Start by marking “Carnally Ever After (The Ever Afters, #1)” as Want to Read:
Carnally Ever After (The Ever Afters, #1)

Carnally Ever After

(The Ever Afters #1)

This ebook includes CARNALLY EVER AFTER, a short story (15,000 words/50 pages), EPIPHANY, a bonus epilogue (3,400 words/11 pages) and an excerpt from Jackie's upcoming release, THE LESSON PLAN (6400 words/21 pages).

DESCRIPTION

Jilted at the altar, Lady Louisa Bennett seeks the solace of a quiet, empty chapel and instead finds Alistair de Roche, her fiancé’s best man and the
Nook, 0 pages
Published September 18th 2011 by Circe Press (first published February 18th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Carnally Ever After, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carnally Ever After

Barbara
Jan 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-2012
This was a good story of a jilted bride and the best man. Alastair wanted Louisa but was engaged to another. Louisa gets jilted and Alastair is there to pick up the pieces. They both have their duties but their love and lust are able to overcome. Did like the novella in 12th Nights to catch up with them. Very apt for their story.
Wendy
Mar 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Wendy by: Umar
A little hot number this one.
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Carnally Ever After is Extremely Erotic. Its not BDMS just plan outright erotic sex. Its a Novella so the story moves pretty quickly. I like both lead Characters. It was just one bit that kept me from giving this 5 stars and that had to do with a cucumber. That should have been edited out.

If you like erotica this is a really good one. I wish it had been longer but it is a Novella
C Joy
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Short and carnal
Never Stop Reading or Dreaming
3 1/2 stars

I don't really read historical romance but this was a good one. Although, some of the language was not used in the 1800's I was able to look past it.
Angela
Carnally Ever After is a quick erotic read that was ultimately satisfying; I did have some issues with it, however they didn't detract from my overall enjoyment too much. At a mere 68 pages, per my Kindle, the story flies by and there is - surprisingly - an actual story packed in here too.

Louisa is left at the alter, not so much jilted as forgotten by her fiancé. She comes to the conclusion in her discussion with his best friend, Alistair de Roche, that it's because of her plump figure and gener
Rose
This is the first book I have read from author Jackie Barbosa and I really enjoyed it! Hot and fun novella with a couple that I was happy to see together in the end.

Lady Louisa Bennett has been jilted at the altar by Alistair's best friend, Lord Grenville. She believes that she was jilted because she's fat and that no man would want her. Alistair de Roche, the Earl of Holyfield has been attracted to Louisa since they were first introduced. He tries to convince her that she's attractive and that
Killian
Aug 26, 2012 marked it as did-not-finish
I stopped reading at "nascent erection". I stand by that decision.
Victoria Vane
I will say first that the author is an excellent writer. If you are seeking historical erotica this would absolutely and wonderfully fit the bill.

RIF
Jul 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Manages to be erotic, a bit funny and pack in a tender love story-get the one with the bonus epilogue for full effect.
K.J. Harrowick
Why I picked up this book:
All right, so I picked this book up after seeing a twitter post about a review that led the author/publisher to set the price as free. I'd just read a dark fantasy and needed a bit of a palate cleanser a la dirty romance.

What I liked:
The author's writing and voice is stellar.

Areas needing a touch of refinement:
This should be a dirty romance, but right off the bat there's nothing that smacks of romance or love, only lust. Both the hero/heroine are already engaged to oth
[̲̅ρ̲̅υ̲̅и̲̅y̲̅α̲̅]
Helen Kord
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-f, historical
Dnf'd at 20%
I thought I'd try something new and short, but then the hero decided he can't take the heroine's virginity and decides to do anal instead and guys. Guys seriously. Guys no.
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
April
Jul 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Louisa Bennett was left at the altar by Greenville, a man she doesn't care to marry in the first place. His best man, Alistair de Roche, is there to comfort her. They want each other, but know that no one can find out. Louisa knows she is still going to have to marry Greenville, and Alistair is set to be wed very soon himself. After their first time together, she decides to defy her family's wishes, even if it is just to be his mistress.

Carnally Ever After was a quick, hot historical read about
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Sep 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
**Copy Provided by Netgalley and Circe Press for an honest review**

A naughty little read that is set around 1816 and starts with a jilted bride wondering if the man she was told to marry did not want her because of her size.

Unbridled and unsaid lust for her fiancés best friend becomes more when he too declares that actually he has wanted her since the first time that her saw her.

Its sweet and tender and spicy hot and the extra epilogue was really sweet in the way that Alistair showed her exactly
Maggie Hesseling
Jul 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Christiana
Mar 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Carnally Ever After is a short spicy sweet treat about Louisa who has been abandoned at the altar and the best man at her wedding who has been infatuated with her. They seize this opportunity to proclaim their feelings for each other and end up discovering how well they suit. I love Jackie's writing and this short work delivers. It's nice to see a heroine with body image issues find a man who loves her for who she is. The epilogue was very touching. I'm reading Behind the Red Door next which fea ...more
Peggy
Aug 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Novella. Fun story with a plump heroine who's jilted at the altar. She and the best man turn out to be a good match.
Sep 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Really quick read, took me 2 hours, but it was cute. Could easily be drawn into a full length novel, but the author caught you up to speed pretty quick.
Monique
Oct 02, 2011 rated it liked it
3.5 - 4 Stars
Loved the last scene. HOT!
Amanda Davis
Jan 18, 2016
♥ Beth
Jan 23, 2010
Sheila
rated it did not like it
May 07, 2014
Chryssa
Apr 25, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Persuading Prudence
  • Glass Slipper (Naughtily Ever After, #1)
  • Love's Learning Curves (Wolf’s Seduction #3)
  • Reunion (Plus Size Loving, #5)
  • Sins of a Virgin (Sinners Trio, #1)
  • Tony's Haven (Sherman Family #2)
  • My Only Love
  • Tactical Pleasure (Men of S.W.A.T., # 1)
  • Stripped Bare (Joker's Wild, #3)
  • Unmasking Kelly (Courage Brothers of Texas, #Prequel)
  • Sunny with a Chance of Curves
  • Double Plush Velvet (Velvet, #1)
  • A Thin Line
  • Asking for Andre
  • Spurs and Heels (Divine Creek Ranch, #5)
  • The Fall Of Troy
  • Cold Nights, Hot Bodies
  • Caly's Lion (Lions of the Serengeti, #3)

The Ever Afters (4 books)
  • Wickedly Ever After (The Ever Afters, #2)
  • Scandalously Ever After (The Ever Afters, #3)
  • Sinfully Ever After (The Ever Afters, #4)