Start by marking “Articles on Short Stories by Roald Dahl, Including: Roald Dahl Short Stories Bibliography, the Visitor (Roald Dahl), the Landlady, William and Mary (Short Story), the Way Up to Heaven, Bitch (Short Story)” as Want to Read:

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  96 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
This book consists of reprints of Wikipedia articles and other readily available free internet content.

It does not contain anything actually written by Roald Dahl.

Hephaestus Books represents a new publishing paradigm, allowing disparate content sources to be curated into cohesive, relevant, and informative books. To date, this content has been curated from Wikipedia artic
Published August 26th 2011 by Hephaestus Books

Be the first to ask a question about Articles on Short Stories by Roald Dahl, Including

Matt Rozynski
May 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
I've only read the LandLady from this compilation of short stories, but I wanted to share my English language studednts' comments on it, from Buenos Aires:

(we used your comments on Goodreads in class to stimulate further ideas about the story and these comments)

It was a great story. It was full of mystery because even in the end, you didn’t know what happened with the boy.

– Andrés

The Landlady is a good story, but I don’t like how it ended. In the best part of the story, when you are getting real
Angela
Nov 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm only writing a review on the Landlady, cuz we rea that in class in Language Arts. Can I just say that this story was the FLIPPIN CRAZIEST STORY I'VE EVER READ??!!??!!??!!??!! Although that crazy is a good crazy, cuz the story is so mindnumbingly creeeeeeeepy that it's actually a really cool and complex story. so 17yearold Billy Walker (I think that's his last name) stays at this creepy nice old lady's bed & breakfast, only to drink tea that's poisened and eventually dies from the poison ...more
Fidan
Aug 25, 2012 rated it liked it
The Visitor - very provocative and unexpectadly unpredictable yet logical at the same time. It has several climaxes where the plot becomes more revealing and thoutful, makes you question some things. Exactly my type of read.
Raquel
May 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm writing about the Landlady, which is one of my favorite stories by Roald Dahl. Clever and full of nuances, one can sense that the bizarre landlady hides something sinister. This short story is unsettling and creepy; it will leave a bitter aftertaste( in a good way).
Oct 06, 2013 added it
Oct 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved these!
Keisha
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
i liked the landlady was very suspicious throughout the entire book
Dakotah
May 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Landlady was one the best, most irritating stories I've ever read! We read it in eighth grade and it was the first story that truly left an impression on me!
Meghana
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
the landlady was super creepy ! (JUST A HEADS UP)
Khadijah
Jules L
Nov 13, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Taxidermy 13 21 Nov 04, 2013 10:23AM
Hephaestus Books publishes print-on-demand compilations of Wikipedia articles -- not original works. Caveat Emptor.

If you feel that doing a free search on Wikipedia is not worth your time compared to paying someone to print out Wikipedia articles for you, then these books may be of interest.

Works titled as "Novels of [Author], such as [novel1], [novel2]..." are very arguably deceptively advertised