Start by marking “The Secret Language of Birthdays: Personology Profiles for Each Day of the Year” as Want to Read:
The Secret Language of Birthdays: Personology Profiles for Each Day of the Year

The Secret Language of Birthdays: Personology Profiles for Each Day of the Year

Many people have long suspected, as astrologers believe, that the day you were born affects your personality. While no one knows exactly how or why, birthdays do tend to be uncannily accurate predictors of psychological tendencies. The Secret Language of Birthdays by Gary Goldschneider and Joost Effers describes in detail the characteristics and quirks of personality assoc ...more
Published November 1st 1994 by Penguin Studio Books (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The Secret Language of Birthdays, please sign up.
~☆~Autumn♥♥☔ Wells Feb 14th is Aquarius and this is The Day of the Cool Quip. The tarot card is temperance. The figure shown on the card is a lovely angel who protects a…moreFeb 14th is Aquarius and this is The Day of the Cool Quip. The tarot card is temperance. The figure shown on the card is a lovely angel who protects and keeps us on an even keel. Such a figure emphases the need for balance and moderation in the lives of February 14 people. Positively seen, Temperance modifies passions in order to allow for new truths to be learned and incorporated into one's life. The Temperance card urges February 14 people to establish and maintain their own ethical code and resist both seductive temptations and false behavior for the sake of personal gain.(less)
Stanley Stevens what does 3 - 23-83 say
…more
what does 3 - 23-83 say
(less)

Start your review of The Secret Language of Birthdays: Personology Profiles for Each Day of the Year
Kat
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Kat by: Rachel
I love big books and I cannot lie.

Thanks to my partner in hocus pocus, Rachel, this giant gem arrived in the mail today, and I couldn't be more excited. It's a 800 pages thick feast of astrology, psychology, and tiny tidbits concerning (obscure) historical figures of importance that once shared your birthday.

And it's wonderful. And it's eerie how well my birthday matches my personality, and how my partner's matches his, and how Rachel's matches Rachel, whereas no other random birthday descripti
Aug 10, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: don-t-judge-me
This will hurt my credibility, but...it's eerily accurate, I tell you! ...more
Angie McCrae
Mar 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: astrology, favorites, own
Recommended by a friend, this is one of the most read books that I own. If you're into astrology (or even have a mild interest in it), this is a must read if not must own book. Comprised of each day of the year, it gives an insightful and detailed personality assessment of persons born on that particular day. Whenever I learn of someone's birthday, I look it up to see what it says about them, and for the most part I've found that the traits outlined in the book are pretty much spot-on with the p ...more
Kathy
Aug 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Although it is an enormous tome, this is the most shoplifted book at our shop (and at a local restaurant, which liked to have it on hand for customer enjoyment). To my mind it is in no real way a book of astrology (but then I am a persnickety and opinionated astrologer) but a neat sort of parlor game book. Of course, I didn't agree with the assessment of my birthday (Sept 30). But I must say every other family member, whose days seemed pretty accurate, stared at me and couldn't believe I couldn' ...more
Krissys
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A rather guilty pleasure of mine even for its silliness is reading about my birth date.
Granted, I know its not real but its amusing to see how accurate it is about the kind of person I am.
Most of the people that I know who have read their birthday profile from my copy have been delighted to find that it describes them fairly accurately as well.

Good for the entertainment but I suggest people embracing the person they are for who they have become and not who a book says you're 'supposed' to be.
Bearclaw
Oct 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book that can have a profound impact on some and just cheap entertainment to others. I lay in between, and believe this book is a must have for everybody. Great to read anybodys birthdya and I have all my friends to sign their names on their page.
Dna
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Simply fun to read! This is a great reference book for devotees of astrology, or even psychology, but is also a fun read for anyone looking to demystify someone they know, or figure out a difficult personality.
Molly Poynter
I love astrology, so I checked this book out and it's really neat ...more
Bonnie Randall
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: astrology
Fascinating & illuminating ~ wonderful fodder for any novelist and certainly intriguing for anyone trying to understand the people sprinkled all over their lives.
Mzamo Phiri
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I first read astrology I was puzzled by the fact that Pisces is he last house of the zodiac signs. I mean horoscopes can get emotional just by reading through and understanding what you want and not what's meant, I geuss it is all a matter of experiancing situations from a practical, level ground point of view in order for one to understand what actually is meant or rather what has been written. I just think my Pisces sign is the best. ...more
Alpha
Jul 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Out of all the books in the three I respect by Goldschneider, I love the Secret Language of Birthdays a little more since it appeals to everyone compared to just a few. Destiny is something everyone pursues but it is a general description given without any details to the person and as for relationships, well relationships are different among everyone and so the general is for a general understanding how two people will mesh.

Now this book is a complete and intricate detail of a person by the day
Renetta
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: divination
I find this to be very accurate. I look up everyone I meet! Usually everyone is pretty excited to have me read about their birthdate, I remember one friend though was very negative about it and kept insisting that it isn't going to be true and it's just silly nonsense. I read his anyway and it said something like, those born on this day will deny that there's any truth to this. I forget exactly how it was worded but I got a kick out of that. Fun book indeed. ...more
Lady Minya
Jul 04, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, new-age, reviewed
An in-depth analysis of birth dates and what they mean for each individual. Compiled from common personality traits shared by people born on the same day of the year, this personality analysis is freakishly accurate.
Jen Rainwater
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's scarily right on on all the birthdays I checked! Pretty much done with the main ones I am interested in but might check out a few more! It's so accurate and usually while I am into astrology I usually take it with a grain of salt, saying that this book is extremely cool!! ...more
Lyric
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has been a fund read, and very intriguing. It provides interesting insight into the personalities associated with each birthday. I especially like how in-depth the author speaks about cusp signs. Fascinating read!
Dec 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My birthday is November 28th and this book describes me to a T.
This book is scary fuckin accurate!
Slyth
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love EVERYTHING to do with astrology and meanings.

A plus is that it discusses your birthday, what it represents and it's so cool!!!
April
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kit★
Mar 14, 2013 marked it as wishlist-want-it
Shelves: non-fiction
I remember checking this book out from the library a bunch of times when I was a teen, and have wanted it ever since. I have the second one, The Secret Language of Relationships, but didn't find it nearly as 'accurate' in describing myself or people I know, or our relationships, so I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as this one. Would like to read this one again now that I'm older, and see how I interpret it now. ...more
Angelica
Oct 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I 1st came across this book in the mid 90s at a library and was jaw dropped over the accuracy of my birthday. I brought it to work and everyone else was just a gobsmacked over their birthday readings. Only one woman didn't agree about her's but everyone in our department agreed that it was completely accurate, she just wasn't too keen on the realization of the negative bits of her nature.

The author has a very useful website companion to this book as well, I came across it while researching the
Gun Lippert
Dec 22, 2012 marked it as to-read
All the books i added today i got for a dollar a piece!
They are everything down from this spot on, on my "to read list..

Also got Frannie 6 F Paul Wilson books (her current passion)..
and a coupla bonus vampire books.

i GOTTA tell you guys about this "Birthdays" book..
It assigns a title to each day of the year.

Just so tired tonight, i'll tell you about it tomorrow.
My brain is toast.

Veronica Perdomo
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fluff
For someone who is usually relatively skeptical about the accuracy of astrology, this book seemed to have an uncanny ability to describe the personalities, strengths, and flaws of people born on specific days. The descriptions are varied, specific, and offer real insight into an individual's struggles and motivations. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone even remotely interested in astrology (even the person who just glances at their horoscope in the newspaper from time to time). ...more
Taryn Hipwell
Apr 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Taryn by: Found it one night when I was on a date, seems the book was righ
I've read this book several times on an as needed basis. Sometimes I feel a little bit off, and it has pointed out my flaws and fabulous traits. It also helps me to figure out why other people do what they do.

Sometimes it's too on the nose and freaks me out. But I just finally bought a copy for myself. And strangely it's like a mini-psyochological analysis page on everyone I know.
Lynn Wilson
Oct 16, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is remarkable.
As an astrologer I generally dismiss people who emphasize sun signs, but the authors have somehow managed to compile a list of very accurate descriptions about people based on one piece of information - their date of birth. It's wonderful fun, and can be very helpful in understanding friends, children, family members, employees, spouses and significant others.
~☆~Autumn♥♥☔ Wells
I own a big heavy hard back coffee table type of book which I got years ago from a book club. Its a lot of fun so I recommend it for everyone if you can get a copy. I first saw this book at the book store at the university at Albuquerque and it was $50.00 then but I got it later for much less. Good luck finding it.
Hanna Lee
Jun 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is incredibly creepy, but informative at the same time -- definitely read this or at least skim through it if if you get the chance. For the vast majority of the people I know personally, the descriptions provided for their birth date are essentially a complete analysis of their character.
Hayley
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I looked up my birthday and then everyone else's birthday and I knew and it was SO accurate. Kinda creepy honestly but really cool at the same time. It's a book I know I'll keep around forever to look up people I'm interested in. It's really entertaining. Love it! ...more
Kat Czar
Nov 20, 2008 rated it it was amazing
If you believe in astrology - or not .....this is a cool book - insightful!
Fishface
Jan 17, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: astrology
A fun read. My page in the book describes me suprisingly well, too.
Jaimie
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For all that this is the most comprehensive and useful astrology book that I've come across (case and point, the fact that I continue to reference it going back years to my mother's copy), it's not one which is meant to be read cover to cover. In previous readings I had only referenced the specific pages to look up myself or other people, but this time I actually read all the introductory material and the more generalized discussions around the elemental signs and stages. The authors do a great ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need
  • Astrology for the Soul
  • Linda Goodman's Love Signs: A New Approach to the Human Heart
  • Linda Goodman's Sun Signs
  • The Ultimate Guide to Tarot: A Beginner's Guide to the Cards, Spreads, and Revealing the Mystery of the Tarot
  • The Power of Birthdays, Stars & Numbers: The Complete Personology Reference Guide
  • Astrology: Using the Wisdom of the Stars in Your Everyday Life
  • Goddess Guidance Oracle Cards
  • Content Management Bible
  • Roof Framing
  • Cosmos and Psyche: Intimations of a New World View
Gary began his extensive career in the public eye with weekly performances on WCAU radio’s Children’s Hour at the tender age of two. Reciting Keats, Shelley, Wordsworth and other famous poets, he later did scripts and commercials which laid the foundation for public speaking and college lecturing later in life.

At seven, he began his piano study with David Sokoloff in Philadelphia. As a concert pi

News & Interviews