Start by marking “Party Naked (Cocktales #1)” as Want to Read:
Party Naked (Cocktales #1)

Party Naked (Cocktales #1)

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  738 Ratings  ·  76 Reviews
Cocktales, Book One

Stephanie Harper is perfectly happy co-owning Books and Brew, where she slings drinks and entertains her friends with cutting wit and a cynical take on love. She’s convinced she has no time for anything deeper than sex, she has a business to run, after all. And her thrice-married mother has proven happy ever after doesn’t exist.

Jarod Nolan begs to differ

Published September 1st 2011 by Mari Carr

To ask other readers questions about Party Naked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Party Naked

Pam
4 stars
"I’m not looking to fall in love. Lust? Definitely. Sexual attraction? I’m in. Red-hot, set-the-sheets-on-fire fucking? Hell yeah. Forever? No way.”

What a fun read this was, Party Naked was exactly what I needed, something fun, sexy and HOT. On a side note, if Books and Brew actually existed, I’d be there all day every day…alcohol and books, sign me up ;)

Steph, has no time for love, she has a three-year commitment to Books and Brew, as a part owner along with her three girlfriends a
MountainKat
This a really sweet and pretty hot short little read! Some authors do better with shorter stories and Mari Carr is one who does! She manages to make you care for the characters and believe in the relationship without leaving you feeling that something is missing. In this story we meet Stephanie and Jarod. Stephanie has opened a bar/bookstore with three of her friends. They agreed to give it three years of their complete attention to make it a success, two years into this Steph meets Jarod when h ...more
Tabatha
Nov 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this one and didn't put it down until I was finished. Stephanie Harper joined forces after college with her three friends to open Books and Brew, a combination of a bookstore and a bar. First off... what a great idea! I would so love to go to a place like this!

For Stephanie the hard work is paying off with business, but taking a major toll on her social life. After one hell of an awful day, she gives into her frustration and double parks not realizing that she just who she park
Heather in FL
This was a sweet story. Not super-long, but good. I do enjoy a story where the woman is not fit, not fat, but completely comfortable in her skin. I thought how Stephanie and Jared met was unique and humorous. That he showed up later at her bar/store, not knowing she'd be there, was even better. And how he pursued her on his terms was great. While I understand why Stephanie felt as she did, I thought Jarod was pretty strong to have gone through what they went through just for the sake of proving ...more
⚜Trea⚜
Aug 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: challenges-2013
To me, Ellora's Cave books are hit or miss, falling on either one side of the "Too short/Just right" line. This one fell squarely on the Too Short side! One thing that we can count on from Ellora's Cave is hot and steamy romances, and this one is no exception, but at the end I was left wanting to know what happened to the couple! To me, there are too many unanswered questions about if the relationship survives or not. It ended abruptly for me, and I didn't care for that at all. Glad that I picke ...more
Vicki
Jan 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5
Jaime Williams
Sep 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Cute fast read
LC
Sep 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Didn't quite do it for me but not sure why. I usually love anything by Mari Carr. I think the heroine was a little too "romance hating" for me. Great chemistry between Stephanie and Jarod though.
Lisa
4" Loved Jarod " Stars!!What a sexy ,fun , spicy little read.. So good read it in a day. He closed his eyes and counted to twenty. When that failed to bring his cock under control, he headed to fifty. He was on sixty - two when Stephanie spoke " You OK?" He opened his eyes and looked at her. Shaking his head, he tried to smile. " If I try to take off my jeans, I`m going to come." She laughed a beautiful, trilling sound that resonated right to his heart of him. " This is not funny." " You`re righ ...more
Erin
It was alright.

I didn't really get on with the main character. She was just soo jaded. I get it, this was the whole point. But I found reading page after page of her stubborn 'love doesn't exist!' to just be annoying.

I like the idea of a Bar / Book shop, having thought of something like that myself. However... what kind of bar closes at 11pm????

Lost a star for that, cause dude... reality much??
Charliegirl1
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun Romance

This was a fun romance to read. The first in a series of related stories that can be read as standalones, it has a fun premise and likeable characters. Although there is some hot sex between the hero and heroine, it's not as erotic as some by this author.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
This review posted onGuilty Pleasures

The first book in Mari Carr’s new series- Cocktales- delivers all around. I didn't put the Kindle down until I was finished. I fell in love with the premise of the series immediately. Four girlfriends from college with different degrees decide to open a book store/bar rightly named Books and Brew. It has a coffee shop feel that looks more like a living room with plenty of couches and over-sized chairs to lounge around in and get comfy. Book clubs or the every
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Strong minded Heroines and devastatingly sexy Heroes always make for a great story. Add in a great plot line and sexual chemistry and you have Party Naked. This book will keep you page turning wanting more. So if you like to read about a HEA with a real story attached, something that you could see happening in to you in real life, than this is a story to check out.

Coming from a recent break-up leaves Jarod, our main male character, l
Romancing the Book
Mar 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, erotica
Reviewed By~Ive
Review Copy Provided By~publisher

Stephanie Harper has the best job, she co-owns a book store that sells liquor...how awesome is that! Jarod Nolan is a new detective and the last thing he thought he would be doing on his first day on the job is to be writing a double parking ticket. He had just been dumped by his girlfriend for being too nice and he decided that day to show someone anyone just how not nice he can be. He didn't realize this was going to lead him into the arms of th
AnnaBanana
Sep 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
I fell in love with erotica because of Mari Carr. My very first erotica book was Tequila Truth and I loved it! This book just proves that writing gets better and better the more you do it. I LOVED this book!!! It has moved right to the top of my favorites list. She has all of the elements you would expect in an erotica novella but it also has a great story with very believable characters and probably the best sex scenes I’ve ever read! That’s usually hard to do in such a short story, but once ag ...more
Melinda
Dec 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, allromance
Party Naked is honest in it's portrayal of sex from a sex positive perspective. Stephanie is a woman who likes sex and isn't ashamed of it. Jarod is attracted to Stephanie but is having a bad day because he got dumped by a woman he realized he needed to dump. No problem really just mad because he was dumped because he is too nice. Hilarious. Who dumps someone because they are too nice?

Anyway the rest of the story is really watching Stephanie deal with her issues around commitment while Jarod pat
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Sep 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Loved this book.. It was a funny, sexy read.. This is the first in a series that takes place in Books and Brew. Its about 4 college friends who decide to go into business together after they graduated. This book is about Stephanie who has a major in psychology but runs the bar part of Books and Brew. She doesn't believe in romance or love at first site or even relationships. She meets Jarod as he is giving her a ticket for double parking and blocking him in and immediately dislikes him. But this ...more
Lisa
Aug 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Well written role-reversal story where the hero is the one looking for love and the heroine is not. The characters are likable and believable. Story is believable and held my interest. I never rolled my eyes, or thought, "This is stupid". The love scenes were hot. At one point I did wonder if the position they were in was really possible, but that's not all that unusual with romance novels. Considering the romantic role-reversal, I was concerned that the author might go with the old standby of c ...more
Donna
Sep 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Short hot and surprisingly sweet story. Usually when you have a quick read like this it is either super sexy or sweet so when I found both in this story it made my day. Stephanie Harper is working hard to make her dreams come true. Despite her degree in psychology she is working as a bartender as part owner of Books and Brew. She doesn’t believe in love as she’s seen her mother try and fail repeatedly. When she gets a ticket from hot cop Jarod Nolan and he follows it up with a visit to Books and ...more
Nikki
I really enjoyed this book! The heroine, Stephanie, was a spitfire who knew what she did and didn't want in and out of bed. I liked how she was independent and also slightly vulnerable, even if she wouldn't admit it. The hero, Jarod, was a nice guy who was also hot and in charge. It's nice to see a hero who can be the dominant type and be a hot guy who is also genuinely a nice guy. The story moved quickly but never felt rushed. Aside from Stephanie not really wanting a relationship at first, the ...more
Barbara
Sep 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this one! Book 1 of the new Cocktales series is fast, funny, and just plain sexy. Stephanie Harper and her college girlfriends are co-owners of Books and Brew, where she is the bartender a.k.a., Screwdriver queen. :)

A quick double-parking incident, while on a liquor run, produces a chance meeting with Detective Jarod Nolan. But little does Stephanie realize that meeting is only the beginning of the most exciting (and smexy!) times to come.

Highly recommended. Another fun read from
Linda
Aug 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Stephanies having the worst day in a long time, everything that can go wrong, goes wrong. Double parking and getting a parking ticket is just the last straw.
Jarod never thought that being blocked in and writing a ticket would get him a new acquaintance, but meeting her for the second time the same day, end in a kiss no one saw coming. He had to stop her from blurbing his secret somehow, right? =)
A commitment-phobic bartender and a man whos not afraid to go after what he wants, gives you a great
Caro
Sep 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, own
This was another pretty good shorter read. I liked the characters and their personalities. This was definitely a colorful read and the dialog was great. I laughed, smiled, got a little hot and bothered, cheered on the hero, wanted to smack the heroine (just a little), and liked the ending. I loved the book club too, that was kinda fun. Loved those ladies. A great read for passing time, relaxing, cuddling-up or for a rainy day. Enjoy
Leigh Ann
Feb 13, 2014 rated it liked it
cute little quick read! i enjoyed the storyline, aswell as the sex scenes! i wanted to shake stephanie through out the book and wake her up to the hot, romantic relationship she was keeping herself from! This is a good read, I would lend it me my friends!

only thing i am alittle dissapointed in is that i purchased the book on sale for 1.99, i believe and the next few books in the series are all over 5.00. I will be waiting to purchase the next one i think.
Becky Lawson
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh, where to begin? After being burned MANY times in life by love, I can FULLY understand where Stephanie is coming from in her outlook on true love. It seems very elusive, if not a fantasy.

But I also understand Jarod's point of view on the subject. It just takes the right one to show you it's possible.

Overall, I liked this book VERY much. I would recommend it to anyone who likes a bit of sap with their smut!
Michelle
Aug 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: a-favorite
Wow, I was so surprised by the emotions that I felt reading this story. Maybe I related to Stephanie or Maybe it was Jarod's patience/persistence or I'm PMSing but whichever way you slice it... It was a great story. Plenty of heat to go with the humor and pulling of the heart strings. Can't wait to read about the other friends and how it all works out in the end. Looking for an easy read that will keep your interest then please read on...
Cheryl
Mar 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was slow to start, but once it did, the dialogue was witty, the sex was hot, and the chemistry was real. They're so cute! :) I laughed at their banter, and these characters were so fun to go on the romantic journey with. I love that this story acknowledges the stereotypes of the romance genre while also being a part of the romance genre; that makes my heart happy. The use of 'party naked' was so clever ;)
Angel **Book Junkie**
This was a hot, sweet, sexy, short story! I think the reason I did not enjoy it as much as most of Mari Carr's story is the whole... I am the way I am because of my mother, father, or childhood gets really old. Just because your mother acted a certain way does not mean it should effect you in the future. I know that is a little shallow but, I feel like every book I have read lately has that as part of the plot. I really did like the second book and I will read the next book in the series.
Helen Williams
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Party Naked

Stephanie doesn't believe in love based on her mother's relationships.

So when she meets Jarod and starts what she considers a fling she's not prepared when Jarod tells her he wants more.

She finally begins to examine her feelings and decides she wants to give the relationship a chance.
Bonnie
Sep 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, sexy, novella
I'm more apt to buy a full-sized book instead of a novella, as is Party Naked. However, I like the way Mari Carr writes, and since this was a freebie, I decided to give it a try. It might be short, but characters are well developed, you feel like you know them, and they are perfect for each other. A really good romance with its share of hot loving.
  • Impact (Buckin' Bull Riders, #1)
  • Harker's Journey (Dalakis Passion, #1)
  • Tripped Up (SEALs On Fire, #8)
  • Broken Lies (Broken, #2)
  • Razor's Edge (Men in Blue, #2)
  • Suck and Blow (Party Games, #1)
  • Sam's Promise (Blackwater, #1)
  • Just One (Dangerously Dimpled, #1.5)
  • Time to Pretend (Awakenings, #4)
  • Risking Eternity (Heavenly Lovers, #1)
  • Tied & Twisted (Taken in Bondage, #1)
  • Managing Macy (Tall, Dark and Dominant #1)
  • Text Me (Text Me, #1)
  • Burned (Purgatory Club, #4)
  • Until The Dawn (Nemesis, #1)
  • Heated Match (Coded for Love, #1)
  • Captive at Christmas (Captive Hearts, #1)
  • Take Your Pleasure
Writing a book was number one on Mari Carr’s bucket list and on her thirty-fourth birthday, she set out to see that goal achieved. Five years later, her computer is jammed full of stories — novels, novellas, short stories and dead-ends and six of her books have been published.

High school librarian by day and mother of two busy teenagers, Mari Carr found time for writing by squeezing it into the ho
More about Mari Carr...

Cocktales (4 books)
  • Screwdriver (Cocktales, #2)
  • Bachelor's Bait (Cocktales, #3)
  • Screaming O (Cocktales, #4)