Start by marking “Psyren #02: Baby Universe” as Want to Read:
Psyren #02: Baby Universe

Psyren #02: Baby Universe (Psyren #2)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  624 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Reads R to L (Japanese Style). Baby Universe Physically drained after surviving his first trip to Psyren, Ageha's psionic powers begin to awaken Newly reunited with his formerly missing friendAmamiya, now Ageha must meet with a PSI mentor who holds key information about the terrifying rules of the Psyren game
Published January 3rd 2012 by VIZ Media LLC (first published January 1st 2008)

Mike
Jul 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
The first volume covered a lot of information on the premise of Psyren and its world. Much better to start reading there than jumping in with volume 2.

As Ageha and Hiryu recover from their first experience with Psyren Sakurako provides much needed context and introduces them to her teacher, who has some surprises in store about their situation and… new powers?!

This is a great follow up to volume 1's strong start. The mystique surrounding Psyren is properly intriguing and mysterious, with just en
Lucy Lu
Amazing. Can't wait to but volume 3.
Ea Solinas
Apr 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The characters have managed to get back from Psyren -- a devastated future Earth overrun by monsters -- but unfortunately their journey is far from over.

And "Psyren Volume 2" introduces new characters and new powers to this intriguing manga series, as well as more answers about what exactly is going on. Author Toshiaki Iwashiro manages to add some intriguing twists to the usual action manga tropes (power-ups, mysterious mentors who know everything about the power-ups, katanas), while also buildi
Jesse Zellmer
Feb 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: art-comics-manga
Listen I wanted to like Psyren, I really did. I was really taken in by its setting made more interesting by the mystery. But I’m starting to think that the shonen market is all about the vending machine effect, where what’s predictable sells. This made me a little sad because the author had a lot to say about books he reads and I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt that he has the taste to pull off a good story. Yet though either the pressure of his publisher or overabundance of characte ...more
Re:Me
Feb 19, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5
7olivia
Nov 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sakurako, Ageha and Hiryu have survived Psyren, but Ageha and Hiryu still have many unanswered questions. With the help of Matsuri-sensei, Ageha and Hiryu learn how to fight in the Psyren world. While Hiryu excels at using his psionic powers, Ageha struggles. I hardly no time at all, the three of them are transported back to the realm of Psyren along with other people who have stumbled across the read phone card. Most of the others are killed but Oboro Mochizuki, a famous actor survives.

I didn't
Monique
Aug 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Psyren volume 2 was quite a bit better than the first. More characters of interest show up and the concept is explained enough to satisfy me. The action is a bit more interesting, and the psionic powers area good touch.

Sakurako is still not my favourite. When she is not dull she's all over the place. It doesn't really feel like she has a personality of her own. Just whatever suits the story in the moment. Ageha is still boring and Hiryu isn't much better. Some of the other characters introduced
Dani - Perspective of a Writer
To me the introduction of Matsuri Yagumo, Amamiya's psi teacher and a concert pianist was so well done. In engendered a liking for the woman in me so that I anticipated meeting her before the meeting. Learning about Matsuri through Amamiya's back story (detailing her first uses of the card and getting to the level she is today) really was so clever to me.

I liked all the rules and how there is are set qualifications you have to meet in the game before you can return. And the idea of psi was reall
Lissibith
Mar 06, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, manga, horror
Deciding to go on in this series sort of half worked out for me. I find myself liking the characters more here in the second volume, but the story... ehhhhh.

This was like infodump: The Manga. We learn about psi powers, and how to use them. And then we see people trying to use them. Woo hoo.

I shouldn't be so facetious. It is kind of interesting, it just feels like they spend way more time on it than they need to, or else that it needed to be broken up with something that didn't feel so much like
Conner
Jan 24, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: manga
Not sure what happened here, there was a huge drop in quality between this and the first book in the series. I was excited to see this series doing new and innovative things but this second volume relied on tedious shounen tropes. In fact, it draws a bunch of similarities to Bleach, a much older and longer running series, but it's nowhere near as well executed and ends up feeling like it's trying to copy the success of that instead of blazing it's own trail. It also, like Bleach, subjects the re ...more
B.
May 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I actually thought that this was pretty good for a second volume. It works on developing the characters nicely, even showcasing their flaws, which is something that I feel that not a lot of the books I've been reading have really been doing. There wasn't a whole lot of action, which might be why so many disliked this volume. It focused more on advancing the plot and explaining things, which is really what I'm reading this series for anyway.
Michael Pillarella
Mar 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
5seifert_ethan
Oct 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great sequel to a great beginning this series is amazing I love every second of it. Psi power was a great addition to the story because it would be boring if they were only normal people then they would die very quickly.
-A
Mar 22, 2013 added it
Shelves: manga
The story gets better and better.

The addition of new characters seems to me a smart move but I hope the focus of the old ones won't be lost.
Jacob
Mar 31, 2013 rated it it was ok
Public library copy.
K.C. Rivers
Nov 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
I am really enjoying this series. It definitely has the potential to reach 5-stars in the future if it keeps this up.
Oni
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
About as good as the 1st volume. Not looking forward to the 3rd so much as I prefer the Psyren story when it is set in current Tokyo rather than the future.
Katherine
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Had to get the second and third right away
Kenneth Jr.
Mar 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
A good story to follow.
Daniel Sepúlveda
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excelente serie, se merece las 5 estrellas.
En este volumen se puede aprender un poco más de Psyren y el Psy.
Definitivamente voy a continuar esta serie!
Miss
Apr 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Okay I'm sold. I hope the cast stays this likeable/intriguing, it'd be nice to have a traditional shonen manga I'm actively into again. 3.5 stars
Christina
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love the work of Toshiaki Iwashiro. Beautifully captivating to the soul. I want more.
Mariana Duarte
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Like it
Jailene Rivera
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I honestly had trouble keeping up with the added characters but, I reread the pages and am all caught up now
Joleen
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
This was a giant let down, compared to the first volume
Josh
Jun 13, 2015
  • 聖譚曲 (One Piece, #29)
  • Alive: The Final Evolution, Volume 3
  • Star Wars: A New Hope Manga, Volume 1
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 17 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #17)
  • Inuyasha, Volume 06 (VIZBIG Edition)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 006 (Pluto, #6)

Psyren (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Psyren #01: Urban Legend
  • Psyren, Vol. 3
  • Psyren, Vol. 4
  • Psyren #05: Visions
  • Psyren #06: Flame
  • PSYREN-サイレン-7
  • PSYREN-サイレン-8
  • PSYREN-サイレン- 9
  • PSYREN-サイレン 10 (ジャンプコミックス)
  • PSYREN-サイレン- 11