Start by marking “Wanderlove (Wanderlove, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wanderlove (Wanderlove, #1)

Wanderlove (Wanderlove #1)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  1,640 Ratings  ·  110 Reviews
Lola Moori is hiding a secret she doesn't know she's keeping.
She begins to remember someone.
Someone important.
His name is Gabe. . .and whatever they shared, she could feel that it was epic.
Yet it seems Gabe wanted her to forget him. Forever.

The curse that repressed Lola’s memories for the span of several lifetimes is coming undone. But unfortunately, she discovers tha
Published September 2011

To ask other readers questions about Wanderlove, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wanderlove

Stephenie
Nov 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Stephenie by: Debbie (at) I Heart YA Books
Wow! Just not what I expected. I've never read of gypsies and I am so glad that I heard of this one! Thank you Debbie (at) I Heart YA Books for the lovely review. You were spot on!
Miranda Wheeler
Nov 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing

I'm writing this on 4-AM, last-page adrenline, but I'll try to form this into something more than the giant, screaming "OH MY GOD" that is flickering across the inner mind's eye like rolling credits. As I labor to harbor and control my internal, eternal fangirldom, I'm going to say straight up, this this book is nothing short of amazing. It's the kind of book one wants to have at the top of their shelf - in addition to the fact that this cover is absolutely beautiful, it will be armed and ready-
Stephanie
Oct 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Wow! I was blown away by what a awesome read Wanderlove was. I was so fascinated by the gypsy world Belle created that I started reading and before I knew it on was on the last page screaming, "No! It can't be over already!"
I loved that there were no vampires or werewolves, just reincarnated gypsies that have the gift of remembering their past lives. However, Lola is unlike any other gypsy, she doesn't have the ability to remember anything from her past lives. So when gypsy traditions force Lol
Megsly
Feb 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Original reviewed for fic-talk.com.

I’m one of those readers that tends to dive head first into Amazon’s “recommendations” list, and obsessively edit it based on what I own, and have read and have liked. Unfortunately, for Amazon, the recommendations list never seems to satisfy me. I find that many of the books it recommends to me are strictly based on similar cover art, or some bizarre love triangle, or some weird paranormal twist. I find that my tastes in books tends to just fit the mood I’m in
BookHookup
Mar 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Celeste’s review: *throws indie gem shaped confetti* a 4.5 star review!

We’ve read books about vampires, wolves, fairies, angels and witches…..but how about gypsies? Stunningly beautiful people who are reincarnated over and over again, have a love of traveling, and many times have a special magical talent. This book was so refreshing and so well done, with a way about it that entranced me and drew me in.

Debbie I Heart YA Books
Oct 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Wanderlove was a fantastic surprise. I tend to judge books by their covers (as I think we all do) so I thought this would be a cute, sweet read. Well, Wanderlove is one you don't judge by its cute cover. Belle Malory has definitely penned a mature, strong storyline. Like I said, Wanderlove is not to be judged by its sweet looking cover. Belle Malory has created an amazing story that kept my eyes glued to the pages with these gypsies living life over and over again. I also enjoyed all the charact ...more
Krista (CubicleBlindness Reviews)
When I started reading this book I was so excited to jump into something different. It begins with a very fast paced runaway scene, stealing cars, visions and gypsies. The first section of the book kept me really engaged. I liked meeting the characters and the different twist of adding gypsies and their powers and politics. The second section of the book, although still written very well I had a harder time getting through. It revolved heavily around the characters relationships with each other ...more
Crystal (Books Are Sanity!!!)
Jan 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
I had no preconceived ideas of this book. I downloaded it onto my kindle and started to read. For once, a book with no vampires! Thank you! I LOVED this book! Meet Lola, a gypsy who wants to escape her father, Christo, but can not accomplish that unless he is put in prison. She decides she has to do this and escapes from him and heads to Florida to live with her Grandma Miriam. Lola meets two cousins she didn't know she had and the very interesting Constantin family that lives next door.

Lola me
Vanessa Booke
Dec 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Wanderlove by Belle Mallory is a unique story about a gypsy girl named Lola. Lola isn't your ordinary gypsy, she can't remember any of her past lives which makes an interesting twist within the storyline. It also does a great job keeping up the mystery revolving around Lola and why she can't remember. I really loved Gabe as the love interest for her. He was perfect! I loved his brooding attitude and I felt immediately drawn into their relationship. This book is wonderful and it has a refreshing ...more
Remarkable Reads
Oct 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Read more book reviews and extras on my blog: http://remarkablereads-sandra.blogspo...

Lola has always dreamed of remembering her past lives but when her dream becomes a reality she'll wish she could forget.

As a gypsy Lola is used to constantly moving around its part of who she is, but when her father commits an unspeakable act she has no choice but to run from him and her troupe. Escaping to Florida to be with her grandmother seems like her only option and for once Lola is finally at peace until
Kristan (Lost Amongst the Shelves)
Oct 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
First off, a huge acknowledgement to Belle Malory and her debut novel, Wanderlove. Its a huge accomplishment and I was so excited to be a part of the reviewing process.

This book was amazing for quite a few reasons. The first one being that its not your typical read. The plot centers around gypsies, and personally, I've never read a book about gypsies, so its originality is superb. These modern gypsies have some traditional values, which is why the main character, Lola, runs away from her troupe
Holly
Nov 05, 2011 rated it liked it
Reviewed for In-Interest

Lola is meant to remember her past lives — all of them — only she can't. It's not until she flees from her controlling father and ends up meeting Gabe she finds out why; there just something about the boy that seems familiar. She's always wanted to know what her past lives are; not anymore as she learns that her memory may not just harm her but others too.

This book wasn't about vampires, ghosts or zombies which instantly gains points in my book. I cannot put a number on
Apr 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
First Read-through:

Here was a novel I took a chance on when I saw the price and the cover. A cover really makes the difference for me and yet ironically enough, I was taken by total surprise when I discovered the story within painted a different picture entirely.
Wanderlove is a perfectly crafted example of "what-to-do" for any fellow authors out there. This novel has it all, from mystery to magic, it is both gritty and gorgeous through its characters, settings and mythos. Not to mention a sexy a
Donna
Oct 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Gypsies, not vampires, are the paranormal characters in this original novel. Gypsies are reincarnated and have the ability to remember all their past lives. Sound good?

Lola and Gabe are two gypsies bound together through time and lives. Here's the catch. Lola cannot remember her past lives. A curse has been placed upon her by a powerful gypsy to make her forget her past.

This book is written in sections. The first section deals with Lola escaping her father and their 'unconventional' lifestyle.
Lisa
Jan 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
A great read if you enjoy the paranormal genre but are not so into vamps and weres. The story line was tight and inventive. At some points it was predictable, but that is to be expected with this being a YA book. I will definitely be waiting for the sequel, the cliff hanger was a good one and I can't wait to see where Ms. Malory takes the next book.

Now for the part I didn't like about my copy of Wanderlove that I bought through Amazon for my Fire Kindle, and it has nothing to do about the story
Ceilidh
This book wasn't for me. I was a little surprised since I saw so many good reviews here and on Amazon. I read a lot of YA fiction and after everything I felt that Wanderlove felt too Y for my tastes. Loved the idea of it, but it just didn't work for me.
Donica
Aug 03, 2012 rated it liked it
This book was just eh. It wasn't horrible, but also not good enough to make me want to read the next one.
Vicki Scullion
Mar 04, 2018 rated it liked it
An interesting YA paranormal novel. The characters are limited, sometimes taking actions we never really understand even as the story concludes. This one is an okay read.
FicTalk Blog
Apr 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed-in-2012
Reviewed by Meg (given 3.5 at Fic Talk)

Celeste
Jan 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
*throws indie gem shaped confetti* a 4.5 star review!

The beginning: In order to avoid being betrothed Lola Moori runs away from her father and clan that she has been
Kate Givans
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wanderlove was one of those books that I seemed to have a hard time getting into, mostly because it just wasn’t what I had wanted to read at the moment. It really had nothing to do with the book itself; I just wasn’t interested in the kind of story it promised to tell at the time. So, it sat on my Kindle for months. Finally, I sunk my teeth into it.

At first, I was horribly frustrated. The Kindle app on my phone wouldn’t read the formatting completely. Words in the margins were cut off. And I ke
Catie
Apr 23, 2012 rated it liked it
I don't know what it is about gypsies that just freaks me right out. Maybe it's because my grandma used to threaten to "sell me to the gypsies" when I misbehaved or maybe it's because in every movie ever made about gypsies some idiot messes with one and ends up with some horrible curse. I don't know, but whatever the reason, the whole idea just gives me the willies. So when I came across this self-published love story about gypsies I had my reservations. Luckily for me, the story wasn't all that ...more
April
Jun 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
It's difficult for me to write a review for Wanderlove. There were so many things I loved, yet at the same time I had no trouble putting the book down. It wasn't a book that pulled me in, locked me away, and made me fight to stay with the real world. However, it did have a lot of good things going on.

Fairly, I would give a solid 4 for the book overall. However, throughout the entire book I kept feeling as if something was missing/lacking so I feel a 3.5 is a little more accurate. I suppose that
Joyce
Apr 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
The biggest thing that caught my eye about this book was definitely the amazing cover. It drew me in. I know that you are not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but a great one never hurts in drawing the eye!
I loved that this book jumped right into the action, and you were just along for the ride. Most books warm you up to the plot while providing back story while this book jumps right in and keeps going and leaves you to figure out whats going on. I was completely drawn in to the gypsy worl
Kate’s Book Spot
Feb 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was an impulse buy, I was initially attracted by the pretty cover and when I read the intriguing details of the story I just had to buy it!

Car theft and Lola running away made the start to this book very exciting, it also raised the question of ‘why?’ and I was looking forward to finding out the answer. Despite this high-action start it took me a while to really feel involved with the storyline but once I did, I was hooked.

I have to admit that I didn’t expect this book to be so gritty – the
Kayla
Jan 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
SPOILER ALERT!!!
Imagine you were a gypsy and all of your people could remember all of their past lives, well except for you. This story is written in 3 parts, which I kind of appreciated. First part starts off with Lola and her best friend stealing a car from her dad's batch of stolen vehicles. Her father is a very controlling man and tried to sell her to a Madame to be a high priced prostitute. She runs away to her grandmas house but along the way gets hurt very badly and is saved by what she
Elle
Dec 23, 2014 rated it did not like it
La verdad es que me decepcionó por completo este libro. Esperaba algo más interesante, no sé, un poco de intriga y todo eso. Para las 300 y pico de páginas que tiene, no pasa NADA que valga la pena mencionar. Seguro, está interesante el tema de los gitanos y tal (nunca había leído al respecto) pero más allá de eso, no lo recomiendo, no vale la pena.

Lo cual es lamentable, porque la premisa de que los gitanos pueden recordar todas sus vidas pasadas, pueden recordar cosas de otros tiempos y demás,
Brittany Rehage
Jan 07, 2012 rated it liked it
I was looking for something a little different than my normal reads when I decided to pick this book up. I'm feeling a little mixed on it. I feel like parts were well-written and engaging, and other parts left me wanting more.

Part 2 of the book was my favorite section. I loved the way it was written and the story within it and I was left wishing there was more to that part of the story. I couldn't put the book down during that section and was sad to see it end. I could have read an entire novel
Grace
Aug 30, 2012 rated it liked it
really not what i expected from this book, i expected it to be about 1 girl who has this underlying feeling of love for one boy while falling in love for another...the most boring and typical type of book you can find these days..but this book wasn't about that all, in fact it was different, very different.
Lola is running away from home because of her father choices he made father, she ends up back to her grandmothers were she finds a man called Gabe of which she seems to have this pull towards
Ashley
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So Lola is a gypsy who is on the run. Unlike most of her troupe she has no memories of her past lives. When she leaves her troupe for her grandmothers house she meets Gabe. Gabe and Lola have shared many lives together but due to a curse on her mind she doesn't remember any of them while he does. When she starts to remember things it could mean big trouble for her. She is kidnapped and detained by the royalty of the gypsy's. The secret she hides in her mind could destroy not only her people but ...more
  • Gravity (The Eclipse, #1)
  • Dare (Greystone, #2)
  • Anomaly (The Tri-Realms Saga, #1)
  • Shinobi Life, Vol. 03
  • The Dark One (Roswell High, #9)
  • A Field Guide to Vampires: Annotated by Lucy Hamilton (Drake Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Verita (Verita, #1)
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 4 (Wild Ones, #4)
  • Tsubasa: Those with Wings, Omnibus 1
  • The Binding (The Velesi Trilogy, #1)
  • Brightest Kind of Darkness (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #1)
  • Scorched Skies (Fire Spirits, #2)
  • Mortal Obligation (Dark Betrayal Trilogy, #1)
  • Starcrossed: Perigee (Starcrossed, #1)
I don't consider myself a writer. I'm a storyteller. I live in Orlando, FL with my family. Keep up with me on social media. I love hearing from readers!

FB-> https://www.facebook.com/bellemaloryb...
Twitter-> https://twitter.com/BelleMalory
Sign up for my newsletter->http://eepurl.com/dfazWj
Visit me here-> http://www.bellemalory.blogspot.com
More about Belle Malory

Wanderlove (2 books)
  • Foretell (Wanderlove, #2)

Young Adult Deals

• Beneath the Shine
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Greensleeves
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Keeping You a Secret
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
  • Time Bomb
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Summer of Jordi Perez (And the Best Burger in Los Angeles)
    $16.99 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Some Fine Day
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
  • Uprooted
  • This Is Where It Ends
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Amid Stars and Darkness (The Xenith Trilogy #1)
  • Otherkin