Start by marking “Timepiece (Hourglass, #2)” as Want to Read:
Timepiece (Hourglass, #2)

Timepiece

(Hourglass #2)

A threat from the past could destroy the future. And the clock is ticking.

Kaleb Ballard was never supposed to be able to see ripples - cracks in time. Are his powers expanding, or is something very wrong? Before he can find out, Jonathan Landers, the man who tried to murder his father, reappears. Why is he back, and what, or whom, does he want?

In the wake of Landers' retur
Published June 12th 2012 by EgmontUSA

To ask other readers questions about Timepiece, please sign up.
Brooklyn Bynum It's probably not popular because people don't have open minds, or choose not to get out of their comfort zones because this book is different from th…moreIt's probably not popular because people don't have open minds, or choose not to get out of their comfort zones because this book is different from the rest. Also, these books are very good. The way the writer brings you in before you even get to the second page is amazing. You should most definitely read it if you haven't already.(less)
YA Novels of 2012
1,320 books — 10,684 voters
Can't Wait Books of 2012
2,514 books — 15,701 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Timepiece (Hourglass, #2)
♥Rachel♥
Jun 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-e-book

When I finished Hourglass I knew there was a sequel planned, but I had no idea it would not be told from our original narrator, Emerson's, POV. Timepiece continues the story of Hourglass, but this time from Kaleb's POV. This was especially fun because Kaleb is a classic bad-boy! To hear his flippant and flirtatious comments throughout had me cracking up.

When we pick up the story, "rips," visions of the past or future, are appearing everywhere and with increasing magnitude and frequency. Not onl
Sophie
May 15, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: People who have just read Hourglass and have it fresh in their minds
My only reaction to this book: meh.

I think I couldn't enjoy this book partly because I remember next to nothing from Hourglass and didn't have the time or patience to reread it again, and partly because I didn't much care for Kaleb's character.

Too many rules. There are way too many rules about time traveling, and I couldn't keep all of them straight. For the first half of the book, I was just wondering, Who's Dune? Who's Nathan (actually, I still am not too sure who Nathan is). What's duronium
Jodi Meadows
Mar 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Go ahead and be jealous. I won't judge you. :)
Sophie Riggsby / allthingsequilateral
Published on Page Turners Blog on 6/6/2012

Surely, I’m not the only one who gets those oh-noes-butterflies in her stomach when starting a sequel. But, it’s exactly how I felt when I opened the first page of Timepiece. I always wonder what will become of my much loved characters; in this case, I shouldn’t have worried. You see, this story is in Kaleb’s point-of-view and as the resident bad boy of Hourglass, let’s just say he makes for an interesting read.

One of the many things I loved about the f
i.
Feb 13, 2016 rated it liked it
This time the story is from Kaleb's point of view, what makes the novel interesting and slightly different from the first one. I liked the romantic part as well and I found the plot engaging.

www.theleisurediaries.blogspot.com
Giselle
Since Hourglass had Emerson’s viewpoint, this one is from Kaleb’s side. I have to admit I like reading from Kaleb’s viewpoint simply because he’s sarcastic. His little conversations with Lily make me laugh out loud. He teases her endlessly and she does the same to him. Yet there’s an underlying softness about him. You witness a more vulnerable side to him, especially when he brings up the past about his mother. He’s a good man and he can’t help but feel overshadowed by his best friend Michael.

We
Ferdy
Jun 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
Kaleb takes over from Emerson to narrate Timepiece. After Emerson and her friends changed history to go back in time to save Kaleb's father from death they caused a disruption in the space time continuum to. Their actions catch up to them, when Kaleb and the Hourglass gang receive a warning from a man named Poe to find Jack Landers and repair the natural order of things. If they fail they'll be killed.

-The first half of the book is spent on Kaleb's man-pain, his mummy and daddy issues, his jealo
Kara
Mar 12, 2012 rated it liked it
I am not in the "book swoon" club. I am not a romance-driven reader. I am also not a big fan of books in which teenagers decide they've met the Love Of Their Lives, but that's probably because I'm grateful everyday that I don't have to live with any decisions that I made when I was that age. (I also think it sets young readers up for disappointment, but that is a topic for another day...) So, why am I reviewing a book that many readers view as straight-up-romance? Because I think it's about a lo ...more
Taschima
Oct 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
You can find more reviews @BloodyBookaholic

More time traveling awesomeness for all of us who loved Hourglass? Hell yeah! True this one wasn't as awesome as Hourglass was in my opinion, but it was still a solid, and fast paced, sequel. No "Sophomore read lull" for this series.

The main difference in this installment is that Kaleb Ballard is the narrator instead of Emerson. The thing is that I loved Hourglass mainly because of Emerson, she was a very kick ass heroine and having her gone as main cha
Kristy
Jul 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm going to be honest and say upfront, I had a not of a hard time getting into this at first. I'm not sure if it was because the story was being told from a different perspective than the first book or what the issue was.... but after a little getting used to kalebs voice, I got sucked in. This story was not at all what I was expecting, but I ended up really enjoying myself. I am still interested and curious where #3 will take us. So many unanswered questions. Again, I have to note that scienti ...more
Sep 06, 2011 marked it as to-read
AWESOME COVER! I LOVE KALEB!
Elizabeth Drake
This and other reviews can be found on Reading Between Classes

Cover Impressions: I really do like this cover. It is simple, clean and effective.

The Gist: In this sequel to Hourglass we switch to Kaleb's point of view and learn more about his emphatic powers. Jack Landers is still on the lose and time rips are becoming more frequent, and real, than ever. Against this backdrop, The Hourglass is issued an ultimatum, find and deliver Jack, or face an alternate timeline that could destroy its members
Karen
Jan 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Timepiece won't be released until June 2012 so it seems way to early to write a full review but since I did manage to snag an ARC copy at ALA (or I should say my hubby snagged me a copy - xoxo!) I feel like I have to at least let you know how amazing it is and how much it lives up to the the first book in the series - Hourglass.

First thing, there is a change in narration. This is Kaleb's book all the way. When I first heard this I was thrilled. I love male POV's and Kaleb definitely has some bag
~Tina~
Timepiece was just as great as Hourglass if not better.
Loved that this was in Kaleb point of view since he was one of my favorite charactes in Hourglass. I loved him even more.
Fans of Emerson and Michael will be pleased to know that they're in this and as adorable as ever.
The plot is non-stop action, the sci-fi/ time travel was such a blast to read about and I loved learning more about everyones gift.
The writing pieces everything so perfectly.
Fans who enjoyed the first book will want to read i
Liza Wiemer
Dec 17, 2011 added it
Shelves: arc
Read the ARC, which was loaned to me by a friend. And all I can say for now is WAY TO GO Myra McEntire! Was so surprised to discover that Kaleb narrated this second book in the HOURGLASS series. Loved it. Since the novel isn't coming out until June, 2012 I will wait to update my review until then. But let me urge everyone to get their hands on and read HOURGLASS asap!!! and add TIMEPIECE to your "to-read" list. This series will completely suck you in.
Oh, and isn't the cover just gorgeous??? The
Raihana
Oct 24, 2011 marked it as to-read
Ahhhh!!! Look at the cover!!!!SOOO COOL!!! LOVE IT! OMG can't wait to read this book!!!
Shelby
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was good! It took me a while to get through it, but I did. So far I really like this series. Can't wait to read the 3rd book in the series.
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
A suspenseful, action packed sequel, laced with with sizzling Southern romance, and plenty of snark, Timepiece took everything I loved about Hourglass and upped it a whole new level. Narrated from my favorite character from this series, Kaleb, this book is packed full of humor, plenty of time traveling action and plot twists that kept me holding on to this book until I finished it. Not that I wanted this book to end either. Myra has created these characters I've come to love, worry about and car ...more
Desiree
Feb 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
I think that Timepiece along with Hourglass are both books that many readers will absolutely love. Unfortunately I am not one of those readers. The Story fell completely flat for me. I think that the story line for this series is fun and creative so I was hoping that I would enjoy this book more than I did its predecessor because of Kaleb's voice. He was the only thing that I liked about Hourglass, he was funny and cute. I did like Timepiece a smidge more than I liked Hourglass because of him an ...more
Michele at A Belle's Tales
I want to start this review with a little cover love and appreciation. I'm a big fan of the covers of Hourglass and Timepiece, so I wanted to pay homage to the creator of both.

I was so excited to learn that Timepiece was from Kaleb’s POV. After a few chapters, though, I realized maybe I didn’t need to be privy to all of Kaleb’s innermost thoughts. Then again, the guy is pretty hilarious:

“The first rule of Hourglass is that you don’t talk about Hourglass.
Like Fight Club, but without the mercil
Katie
Nov 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, own
Timepiece, the second book in the Hourglass series, surpasses the first book in it's awesomeness. The stakes are higher, the romance is hotter, and the mystery is even more suspenseful. Readers will be hooked from the very first sentence (which is the best first sentence ever!)

Hourglass is told from Emerson's point-of-view. Instead of doing the same thing with the sequel Myra McEntire switched it up and told Timepiece from Kaleb's point-of-view. While it is still the same story it is very differ
Angela  M
Nov 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Find more of my reviews at www.readingangel.com

The best first line of a book ever!!! Not going to tell you what it is, but once you crack the spine you will love it! Just had to start off saying that. I love love loved Hourglass, and I could not wait to dig in to Timepiece. It was one of my most anticipated reads of the year and I was not disappointed! I will say that there was very little recap of Hourglass, and since it had been so long since I had read it, my brain took a bit to remember all
Em
Oct 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
NOTE: 4.5 out of 5 stars!

The second installment in Myra McEntire’s Hourglass series is told from Kaleb’s perspective and oh, what a perspective it is! I love that Myra was able to execute a male’s POV so flawlessly. I honestly loved how raw and honest his narration was. In the first book, it was easy to see Kaleb as a meat-head with lots of tattoos and a rebel without a cause, but he actually has so much depth. He is a complex character that is incredibly well fleshed-out in Timepiece. I loved g
Cindi
May 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved Hourglass & I loved Timepiece. This series is one of those amazing series that has it all. Writing, great characters & plot & hot boys. I don't normally believe in instalove, but I fell in instalove with Kaleb the second he showed up in Hourglass. So when I found out Timepiece was from Kaleb's POV I was even more excited to read it & it was even better than I expected. I'm already dying for the next one. So so good! I'm still on a book high from reading it. Sigh :)
Valerie
I wish I could tell all the ways this book is so awesome, but I can't. Yet.
Kristi
Nov 03, 2011 rated it it was ok
didn't enjoy this one as much as Hourglass. Did not feel the relationship between Kaleb and Lily either.

full review to come.
Duks
I expected to still be in Emerson's POV, but we got Kaleb this time. I liked him in the first book, but sit wasn't the same for me this time around...
Sasha
REALLY REALLY LIKED. solid 4.5 stars EEEEP! I'm ready for Book Three. full review to come.
Lauren
Apr 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Timepiece is the sequel to Hourglass, which is awesome and crazy and a wee bit over-the-top but not so much that I can’t love it anyway.

Whereas Hourglass is told from the point-of-view of reluctant time-traveler Emerson Cole, Timepiece‘s narrator is her boyfriend’s best friend, the dark and brooding Kaleb.

The Plot

[Spoilers from Hourglass ahead. Skip down to My Thoughts if you haven't finished it yet. Then GO FINISH IT.]

Timepiece picks up shortly after the conclusion of Hourglass. Emerson and Mic
Sarah Jane
Aug 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review to come.
This Review also appears on Mrs. Lacey's Reviews and on my blog http://misslacey521.blogspot.com.

Update 08/29/2013
Sorry for being so late with this review, but I have been busy. But enough about me. Let me dive into this review saying that I absolutely love the Hourglass books. Timepiece is of no exception. I am going to do an overview of what I thought were the most interesting points, and then give my opinion. Enjoy.

First off, Timepiece is told in Kaleb's point of view instead
Who loved it as much as me? 3 6 Mar 11, 2014 01:07PM
Crazy for Young A...: Timepiece (Hourglass #2) by Myra McEntire → Start Date: February 6, 2014 30 20 Feb 10, 2014 05:05AM
Disappointed by point of view change? 11 38 May 14, 2013 01:12PM
Mike Or Kaleb ? 6 27 Jul 11, 2012 09:06AM
Mike Or Kaleb ? 10 35 Jul 07, 2012 09:27PM
UtopYA Con 2012 (7/6-8th, 2012) 1 5 Jun 22, 2012 06:25PM

• The Catastrophic History of You and Me
  • The Last Echo (The Body Finder, #3)
  • Until I Die (Revenants, #2)
  • Supernaturally (Paranormalcy, #2)
  • Spellcaster (Spellbound, #2)
  • The Beach House (The Kissing Booth, #1.5)
  • A Fractured Light (A Beautiful Dark, #2)
  • Desires of the Dead (The Body Finder, #2)
  • Past Perfect
  • If I Should Die (Revenants, #3)
  • Thousand Words
  • Lucky Few
  • Forget Me
  • A Blind Spot for Boys
  • The Truth About Us
  • Bloom
  • That Night
  • Going the Distance (The Kissing Booth, #2)

Hourglass (3 books)
  • Hourglass (Hourglass, #1)
  • Infinityglass (Hourglass, #3)