Start by marking “God's Wisdom in Proverbs: Hearing God's Voice in Scripture” as Want to Read:
God's Wisdom in Proverbs: Hearing God's Voice in Scripture

God's Wisdom in Proverbs: Hearing God's Voice in Scripture

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  40 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
An excellent introduction and selective exposition of the book of Proverbs. Written in a such a way that the seasoned expositor, student, or laymen will be challenged, encouraged, and instructed in skillful living as God has revealed it.
Published September 15th 2011 by Kress Publications (first published September 1st 2011)

Peter Krol
Mar 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: commentaries
I desperately wanted to give this book 5 stars for its content, but its unhelpful, discouraging style prevented me from doing so.

CONTENT: Just amazing. Phillips's rich insights delight me on almost every page. His keen eye to the text of Proverbs is like a river of life. Especially noteworthy is his handling of the purpose of the Proverbs (Prov 1:1-7), the fear of the Lord, and the Gospel. Unfortunately, you have to wait until the Epilogue to get that last point (the Gospel), but, once you do, i
Mark
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I felt the author took one too many potshots at charismatics and I wish he would have dealt with Solomon's moral declension to a fuller extent, so I was going to give the book 4 stars. But after finishing it I felt it was worth 4.5 stars, and one always rounds up from .5, after all. Plus the conclusion is helpfully applicable and beautifully doxological.
Casey Lute
God's Wisdom in Proverbs is now the first resource I will turn to when studying or teaching the biblical book of Proverbs. A very helpful book for the student of Scripture. Read my full review here: http://caseylute.com/uncategorized/bo...
Josh
Oct 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: theology
Life-changing. And it's a theology & Christian living book that reads like a good novel.
Dave Westerveld
Jun 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Good solid book - A bit out of my league in terms of analysis of the Hebrew.
Micah Lugg
Sep 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: commentaries
With wit and clarity, Phillips shows the value of the book of Proverbs for Christians today. His commitment to the Bible's inerrancy and thus inherent relevance makes this work readily valuable the student of Proverbs.
Patrick
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Best book I've read period in a long time. Highest recommendations.
Joel Rockey
Mar 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a great introduction to the book of Proverbs. Definitely exceeded my expectations. Highly recommended.
Chris
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a superb introduction to Proverbs. One of the first books anyone should buy on Proverbs.
Piper
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this introduction to Proverbs. The chapter on child-training was very practical. I highly recommend this book.
Erica