Start by marking “I'll Be Your Everything” as Want to Read:
I'll Be Your Everything

I'll Be Your Everything

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  187 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Shari Nance is done with letting her incompetent boss steal her ideas and get the rewards. So while Corinne is in Australia, Shari decides to assume her identity, work a major ad account and prove who the real talent is. But when her main competition turns out to be Corinne's ruggedly sexy boyfriend, Shari thinks she's busted.
Published March 1st 2012 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about I'll Be Your Everything, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'll Be Your Everything

Felicia Latoya Brown
I picked up this book because I'm fascinated with the fact that J.J. Murray is a white man married to a black woman and he has chosen to write interracial romance for a career. His stuff never verges on the edge of erotica. There simple romantic stories with a hint of sensuality.

Now on to the book: For the first few chapters, I honestly did not like Shari. Why? Because she went on and on about what she didn't like about her job and other people then stated that she was the nicest person at her j
Vacirca Vaughn
Mar 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Stop playin'! JJ in the BK!

Being from NY, when I think of Brooklyn, I think of drama. And Brooklyn, NY hasn't seen drama like this! This isn't the type of drama that ends up on the eleven o'clock news, either. It's the type that ends up on a reality TV, on You Tube, or on your e-reader, while you struggle to keep reading well past your three-thirty A.M. bedtime.

And no, this drama ain't on "90210." This is drama straight from the 11210—
Downtown Brooklyn!

In I’ll Be Your Everything, JJ Murray de
Sassafrass
A review for The Romance Reviews.

Have you ever wanted to get revenge on a person who's made your life pretty miserable? What if you found a way to not only get revenge on that person but also a way to make yourself look great at the same time? Well, that's the premise of J.J. Murray's latest novel, I'LL BE YOUR EVERYTHING.

Shari Nance is a bit disgruntled. She's been an assistant to the worst boss ever for about five years and she has little to show for it. To top it all off, her boss, Corinne, s
SassafrasfromAmazon
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: interracial-bwwm
Have you ever stopped and actually thought about your innermost thoughts and musings in a particular situation or throughout the day? Have you ever been talking to someone, whether you disliked them, liked them or were ambivalent toward them, and the words that came out of your mouth were entirely diametric to what you were actually thinking? Yes? Well, then, meet Shari. The book is told through her eyes, her musings and her mouth. Shari is brilliant and has worked for an ad agency for five long ...more
Mo
Jun 07, 2012 rated it it was ok
This book wasn't bad but it wasn't good. It had the potential to be better but the writing style was a turn-off. I didn't like the way the author wrote the main character with the inner dialogue. It took away from a lot of the storyline in the beginning. The progression of the "love affair" was much too fast even with the book's length being longer. If anything I wish the author would have taken more time to develop that and let more time pass. I think as it stood only about 3 weeks time passed ...more
A Reader Named Leah
Oct 30, 2017 rated it liked it
I wanted to like this book more.
I didn't. it was just okay.

the main characters were assholes. they just were. they were intentional in their maliciousness to principal antagonist. I normally love when the protagonists to be a little vicious but it wasn't as fun this time.

the heroine and hero fell into a silly case of insta-love so me cheering for their relationship was done with that. I hate insta-love.

okay read. well written. gets ☆☆☆
Rachelle
Jun 26, 2013 rated it liked it
I'm on edge with this book, because the writing was so good. I loved Shari in the beginning. Her attitude was a little rotten but what I liked about her was how intelligent she was. I hated how she never stood up to Corinne for never giving her credit for the things that she's actually done. She had great intentions in mind when she went to Macon.
But when she met Tom her whole character changed in my eyes. I know that they had good intentions but they're action showed otherwise. Seemed like she
Denise Tuggle
May 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
_OMG! Where do I start. First part of the story takes place in my other home town Macon, GA and I did not know that the author was in town or I could have given him some more interesting historical sights to put in his book. I enjoyed the story line of how the characters met and it did start off rather steamy especially in the hotel room. I liked the playful banter between the characters and I especially liked the way she got even with her boss.

This book made me laugh and as with all of J.J. Mu
Natasha M
Apr 29, 2013 rated it liked it
I really wanted to give this book a higher rating because the writing is very good, much better than most of what I've read recently. JJ Murray has a great style and voice. Unfortunately, while the writing was great the storytelling was mediocre. The story was slow and severely lacking in heat and chemistry. It was very sweet in parts, had a great, original plot and some of the characters were vibrant. It seems that all the elements were there but the execution wasn't great. I had to force mysel ...more
Temple
Mar 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Having read all but one of J.J. Murray's books, I have my favs. Too Much of a Good Thing, I'm Your Girl, Something Real, Renee & Jay I & II. Love these!

What all Murray's books have in common: feisty women who know their own minds & know what they want--even if they don't always know how to go about getting it. And strong, sensual, semi-silent, men who are genius at allowing their women to think they're running things when they really are working in partnership with their men.

I'll Be
Jenny Charles
Jun 14, 2012 rated it liked it
I just finished this book last night. I enjoyed it but there were a few aspects of the book that I had some problems with. The story is well written but some of the storyline was a little far-fetched. I loved that they mentioned real buildings, parks and area in Brooklyn. You could tell the author either lives or lived in Brooklyn. I wouldn't suggesting buying this book but you should borrow from the library. It's not one of those books you would read over again.
Reading Deva
I didn't get into this book, it wasn't to the J.J.Murray that I like style.. I felt sorry for the person we were suppose to be hating and cheering for.. the hero and heroine of this story worked my last nerves.. to me they were more about revenge than anything.. and what they wanted revenge about was pure stupid to my idea.. I think Jj dropped the ball. I wont go into a lot of detail incase someone else is reading this
African Americans on the Move Book Club
The story began with such promise; Shari’s voice is the anthem for many competent and ambitious career oriented women. A boss like Corinne is alive in work places across the country, and a bit of payback is every under-appreciated worker’s dream. An enjoyable read, yet the storyline was highly predictable with no real surprises.

SANDRA FRANKLIN
AAMBC Reviewer
Anne
Apr 21, 2012 added it
I have enjoyed most of JJ Murray's books with the exception of the one that was a twist on Taming of the Shrew. I'll Be Your Everything reminded why I love his writing so much. This was a fun read and I really liked Tom. I don't understand the use of the word 'booty' so often in the story but I still liked the story.
Looking forward to his next ones in 2013.
Lizzie
I just finished this last night. After a string of lousy books, I'm glad I can count on J.J. Murray for a story that proves all is not lost in my Novel World. I good story, with intersting characters. I spent most of the book waiting for 'the other shoe to drop', that moment where the book turns on me. that moment never came. Well done, as always, well done.
DeLisa Lovett
May 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was a nice read about racially mixed couples and their lives. The intertwining of personal and business was a nice surprise and interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed the "evil" plot between Shari and Tom about getting revenge on their bosses and employers. This book is definitely a good read!
Alona
Feb 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Meh. It had a really promising plot in the beginning. But, towards the end it got a bit too syrupy sweet and over the top for my taste. J. J. Murray's "You Give Good Love" was a much better read. I still enjoyed it though.
KhaMaria
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
i love this book! :-)
Nicole
Dec 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Review Pending
Angela
Mar 20, 2012 rated it it was ok
It was a fast read but relationship part was a whirlwind. They talked for 5 years but a develoment of a relationship isn't there. Cute though.
Malika
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
Normally, I like J.J. Murray, but this character just irritated me. 100 pages in, I'd checked out.
Renee
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the book. I think that at times it had an over Usuage of words. But overall I thought it to be a good read
Koula
Mar 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
I started off slow, okay when or who are the main characters, so inpatient. I was not disappointed. I truly enjoy the story.
Kesha
Jan 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved the characters but the plot was very all over the place. Loved Tom and Shari's interaction with each other.
Tiffany
Dec 19, 2012
T.S.
Sep 09, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Strange Little Band: Two psychics. One mega-corp. All-around bad behavior.
  • Caught Up In The Rapture
  • Suite Seduction
  • Cutting To The Chase
  • The Claim (Italian Knights, #3)
  • Twist of Fate
  • Fallen (Dark God Saga, #1)
  • My Daddy is a Hero 3
  • Whimsy
  • Macy's Awakening
  • What the Earl Desires (Rakes and Rogues, #1)
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Everything In Between
  • The Fancy (The Fancy Series #1)
  • The Arrangement (Hot Latin Men #1)
  • Reye's Gold
  • No Commitment Required
  • Reconstructing Jada Channing
Multicultural romance and mystery novelist J. J. Murray writes multicultural novels in all genres. He grew up in New York (Huntington), New Jersey (Plainfield), Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh), Missouri (St. Louis), Indiana (West Lafayette and College Corners), and Ohio (Marietta), and has now lived more than half his life in southwest Virginia. After college (Marietta (OH))he settled in the Roanoke Val ...more
More about J.J. Murray

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
“Some people need full confirmation of their foolishness.” 0 likes