Start by marking “Happy Birthday to Me Again (Birthday Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Happy Birthday to Me Again (Birthday Trilogy, #2)

Happy Birthday to Me Again

(Birthday Trilogy #2)

Cameron Martin has a huge problem: he's aging a whole year of his life with each passing day... again. And this time... he's going backward!

When Cameron proposes to his beloved witch of a girlfriend Liesel, he thinks life can't get any better. But when he reluctantly breaks off the engagement just days before the wedding, Liesel angrily unleashes another curse on the unluc
Published September 22nd 2011 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Happy Birthday to Me Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happy Birthday to Me Again

Jac (For Love and Books)
Dec 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
I really enjoyed the first book in this trilogy, and was looking forward to Happy Birthday to Me Again. Unfortunately, I feel a bit let down. It was a fun book, but I felt it lacked a lot compared to the original. It was fairly predictable, and the biggest surprise to me came within the final two paragraphs. (well, the final bombshell was not a surprise. But the paragraph before lefty me anything to read the third book.)

In this book, Liesel really annoyed me. She was selfish and annoying and lef
shady boots | #WatchPOSE
Jun 12, 2013 marked it as series-lost-interest
Umm... Is a sequel really necessary? I think Cameron learned his lesson in the first book.
Brenna
Sep 26, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: for-author
Originally posted to Esther's Ever After

I enjoyed the first book in Brian Rowe's Birthday Trilogy, Happy Birthday to Me, because it struck me as a fairly creative idea for a YA book, and I was pleased wit it as a well presented and fun book. I had high hopes for the sequel, but unfortunately I wasn't nearly as impresesd with this one as I was with the first book.

There are very few spoilers for the first book in this review, but if you'd like you can also stop by to read my review of Happy Birthd
Remarkable Reads
Oct 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
To read more reviews and extras visit my blog: http://remarkablereads-sandra.blogspo...

Everyone wishes they were younger at some point in their lives, but no one wants to be so young that they need to wear diapers.

Poor Cameron can't seem to catch a break, nearly a year ago he survived aging into an old man and nearly dieing. Since then life has been relatively normal and Cameron couldn't be more happy with his girlfreind/witch/fiance Liesel . Then things take a turn for the worst after the wedd
Novels On The Run
May 13, 2012 rated it liked it
MICHELLE'S REVIEW:

RATING: 3.5 LOL MOMENTS!!

When a nappy clad one year old opens up this book...again...intrigued!

Yes, Cameron has got himself in a pickle again and this time he has even less time to save his life. The only problem is, the one who could save his life has been kidnapped and he is getting shorter by the day and less hairier. This makes for reaching the foot pedals on his car and seeing over the steering wheel more difficult, not to mention the cops.

This is another humorous look int
Michelle  novelsontherun
RATING: 3.5 LOL MOMENTS!!

When a nappy clad one year old opens up this book...again...intrigued!

This is another humorous look into the life of Came
Becky
Dec 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
I was sent this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.
I read book 1 and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it, I then had to put this book by as I concentrated on NaNoWriMo and then Christmas took over and well, I got distracted, only just getting back to it.
Even though it had been a couple of months since reading the first one, I could remember who everyone was and a lot of what had happened. You could read this book on it's own, but it makes much more sense and is much more enjo
HebaH
Nov 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
After reading book one and feeling some relief for Cameron after he had aged to the point of death, he’s back with another dilemma – this time he’s getting younger. Right from the beginning, I knew it was going to be an enjoyable read. “Worst of all, my diaper was giving serious irritation on my butt cheeks.” Chapter One. This time around, Cameron’s not in the dark about how he got the way he is. He knows it’s his girlfriend, a witch, that has put this particular curse on him. He also knows that ...more
Scott-robert Shenkman
May 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
So as a quick recap to the book (even though the blurb and the other reviews do it, I just have to also): Cameron’s got the same problem again, except this time he’s going the other way, Liesel still has absolutely no control of her powers (she really needs a mentor here), Cameron’s parents still can’t cope with, well, anything, and Wes still has his camera…all the time. The good news for Cameron is that he’s getting younger – no dying of old age this time. The bad news is that he has a lot less ...more
Pam
Oct 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Cameron has done it again. He asked Liesel to marry him and she gladly says yes. His parents and friends are against it and try and talk him out of it. He is only 18 after all. Liesel is busy working and planning a wedding. Then Cameron makes the mistake of breaking off the engagement. Liesel gets furious and cast another curse on him. At first Cameron doesn't realize what the curse is. Then he realizes he is getting younger everyday . He goes on the hunt for Liesel only she has vanished. As he ...more
Mimi
Oct 29, 2011 rated it it was ok
Cameron Martin thought his luck had finally changed. He was going to marry his beloved girlfriend Liesel and hopefully live happily ever after. But when Cameron gets cold feet and tries to cancel the wedding, Liesel lashes out at him with another life-altering curse. Except this time, Cameron is aging backwards—one year every day. Even worse, Liesel has disappeared and Cameron can’t do anything but sit back, watch himself shrink into nothing and hope Liesel shows up in time to save him, again.

Th
Big Book Little Book
Having been sent both this story and its preceding chapter in the trilogy I read both of them in quick succession. These were definitely easy reads, the pace keeps up and the interesting idea keeps you intrigued about what will happen next. Having spent a few months growing one year older every day, due to a curse, Cameron has had a bumpy Senior year at High School. In this sequel he is now dating Liesel, the girl who cursed him, and is enjoying working for a year before he is due to head off to ...more
Sep 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Okay, I admit I was excited when I got a request to review this book. I enjoyed the first book so much that I jumped at the chance to read the second one. After reading the first book I was thinking about how this could be a trilogy. I was intrigued to see what direction this story would take in book 2. Let me say I was not disappointed. I loved reading this book.

First of all, I love the character Cameron. In the first book he lived through aging one year each day. He learned some valuable lesso
Jessica
Jan 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Poor Cameron! In the first book, he barely escapes death by aging a year for every week. After his girlfriend Liesel (who just happens to be a witch) saved Cameron at the last moment, the two made a spectacle at the high school graduation. This ended up on You-Tube and although Liesel and Cameron tell everyone it's a trick, there is someone out there who knows it's not.

Now Liesel and Cameron are engaged. Cameron's parents aren't thrilled with the idea but Cameron is sure that he is ready. He tak
Michelle
Jan 15, 2012 rated it liked it

Happy Birthday to Me, Again flowed a little bit faster than the first book did for me. Since I was already introduced to the main characters and knew what was going on, I was able to get right into the story. But it is not one of those series where you can just come in in the middle and be able to pick everything up. The concept is a little out there so I would recommend reading all of the books, and not just starting with this one.

The concept of the Birthday trilogy books is a little strange bu
Jamie
First of all, I loved this one as much as the first book. A lot of the time the sequel is good but doesn't live up to just how great the first book was. The author did a fantastic job in writing this sequel. The story flowed along at a nice pace and was just as good as the first. While there were similarities to the previous book this one took it to a whole new level. We get reacquainted with the characters we know but we also get to meet some new characters.

Cameron is back to his normal eighte
Joey Butcher
Dec 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Cameron Martin went through his worst nightmare and survived to tell the tale. At the end of his senior year he was cursed to age a year of his life with each passing day until he was surely a goner in the hospital on the day he was 85. But at the last minute Liesel, the girl he just so happen to be in love with and the girl that put the horrible curse on him in the first place, saved him. A few months later he is still his normal age, still with his family, and engaged to Liesel. What could go ...more
Kelly
Sep 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Once again, the characters are awesome. What I really love about the characters is that every character drips with personality, even the minor ones. Cameron's gay aunt and her wife, his grandfather, Wesley, Kimber, Hannah. . . . Every single one of them comes alive on the page, even if they only play small roles in the novel. I especially loved Cameron's grandfather at the Christmas Eve dinner--he cracked me up. For me, he was the perfect, cute little old guy who wanted people to shut up and sto ...more
Kayla
I've been looking forward to reading this sequel ever since I finished the first book, and Happy Birthday to Me Again was more than worth the wait! Cameron and Liesel are back and better than ever, this time facing an entirely new set of problems. Now that they've worked out most of the problems in their relationship, Cameron is ready to take the next big step forward. So is Liesel. Problem is, everyone else isn't exactly in agreement. Well, except for Kimber. Add in another curse-this time pure ...more
Aimee
Nov 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
This was a little hard to rate. I liked the first book but I wasn't so sure about this one when I realized everything was going in the opposite direction as last time. As in, Cameron is now aging backwards. I'm glad it is a trilogy and has a plan for the series. When I wasn't feeling to great about where the story was going, it actually made me feel better knowing that the series had a direction and in the next book, we should see something pretty great stuff.

Things seemed a little harder as Cam
Valentina
Oct 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
With the same dose of comedy and witty dialogues that the first book in the trilogy had, this sequel doesn’t disappoint.
I read the first book and enjoyed it tremendously, but I was a bit hesitant with this one since it didn’t seem like there was any room for a sequel. I’m so glad I was wrong. This book is just as entertaining as the first one, in a whole different way. We get to see Cameron, the protagonist, in a new light. A bit more mature, a bit more responsible, but still finding himself in
Donna
Oct 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful trilogy this is turning out to be. I can't wait for the next book! For a brief review ***spoilers*** in book one we meet Cameron Martin. A 17 year old spoiled, self centered individual. A spell is cast upon him by an angry witch. He ages one year each day. When he reaches senior citizenship, the spell is reversed. The ordeal has left him a better man. The saga continues in book 2. Cameron is now 18 years old, in love and engaged to be married. He begins to question his decision ...more
Sandra
Oct 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I hesitate to say Hannah was my favorite character in the second book because she was so evil, but I think she is. A lot of imagination went into her and I think it's her character that's going to drive the rest of this series.

Happy Birthday to Me was great, but I thought Happy Birthday to Me Again really took it up a notch, which is why I gave it five stars. We see more of the paranormal stuff in the second book and it ends on a cliffhanger/twist of events that really sets the reader up for th
Savannah (Books With Bite)
Jul 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the trilogy and I loved it. I like who the story only intensifies to something awesome.

What I enjoyed most about the book is the plot. Cameron is once again aging only this timebackwards. He is getting younger with each passing day. Cameron does a better job at not reacting freaked out but instead is helping the love of his life. Each chapter open ups more secrets about Liesel and who she really is. There were secrets that she is carrying that really surprised me.

Their
Star
Apr 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Cameron Martin is back! However, even though he's going to be marrying the love of his life soon, everything isn't hunky-dory. Things are tense at home and during a birthday celebration for his fiancee, he is struck again with a curse...but this time he's aging backward and has little time left. Then his fiancee is kidnapped and Cameron finds out she has more skeletons in her closet than he thought...

Will he be able to have the curse broken before it's too late?

Happy Birthday to Me Again is defi
Cassandra
Nov 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
I liked Happy Birthday To Me Again better than I like Happy Birthday To Me. It was not nearly as predictable and I found myself being shocked by the turn of events. I love Cameron and Liesel's relationship it is soo sweet that even though they have been dating for a short period of time they know they are meant for each other and I guess going through serious things as aging backward and forwards could help that cause. I hated Hannah the moment she was introduced. I have an issue with hot girls ...more
Rita
Jun 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Alright, at first I thought that the sequel will be almost the same as the first book in the trilogy. In the first one he's aging a year a day, in the second he's getting a year younger a day.

But somewhere in the middle of the book it got interesting. Cameron tried to deal with the situation all alone by himself and not to bother and/or worry his family and friends.

I especially liked Kimber's character in this one. She was pretty awesome throughout the novel. Of course she didn't always act as a
Adam Smith
Apr 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Cameron is in trouble again; a heated argument with his incredibly powerful witch of a fiancé has left him cursed with aging for a second time; this time backwards. With only a handful of days to reverse his situation, Cameron must find his missing fiancé, but things might not be as clear cut as it seems. Trouble is coming and this time Cameron might not be so lucky.

This book felt a lot shorter than the first one; the plot seems to race along toward the ending. Liesel's yandere-ish tendencies r
Rebecca McKinnon
Dec 12, 2011 rated it liked it
I have to say, this book was a little better than the first installment of this trilogy.

Cam, the main character, is a little more likeable in this one. Thank goodness! He's still an idiot, but at least he's an idiot who sometimes thinks of other people.

This time, instead of aging forward, he's aging backward. My first thought was "Couldn't the author come up with something different?" but then, as I read a bit more, it worked. The story was kind of predictable, but that didn't bother me.

If you l
Cassie
Jul 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
Cameron Martin spent the last book ageing a year per day after being cursed. This time round, he's now engaged to the witch that cursed him in the first place and is now ageing backwards. This is fine though as Cameron knows that his fiancee will be able to cure him ~ except she's now disappeared.

Not a bad book although I think I only read it because I read the first and don't like not finishing books, let alone trilogies.

Cameron however, gets right on my nerves. In fact, all of the characters

• The Queen Bee of Bridgeton (Dancing Dream, #1)
  • Free Space (Evagardian #2)
  • Healed by Fire (Artemis Lupine, #3)
  • Soul Quest (Soul Quest, #1)
  • Rally 'Round Green (Green #4)
  • Practice Cake (Life in Saltwater City, #1)
  • The Fate of the Muse (Marina's Tales, #3)
  • Reawakening (The Passage of Hellsfire, Book 3)
  • Princess Rose and the Crystal Castle
  • When the Stars Threw Down Their Spears
  • Impulse Control (Talent Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Life
  • The Divorce Club
  • War of the Witch (Legacies of Talimura, #1)
  • Indigo Blues
  • Destruction from Twins (Lor Mandela, #1)
  • Familiar
  • Unnatural Law (Darwin's Children, #2)
Brian Rowe is an author, teacher, book devotee, and film fanatic. He received his MFA in Creative Writing from the University of Nevada, Reno, and is represented by Kortney Price at the Corvisiero Agency.

Birthday Trilogy (3 books)
  • Happy Birthday to Me (Birthday Trilogy, #1)
  • Happy Birthday to You (Birthday Trilogy, #3)