Start by marking “The Gift” as Want to Read:
The Gift

The Gift

Margaret visits a train station to reminisce about the past, but she is about to learn that another hand from the past has shaped her present.
ebook, Smashwords Edition, 13 pages
Published September 21st 2011 by Smashwords, Inc

To ask other readers questions about The Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gift

Kathy Davie
Oct 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Excellent short story about love, both lost and found.

The Story
In the sunset of her years, a woman discovers she has had no secrets from her husband nor from her first love.

The Characters
There are only three absolutely lovely characters in this story—Margaret, Andy, and Henry—with one being much more ephemeral than the other two.

My Take
I didn't even make it to the end of page two before I was crying! This is such a romantic story of friendship and devotion as we eavesdrop on the memories of this
Chris
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully written!

This story did not end quite the way I had expected. Very poignant and beautifully crafted. Doc is an excellent writer and I've enjoyed every story of his that I have read.
Keith Madsen
Jan 07, 2012 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the characters in this little romantic short story, and found them very believable. It actually reminded me of an episode of the old sitcom MAD ABOUT YOU, where Paul and Jamie find some old letters in the bathroom of their apartment, and they turn out to be romantic letters between a young woman who lived in the apartment, and her boyfriend away at war. As it turns out the boyfriend dies and she marries someone else -- but never really forgets the one lost to war. As a pastor, I also r ...more
Doc
Sep 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: favorites, wrote
My Parsec Award nominated short story is now available as an e-book. It is a story of a woman reconnecting to her past and discovering new secrets, and new happiness. I hope you'll give it a look.
RONA
is currently reading it
Feb 17, 2016
Creative Reviews: Spec Fic Short Story needs reviews 3 5 Jan 03, 2012 02:19PM
Author Talk Book ...: New Short Story available 8 17 Oct 28, 2011 09:04PM
Doc Coleman needs to update his bio. It doesn't look like he has touched it in a couple of years. I know this, because I am Doc, and I just looked at this bio and said, "Man, I need to update this thing."

Doc is really proud of his book The Perils of Prague. It has gotten really good reviews. You should take a look.

He also is in a new anthology coming out Summer 2019 called Paradise Found: Tales fr