Start by marking “Deception” as Want to Read:

(Tamia Luke #2)

Sisters can share too much. . .

Acquitted of murder, Tamia Luke is on a mission to reclaim all she's lost, including her ex, Brandon, who saved her life. Brandon's about to get married, but Tamia's determined, even if it means resorting to deception--a family habit. Her sister, Fiona, betrayed Tamia to save her own skin. Now the two share a scandalous secret that may
Published February 28th 2012 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Deception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deception

Start your review of Deception
Kim
Feb 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotic-fiction
I want to preface this review by mentioning that this book is not romance but erotic fiction, so if you are looking for Maureen's normal romance genre books this book is not for you.

First definitely read Exposed before this book so that you'll know the history of these characters and what brought them to this point in their lives.

There were a few unexpected things that happened in this book. Tamia for one totally changed, it seemed as though she really realized the error of her ways, and put
Angelia
Mar 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All I can say is WOW this was simply WONDERFUL!!!! GREAT !!!!! Can't wait for the next one.....DEFINITELY not your typical romance read so if that's what you're looking for this is NOT the book for you but if you enjoy erotic fiction and all things SCANDALOUS then make SURE to pick up your copy.......
ConSonia
Jun 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Im absolutely disappointed in a good way I did not want this book to end Naomi was so wrong on ever level for ending that book like that I hurt :-( BUT BRAVO IT WAS SCANDALOUS, DRAMA FILLED, HURT, LOVE, HATE, MURDER IT HAD IT ALL.. WHERES PT 3 IM READY.
Kimberly
Naomi chase has done it again. This was a page turner from start to finish! Man I just didn't see all of this coming! Can't wait for the next one.
Delaney Diamond
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Deception was not quite the page-turner that Exposed was, but it was still a good read. While reading, I felt as if I was supposed to dislike Cynthia, but I couldn’t. In the first book, Exposed, she was poised, smart, and knew how to hang with the boys at the cigar bar. I liked her way more than I did Tamia and wanted her and Brandon to work out. In this book, she was portrayed as being needy and even a little conniving, but I really feel like she was being wronged by Brandon. He disrespected ...more
Metris
Apr 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
After reading Exposed (which by the way I liked even though I was very irritated with Tamia & the lies) so I didn't know if I was going to be able to handle a repeat. I can honestly say that I enjoyed Deception, the rekindling love for Tamia and Brandon was awesome and no matter what Tamia has done in her past I want her to have a happy ending she deserves it.
It is time for Brandon to grow some balls and stand up to his parents...UGH I HATEEEEE Daddy & Mama Chambers & Bishop
Diana
Aug 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
I get annoyed with cliffhanger endings but I'm trying to hold on to this series becaue I really like Naomi Chase's writing style and the plot is interesting. Deception was better than Exposed to me, but again, these books are filled with a lot of extra fluff that I think could be removed and this story only needed one book to tell it's full story. That's just my opinion though, going to wait for the next one. My last rant against the book is that at the end, I expected an excerpt from the next ...more
Tomeka
Mar 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was just as good as the first. How can you not root for Brandon Chambers and Tamia Luke to be together after all they've been through, and the love and passion that's inescapable to see? But of course, there's the ever present, burgoise, conniving witch of Cynthia Yarbrough who's determined to keep her man by any means necessary. Unexpected twists and Secrets are revealed in this book, but with the cliffhanger of the ending it's evident a third book is in the making. Let's just hope ...more
Yolanda Moore
Feb 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I cant wait for the next one to find out what Brandon will do. I didnt know Fiona was that evil.
Rhoda Dede
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book really had me in my feelings. I reminded me of my first love and my first heartbreak. I saw so much of Tamia in me. Cynthia too and Fiona. All three main female character spoke to me in different levels that I never really knew I was capable of feeling before while reading at book. Throughout the whole novel I can't tell myself Tamia just let go but then there would be scenes where she'll be with Brandon and my heart just swoon and I was shipping them all over again. Fiona has soe ...more
Lisa
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow this storyline just keeps getting better and better! I knew Fiona was a nutcase! I really think Tamia should've walked away and let Brandon get himself together. Cynthia is another nutcase and Gwen Chambers, she's really a piece of work! It will be interesting to see how this story turns out! The Bishop is a mess, Dre and Leah, Beau, all of them need closure. The mighty need to be knocked down from their thrones and it's time Tamia finds happiness. I must find out what happens next! Great ...more
Lesa Divine

Omg these endings got me like ugh.
Lots of deception, secrets and betrayal.

Enjoying reading from other characters point of view.

Now I'm like I want to see where this continue on.
One-Click
Audiobook

Great Narration

More Cheaty-Cheaterson going on all over the place in this book.
It got a little bit like a Scooby Doo episode in the last few chapters AND it ends yet again on a giant CLIFF! But Never Fear! Book Three is already out!

So much action and crazy in this book, I'm not telling you anything. Just that it's another Great Book, so if you read the first one and enjoyed it, you HAVE to read this one.

Great Characters, Great Sex, A little Scooby Doo, Some Angst, a tear or two and I'm
Marie
Feb 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Let me start off by stating, I devoured this book. From the beginning to the end it had me sitting on the edge of my seat with the twists and turns of Ms. Chase's dark and twisty mind. Even in the second installment, the characters still came to life and every new person had me second guessing w...

more...
Destiny Hawkins
May 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was soooooo good. I listened to the audio book. I often found myself sitting in my car trying to finish the cd, no matter what chapter I was on. Tamia, Brandon, Cynthia, Fiona, and Dre are some characters from this story that I will never forget. This book of love, deception, betrayal and sacrifice was the bomb.Not to mention the sex scenes were fire. I am so ready to read book three. One of the best series, if not the best that I've read.
Bree
Sep 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was great! It was even better than Exposed. I never really liked Cynthia anyway. I was glad when Brandon dumped her. He should be with Tamia because she is his true love. I can't believe Fiona was so evil. How could she do such a horrible thing. She is really crazy. I hope Tamia is pregnant by Brandon. I can't wait for Betrayal. 9/23/2012
Syl
Mar 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another page turner by Naomi Chase! Tamia and Brandon show you the kind of love they have while you sit back and watch Cynthia wishing she had that kind of love! Great Book another must read. Theres a cliffhanger at the end of the book that leads you to hope, wish and wonder when book #3 is coming :D
Valerie
This book was awesome...
Suspense, passion, lust, love triangles and deceit all made this page turner a fast read for me.
Deception is Part II of the book Exposed which was also a page turner.
I am in hopes that there is another part to this story because I do want to see Tamia and Brandon happy.
Yasmin
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

I literally can not get enough of this series. I just finished it and I could literally read it again right now And still enjoy it. It really is an amazing storyline. Its definitely a page turner. You will not want to put it down!
Winter
Mar 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
now this was a hot book! Excellent sequel to exposed and can not wait to the next one comes out. I soooo hope Brandon and tamia gets together and sonetimes the goody tu shu women are not so great after all (Cynthia) .please read this book you won't be disappointed! !
Charmer
Loved it. Smh at Mrs. Chambers, and Cynthia. Wasn't Dominic dark-skinned in book 1, cause he was light-skinned in book 2? What's Brandon gonna do? Can't wait for book 3. Which is not on audio, yet. Damn. Come on Naomi Chase, I NEED that book. Lol
Ashley H
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I want to preface this review by mentioning that I did not begin with the first book in the series which is Exposed. Deception however is the second book in the series installment. I will also say that make sure that your calendar is free, so that you may enjoy this book as it is meant to be enjoyed.

Now, from the beginning to the end it had me sitting on the edge of my seat with the twists and turns of Ms. Naomi Chase dark and twisty mind. Even in the second installment, the characters still
Twyla Reynolds
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great READ!!! I was scared that this book would have me on the edge of my seat and stomach in knots like the first book. But surprisingly, it flowed, we got to see the build up between the characters and it really showed that the main character had some redeeming qualities and that others no matter how wealthy can be just as manipulative as anyone else, even more so because they have access to resources. I think my main take away from this book is that a person's background doesn't have to ...more
Matysha
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The here is book 2 of Naomi Chase's exposed series and I must she delivered once again! Picking up where book 1 ended this story takes the reader on ride they just don't wanna get off. This sequel reinforced why I love Chase's writing style. I can wait to get my hands on book 3 to see where the #Tamdon story ends or not.
Vette
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This may be the best series of the year for me! Yes I know it’s only July. Whew the suspense, deception, sex, secrets, murder, heartaches, and reuniting had my eyes glued to the book.
Will be starting book 3 today
Author Naomi Chase aka author Maureen Smith you did your THANG with this.
Will be starting pt 3 Betrayal today.

Denise A. Womack
Continued Story

Book 2 continues the story of Brandon, Tamia, Cynthia, Fiona & Dominic. There’s romance, hot blooded sex scenes, secrets & murders. This story will keep you intrigued. Can’t wait to read Book 3!
Latia Sanders
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fiona is crazy!! I found myself disappointed in Tamia for protecting her the way she did, though it was understandable. I loveeee Brandon!! I want Cynthia to go awayyyyyy!! And Tamia and her secrets are going to be the death of her smh. Great read definitely.
Janelia
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deception

What a great read Tamia going through so much and now Dom is back and for what it’s crazy. Tamia want Brandon back or do she
Kim Short
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

This is the second book in a series and I can't wait to read the next book. It has everything, sex romance and suspense all in one book.
Carol Gibbs
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Deception was just what the tittle said; I love when a book has suspense and a whole lot of lies to try and decipher thru
« previous 1 3 4 next »
DECEPTION 2 15 Jun 26, 2013 11:48AM
DECEPTION 2 10 Jan 29, 2013 06:01AM

• Let Me Love You (McClain Brothers #1)
  • Let Me Hold You (McClain Brothers #2)
  • Let Me Show You (McClain Brothers #3)
  • Let Me Free You (McClain Brothers #4)
  • Ethic 6 (Ethic, #6)
  • Ethic 2
  • Ethic
  • Believe in Me (Strickland Sisters, #2)
  • Ethic 5
  • Ethic 3
  • Moth to a Flame
  • Plus
  • Driving Heat (Blue-Collar Lover #1)
  • Packing Heat (Blue-Collar Lover #2)
  • If I Can't Have You (If I Can't Have You, #1)
  • Love and War (The Prada Plan, #4)
  • Teach Me
  • Illuminati
Naomi Chase is a pseudonym for Maureen Smith

Maureen garnered critical acclaim for her sensual romances and heart-pounding romantic suspense, as well as her edgy women's fiction written as Naomi Chase. She has won a Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice Award (nominated for seven total) and numerous Emma Awards.

Before becoming an author, Maureen interned with a former U.S. presidential candidate,

Tamia Luke (3 books)