Start by marking “Lady Rosabella's Ruse” as Want to Read:
Lady Rosabella's Ruse

Lady Rosabella's Ruse

3.39  ·  Rating details ·  72 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
None of the women at an "anything goes" house party catches Garth Evernden's jaded eye. The only one worth noting is a covered-up lady's companion with an intriguing hint of exotic beauty the eighth Baron Stanford would like to uncover…Rose is in fact posing as a widow to find her inheritance—without it, she and her sisters will surely perish! The baron is known for his ge ...more
Published January 24th 2012 by Harlequin (first published September 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Lady Rosabella's Ruse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady Rosabella's Ruse

Mnms
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A lovely story, but then so are all Ann Lethbridges stories. She still hasn't managed to disappoint me, except by making them too short
Kim
Jan 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
So while the concept of the story was pretty interesting, the characters were a bit blah for me. Rose was super whiny and caused me to grate my teeth after a while. Garth had his annoying parts as well, but was nowhere near as annoying as Rose was. The misconceptions that Garth and Rose had about each other got so aggravating at times that I just didn't want to read anymore. I think I would have been able to enjoy the book more without so many damn conflicts. Seriously, it was one right after th ...more
Cozen
This story I am conflicted on. The beginning starts a bit slow and it is dragged by that best friend's wife being there. That kind of stalled the story.

When the lead decides to not follow the proper protocol for being ruined, it got interesting for me. I think I started to really enjoy the story in the second half of the book.

I think the male lead's history with the theater group could have used a little bit of expansion on it, but I did like the game at the park that they all played in.

Over
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: Rakes and Rascals
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Rakes and Rascals
Margaret
Dec 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Would like to see a longer book by this author.
E. R.
All the "misgivings" that the hero had was resolved in the end. I'm glad that the hero has such a great brother and that he has his heroine with him all the way.
Michaela
Mar 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
This sorry could have been much better with a few tweeks to the plot. The reason Garths a cynic mostly.
Rachel
Jul 31, 2012 rated it liked it
Meh it was ok. Not an epic romance but cute.
Victoria Jonsson
Mar 05, 2015
J D BOON
Dec 02, 2016
Alison
Nov 01, 2012
Kristen
rated it did not like it
Aug 06, 2013
Kitzune
May 22, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 14, 2015 09:41AM
AKA Michèle Ann Young (Goodreads Author)

An army brat born in England and now living in Canada, Ann grew up loving history, but majored in business, with history on the side. She has a husband and two lovely daughters and a Maltese Terrier called Teaser, who likes to sit on a chair beside the computer while she works.

Her love of the past and the stories in her imagination led her to write her first