Start by marking “Sex and Love” as Want to Read:
Sex and Love

Sex and Love

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  23 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Who doesn't hunger for more sex and love? In I.J. Miller's stories everyone does ... A married man who is a king in cybersex chat rooms, a woman torn between her boring fiance and a hot anonymous affair, a professor fighting off seduction by a biker chick, a lonely man held hostage by a lascivious ex-lover, a housewife infatuated with her daughter's tennis pro, a straight ...more
Nook, 0 pages
Published June 21st 2011 by Fanny Press (first published June 20th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Sex and Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sex and Love

Nathan Burgoine
Sep 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: anthologies
I loved this collection.

I reviewed this for Erotica Revealed - it'll be up in the October Reviews. The site is here: http://www.eroticarevealed.com/

I’m going to let the cat out of the bag right off and say that, with Sex and Love, I.J. Miller has written some of the best literary erotica I’ve yet to come across.

For me, character and narrative are king (and queen) of my enjoyment of a short story. In Miller’s collection, almost every story has a captivating character (or two) and a narrative that
Kelly
Feb 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My initial impression is that these short stories remind me a little bit of Joan Didion, as though these are the stories she would have written if she were a man, lost and a little forlorn at the apex of middle age, and wrote about sex instead of shopping malls or migraines or political campaigns. Instead of her classic neurosis, there is a wry humor, slightly self-deprecating, that is just as endearing to me.

These are not bad first impressions to have.

Update: the proper review

I’ll start with t
Marsha
Oct 13, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Okay, first I have to reveal that I won this book through First Reads. I entered the contest on a whim. I usually only sign up for books in the genre that I typically read. But, I decided to start signing up for things that piqued my interest, but were not the type of thing that I normally read. Thus - Sex and Love.

I have never read anything quite like this book. A few other novels with fairly graphic erotic scenes in them, but nothing that was written with that as the main topic. I was a littl
Melana
Sep 23, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I won a copy of Love and Sex through First Reads. I enjoy short stories and entered the giveaway based on the description of the book.

I found some of the stories to be interesting and some not so much so. The characters are average people in everyday situations, the stories fairly simple and the erotic scenes are just right. (No hooking up of the living and undead, human and shape shifters in the Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Romance that so many of my friends are reading.)

It was a fairly quick read
Diane
Won this via firstreads. Description sounded interesting but unfortunately most of the book didn't interest ME that much. Guess its just not my kind of genre. Now i know.. I found a few of the stories & characters were well constructed & even surprisingly funny at times. I also appreciated the psychology the writer exhibited behind many of the characters. It's for this reason that I gave the book 3 stars.
Jessica
Dec 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has a bunch of great open minded short stories!!
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
✳✳ Copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.
Global Donnica
Jan 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: donni-meow
Each section becomes more alluring than the previous one.... saucy...sexy... and just plain tantilizing.. this is the one
Joanne
Sep 21, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed these short story's of Sex and Love. Different people from all walks of life and how they live, love and encounter sex partners.
Trish
Oct 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: won
These short stories are great. Funny, sexy, risque. Easy to read a story in one sitting. This is the first book I have won and I had a great time reading it. Thanks
Kasia Hubbard
I won this on Goodreads. I received my copy on October 5.
Mia
Elizabetha
Suzan
Ellen
Sep 20, 2011
I have published five literary works of erotic fiction: the novels SEESAW and WHIPPED, the novella CLIMBING THE STAIRS, the short story collection SEX AND LOVE. I have been translated into German and Spanish. WUTHERING NIGHTS, an erotic retelling of Emily Bronte's WUTHERING HEIGHTS, is out in e-book, trade paperback, and audio book.

Any erotic material is always there to enhance the story, develop