Start by marking “Charlotte's Army” as Want to Read:
Charlotte's Army

Charlotte's Army (ISF-Allion Universe #2.5)

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  20 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
In a far future, a fleet of ships hurtles through space on its way to a distant war. Aboard the ships is an army of artificial human soldiers, highly trained and dangerous. Doctor Charlotte West, the neuro-technologist responsible for the soldiers’ artificial brains, travels in the support fleet. Two months before the arrival at the war site, the soldiers start fighting ea ...more
Published (first published September 21st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Charlotte's Army, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charlotte's Army

Marti
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this novelette! Seven thousand identical cloned super soldiers don’t stay identical very long. They live and learn—quickly. So what happens if a tiny error in their basic mind matrix causes them to all fall madly in love with the same girl? The plot is based on thought provoking questions about the ethics of “reprogramming” created minds, but the author manages to include hilarity, compassion, and swashbuckling heroism and adventure! Five stars!
S.B. Wright
Aug 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Charlotte's Army is a novella set in Patty Jansen’s ISF- Allion universe – a character driven group of stories with a solid hard science underpinning. Other works in the series are: Luminescence(novelette), His Name in Lights (novelette) and Shifting Reality (novel).

All the works can be read independently of one another and in any order - they occur at different times in the “world history” but together weave an interesting and expansive backdrop.

I have seen the works classified as Space Opera/
Tsana Dolichva
Oct 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Charlotte's Army is a novella by Patty Jansen set in the same universe as several of her other works but which stands alone. I've previously reviewed her novel Shifting Reality and short story "The Rebelliousness of Trassi Udang" from the same universe.

Since I first heard about it, I've found the premise of Charlotte's Army interesting: an army of artificial (clone-like) soldiers were all created with the same flaw. All of them are in love with Charlotte, one of the army's senior medical staff.
SL Thomson
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hmm...that was interesting

This book was mentioned in a FB group. Sounded unusual, so decided to check it out. It was a quick short read and took on the challenge of considering souls, learning intelligence and what was considered alive. Nice quick read. I liked it.
Darlene
Mar 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Yvensong, Ralph
Recommended to Darlene by: Patty Jansen
I downloaded this from Smashwords for free. I have read books by Patty Jansen that I really liked so I took a chance. This is probably a book guys who like sci-fi would like. I suppose the word Army in the title should have been a give-away. I don't like my sci-fi to involve politics or war. I did like that the main character didn't want to erase the memories of war from her patients. The mind control was an interesting if not controversial plot element. Sorry I couldn't be more into it. Maybe i ...more
Ukgardenfiend
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-books-read
In this novella we encounter an army of clone warriors. The ultimate warrior it would seem. And Charlotte has them all under her spell – and it would seem in her bed too...

Clones it would appear are emotionally linked as well looking alike. So copying cells and DNA must also have an effect on their minds.
Fun read with some interesting science sprinkled in.
Nicole Roberts
Nov 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a rather intense story for it being as short as it was. The story revolves around a scientist trying to do the right thing when her experiment on a type of super soldier goes wrong. I enjoyed the story and it was a nice quick read.
Anne
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: z2015-bir
I really, really liked this, despite the errors.
LadyCroft86
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-my-kindle
A very good sci-fi novella. It has quite a few editing errors but it didn't take away from the story too much. I really like Charlotte and the whole story was very good.
Louise BDGG
May 26, 2017
moonkat
Jun 30, 2017
Lesley Joy
rated it did not like it
Jan 31, 2018
Frank
Sep 06, 2017
Q&A with Patty Ja...: Charlotte's Army 6 14 Mar 29, 2012 02:57AM
Great Story 1 1 Oct 14, 2011 01:16PM
Author of Science Fiction and fantasy and non-fiction.

Author of the Ambassador series, the Icefire Trilogy, For Queen And Country series and the Return of the Aghyrians series.

Join the official newsletter
More about Patty Jansen

ISF-Allion Universe (3 books)
  • Shifting Reality (ISF-Allion Universe, #1)
  • Shifting Infinity (ISF-Allion Universe, #2)
  • Juno Rising (ISF-Allion Universe, #3)