Start by marking “The Witch's Familiar” as Want to Read:
The Witch's Familiar

The Witch's Familiar

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  62 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
They say love comes in the most unexpected packages, and nothing could be truer for Brigid—a natural witch with a heart of gold and a heap of unfortunate luck.

After the deaths of her mother and Grandma Ana, she’d found herself—for the most part—alone. She had her cat and her best friend, Christian, the new age shop her grandmother had started and a coven of witches that da
Published (first published September 22nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Witch's Familiar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Witch's Familiar

Bonnie Ellis-Turnage
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read the whole thing and thought it was awesome! Waiting on the next one
qrbooks
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
If you've ever had fantasies of boinking your cat...

But don't be jealous you kooky dog people... this 71-page short story is not all that sexy or well-written. I found it hollow and severely lacking in atmosphere and sensuality.

PLUS... I pegged this author for straight or bi before I even read her bio. Ain't no lezzies in lesfic I know who drag their lead around with some cardboard dude for the first 30% of the story. Ack. I actually went back to the synopsis to ensure I'd actually picked up a f
Kristi
Oct 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Per usual, this author never disappoints! I love the imagery in all of Allison Cassatta's books. She always paints vivid pictures that draws me into the story where I almost feel like a part of the background. The scenes, sights smells and emotions become very real as it's possible for you to literally get lost in the book!

Brigid was running her metaphysical shop (left to her by her deceased family)...she doesn't have many people important to her. It tugged at my heart that she seemed so lonely,
Becky Condit
Jan 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
The story is about Brigid accepting whatever form in which love is offered to her and Mari having to make a decision whether to give up everything to save Brigid’s life. The ending is not what I expected, although it isn’t exactly a twist ending. I have enjoyed everything I’ve read by Ms Cassatta, and THE WITCH’S FAMILIAR did not disappoint. She writes character-driven romances that drive home the point that love happens between people, irrelevant of gender, age, or other physical factors. Recom ...more
Sherrie Henry
Oct 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alli-s-books
I will admit up front, I don't usually like F/F stories, but as I've loved all of the author's other works, I had to give this a try. To say I was impressed would be an understatement. She hooked me with the story right from the start. I could actually "see" the main character, Brigid, falling for a woman very easily, even when she hadn't considered herself a lesbian before this. Ms. Cassatta subtly weaves emotion throughout the story, ending with a climax that I didn't see coming. Very good sho ...more
Jenny needham
Feb 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a really good short story, with well rounded characters and a great story-line. I loved this book from the first page and with the love/hate relationship i formed with the characters. I found the story-line descriptive and in depth, with great flow throughout the book. The sex scenes were well written but not overly done, leaving the reader able to use a certain amount of imagination. I would recommend this book to lovers of erotic fiction, who love a little paranormal thrown in to the m ...more
Patricia Eddy
Sep 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A very sweet little love story sprinkled with magic. Mari is a shifter who spends her time as a cat. She's the witch's familiar and has loved her for years.

My only complaint with this story is that there should have been more! It could have been twice as long. More details, more tender moments. That said, it was pretty perfect as it was. I just really enjoyed the writing, the characters, and the story.
Dani
Sep 23, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
okay, seriously. You are amazing, you totally grabbed me by the heart and dragged me into this story. In only a short time span I love Mari and Brigid! I want more! As soon as Mari (in cat form) said the Christian needed to get his hands off her witch, I knew. I'm glad that they had a happy ending, but I am hoping for more, especially with some F/F. I'd love to see how they grow together and see Mari's growth with now being a full human.. and all those experiences that come with it.
Leann
Nov 07, 2011 rated it liked it
The Witch's Familiar by Allison Cassatta was an enlightening education into the inner workings of a same sex relationship. It also took me down a road filled with bumps bruises, and romantic interludes. I fell in love with both characters, and at the same time I also wanted to smack them both! :-)
All in all The Withc's Familiar was an exciting book, and I recommend it to any of my friends.
Sharon Perriello
Sep 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Finished reading this book and I enjoyed it very much. My heart ached at times for the characters but that made the ending so much sweeter.
Jessie Patterson
Warm, sexy, and touching. I enjoy everything Allison Cassatta writes and this short story didn't let me down one bit!
Erin
Apr 02, 2014 rated it liked it
neat premise, but way shorter than I thought it would be
Johanna Rae
Sep 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Beautifully descriptive. The attention to detail really brings alive each individual moment. It was refreshing to see a F/F romance, and I loved the perspective.
Sabrina
Mar 20, 2014
Deanne Kearns
Jun 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
I am a married, 33 year old, female, with no children. By trade I am a network engineer with far too many years under my belt. My first book was published in 2010 by Kerlak Publishing, followed by a short story in 2011 through Dreamspinner Press. I don't have any formal training, I simply write what I feel. I have a vivid imagination and love building dream worlds for my readers to escape to.

I re