Start by marking “Diary of a Witchcraft Shop” as Want to Read:
Diary of a Witchcraft Shop

Diary of a Witchcraft Shop

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  107 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
In 2005, fantasy and SF author extraordinaire Liz Williams took the plunge, moving from her beloved Brighton to Glastonbury to live with her partner, Trevor Jones. Trevor ran a witchcraft shop. Liz’s life would never be the same again…

Published 2011 by Newcon Press

To ask other readers questions about Diary of a Witchcraft Shop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diary of a Witchcraft Shop

Nesa Sivagnanam
Dec 19, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

“When you find yourself on a London platform shouting into your mobile, ‘We haven’t got enough demons! Do you want me to order some more?’ as folk quietly edge away from you – you know you’re running a witchcraft shop.”

Full of amusing anecdotes and witty observatio
Ancestral Gael
Why did I read it? It was the group read for the Heathens, Pagans and Witches group here at Goodreads.

What's it about?Essentially it is a diary of the lives of the owners of a witchcraft shop in Glastonbury, England: their day-to-day lives; and their encounters with personalities. Though in diary format, following a whole year, the entries are not all from the same year.

What did I like? I found this book very well written; not to heavy, not too light. The diary format made it easier for me to pi
Angie Lisle
Apr 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Interesting musings geared for pagans. The anecdotes and observations are recorded in the form of a journal kept by the owners of a witchcraft shop. While I enjoyed reading the insights, I kept waiting (and looking) for a plot thread to tie everything together and was disappointed when one didn't develop.

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for review.
April
Aug 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Actually reading this on the kindle app although good reads can't seem to find it. Honestly it is the best £1.49 I have spent in ages.
Funny and interesting it is also easy to dip into as it is written in diary format, by month.
Canterpoint
Fun read. A little slice of life running a witchcraft shop.
Diane Perazzo
Nov 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
This lovely book is a light, fun and entertaining read. Liz Williams is a druid priestess and science fiction author who runs a shop in Glastonbury with her husband Trevor Jones. The book is a seasonal account of one year in their life. Here is one entry that pretty much sums up the tone:

Priestess of Avalon
6:20: mysterious dark robed figure flits through old farmhouse, mindful that there is a contingent for a hand fasting arriving at 6:30.
6:21: dark robed figure catches sight of self in mirror.
Vivienne
Dec 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: memoir, witchcraft, pagan
I have been entertained by Liz's anecdotes about her life running a witchcraft shop in Glastonbury on Facebook and on learning that she and her partner had produced a book a few years ago I downloaded a copy.

It proved a short, entertaining read with a great deal of humour. It covers a year in the life of the authors, their various animal companions, as well as human friends and others. I just wish it had been longer.

I felt it provided a very down-to-earth perspective on the lives of two modern,
Linda
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Pretty fun look at the life of the owner of a witchcraft shop in Great Britain's witch central - Glastonbury. The author has a way with words, and her dry, British sense of humour frequently made me giggle out loud. I had hoped there would be a little more about the shop customers, like in Weird Things Customers Say In Bookshops, but overall I enjoyed spending this 'year in the life' with the author.
Ole Imsen
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor, non-fiction, magic
Great collection of anecdotes about paganism in England, life in Glastonbury, and everything you always wanted to ask about running a witchcraft shop but didn't asked because you were afraid you'd get cursed.
Recommended to everyone who has any interest in paganism and/or witchcraft, and those that just enjoy getting and interesting and often funny insight into a different side of life in the UK.
Lilly
Jan 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
I downloaded this primarily as I had looked for a book on witchcrat or druidry to try on my new Yule gift.
What a hoot! I found myself nodding & laughing along with various parts. (We have all come across our fair share of crazy making!)

The descriptions of the celebrations and different ways they are kept was inspiring too.

I will be recomending this book to my witch and druid friends, and also a few shop keepers!

My only question, what happened to the "Pan Drum" ;p
Persephone Hazard
This is a marvellously funny little book. I'm incapable of having an unbiased opinion on it as the authors are friends of mine and I've spent an amount of time in the witchcraft shop in question, but their voices come through beautifully and I laughed out loud on numerous occasions. I also learned a variety of interesting things that I did not previously know!
Anwen
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
The title caught my eye and I am glad it did. This is a great depiction of the normalcy of life, dressed with the odd bag of rose petals, demons and other objects off the beaten path. It is also a lovely depiction of the Glastonbury community.
Ben Lovegrove
May 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a very funny book and they are lovely people too.
Lyn
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laugh out loud funny.Be careful where you read this book,you get very odd looks when you start laughing on the train or bus!
Carol
Jul 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Lovely book, told tongue in cheek, lots of nice little tales, wryly told. I love the way they don't take themselves too seriously.
Sian Bradshaw
Aug 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
So funny. If you think that to run a magic sops you need to be ethereal - this book will bring you right back down to earth with a hilarous bump. It's a lovely story beautifully told.
Petra
Sep 13, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Heathens, Pagans ...: Dairy of a Witchcraft Shop 15 44 Jan 12, 2013 04:59PM
  • Handfasting and Wedding Rituals: Welcoming Hera's Blessing
  • Practical Elemental Magick: Working the Magick of Air Fire Water & Earth in the Western Esoteric Tradition
  • The Guises of the Morrigan - The Irish Goddess of Sex & Battle
  • The Temple of Hekate - Exploring the Goddess Hekate Through Ritual, Meditation and Divination
  • Druidcraft: The Magic Of Wicca & Druidry
  • Book of Pagan Prayer
  • The Witch Book: The Encyclopedia of Witchcraft, Wicca, and Neo-paganism
  • The Visions of Isobel Gowdie: Magic, Witchcraft and Dark Shamanism in Seventeenth-Century Scotland
  • An Ogham Wood
  • Cunningham's Magical Sampler: Collected Writings and Spells from the Renowned Wiccan Author
  • Kissing the Hag The Dark Goddess and the Unacceptable Nature of Women
  • Witch's Journal
  • Old Magic in Everyday Life
  • Witchcraft on a Shoestring: Practicing the Craft Without Breaking Your Budget
  • Pagan Prayer Beads: Magic and Meditation with Pagan Rosaries
  • John Dillinger Slept Here: A Crooks' Tour Of Crime And Corruption in St Paul, 1920-1936
  • Dillinger's Wild Ride: The Year That Made America's Public Enemy Number One