are annoying. Also, letting your wife's
B.
Feb 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
Whooo boy. I was hoping that I'd get an interesting science fiction collection. Instead, reading this book was like being a fly on a wall in a shrink's office. The female writers did one of two things - either they created the stereotypical male, offering a caricature of ridiculousness, or they poured all of their own neuroses into the characters. Many of these female writers were clearly dealing with abandonment issues or just went through a nasty breakup, or some variation on the two, if the ...more
L.
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not too shabby, except a few of the authors seem to have misunderstood the premise.
Annii Frazer
Apr 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was a very interesting book. I really liked the concept, and some of the stories were really good. My favorite stories were:

Jesus Freaks by Jennifer Roberson.

These are the three that stick out, but really all of them were interesting and enjoyable. :)
Annii
Apr 07, 2011 rated it really liked it

Craig
Feb 04, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a somewhat uneven collection of stories featuring female writers writing from a male perspective, which isn't really too much of a stretch concept to build from when you think about it. The companion volume, obviously, is Men Writing Science Fiction As Women. My favorites in this book were from Janis Ian, Kay Kenyon, and Linda J. Dunn.
Aine
Nov 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy

Mara
Sep 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
An anthology with an interesting concept, marred by persistent spelling and grammar mistakes. Pieces contained varied greatly in terms of quality; what was good tended to be excellent, what was poor tended to be miserable.
Art
Sep 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
It had been awhile since I read some Science Fiction and I enjoyed reading this collection of short stories.
Becky
Jan 08, 2012
Elvina Hanson
Nov 20, 2011
Leah
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Silea
A. S.
Dec 16, 2011
Constructionv4
Dec 06, 2018
Michael "Mike" Diamond Resnick, better known by his published name Mike Resnick, was a popular and prolific American science fiction author. He is, according to Locus, the all-time leading award winner, living or dead, for short science fiction. He was the winner of five Hugos, a Nebula, and other major awards in the United States, France, Spain, Japan, Croatia and Poland. and has been ...more