Start by marking “Hunted (The Chosen, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hunted (The Chosen, #2)

Hunted

(The Chosen #2)

Emma Thompson and Will Davenport may have escaped from the Vinco Potentia, but the secret political organization is far from their only problem. The trail to Jake is growing colder every day, but when Emma begins to display unusual powers of her own, Will wonders if her role in the prophecy is more significant than anyone ever believed.

To find out, they delve i
Published November 2011

To ask other readers questions about Hunted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunted

Start your review of Hunted (The Chosen, #2)
Jay Kenobi
May 10, 2012 rated it did not like it
I had one or two issues with the first book in this trilogy (Chosen), but it was a non-stop action thriller which I was unable to put down, and I bought Hunted as I was dying to know what happened next.

Unfortunately, I'm left feeling pretty disappointed. This book has the same issues as the first (Some stylistic issues, and Jake is not remotely credible as a 5 year old, gifted or not) but also has a few of its own on top.

After the nonstop action of the first book, I found the first
Jo Ann Reinhold
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book was so frustrating in parts, between Emma And James I felt that Will was trapped in his own special hell. It definitely is an "I have got to see what happens next" book an keeps you pulled in! You know I had to jump into the next book as soon as I finished! What an ending! Good job Denise Grover Swank!
Just My Opinion
Apr 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Upon finishing Chosen…I immediately went to the author asking for the next book in the series. I just couldn’t imagine reading just one book-I HAD to get answers and I had to have a resolution. She kindly sent me the final two books in the series for review. Thank you again Denise!

Once again, Ms. Swank delivers a fast-paced thrill ride which wastes no time drawing your attention and keeping it. The story continues right from where it left off, however, the dimensions change and new c
Melissa
Mar 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
The second installment in Denise Grover Swank's series has left more questions than answers. I felt like I had just experienced the final episode of "LOST" all over again! I'm not sure what it was about it, but something made it seem forced. Nothing seemed to flow as well this time around.

In addition to Emma and Will's voice, Jake is added as a narrative point of view. It seemed odd at first, but toward the end of the book these three voices seemed to mesh better. But again, it was hard to pict
Carey
Nov 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Hunted is an amazing sequel...it had just as much suspense and emotional connections between characters as Chosen. (I was especially touched by Emma and Jake's "connection.") The pace remains fast (much like Emma's mad driving skills) and you are left breathless and wanting more. The story keeps unfolding and I can't imagine what will happen next. I am anxiously awaiting the 3rd book in the series!
Yvonne
Dec 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
What an awesome ending! This started off a little slow and I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy it as much as the first but the ending was nuts!! I have to know what happens...on to book #3.

FYI...Austin books club pals...this series has a super romance but nothing too wild and it's a just a bit more focused on the action vs the "steam".
Katrina  Harris
Sep 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011, thriller
Denise -- I think you have a true winner on your hands -- and thank you for allowing me to be a part of it! Now. Get cranking on book 3 -- that cliff hanger was Hunger Games worthy!!!
Shazza_d2002hotmail.Com
Fantastic

Great continuation of Emma’s story can’t wait to read the next part of Emma’s story !! So many twists and turns just has you on the end of your seat
Ashley Maude-Lecholat
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hunted - the second book in the Chosen series was fantastic! I love the ex-marine turned bad-boy Will and though at times it was a little silly how much this "spell" or "curse" forced him to protect Emma I still fell for it. I love the way Will thinks, takes action, and supports Emma. In this book, Emma begins to see glimpses of her super-natural powers. The last chapters just opened the whole book up for me. I would read and be thinking "oh wow... no way... that makes sense... who IS this guy.. ...more
Dee Avila
Dec 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Most reviews I have read start with the blurb off the back cover. I don't think I ever have so for my first time I'm going to share the blurb from Goodreads and then tell you what a roller coaster ride this author takes you on with these characters. The blurb from Goodreads:

Deeds
Jan 27, 2013 rated it liked it
This book picks up with Emma and Will after their escape.

At first it seemed like it would be as good as the first book (although I had some issues with the first one, I still enjoyed it). This one; however, felt as though the author were just trying to give Emma every advantage at her disposal while giving her rationale for being a bitchy, manipulative, irritating character. It felt like the major twink of twinks giving her sudden powers. Sure she struggled to learn how to control them and sure
BookHookup
Feb 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Celeste’s review:
Summary: Wow. Nail. Biter. What a ride, but it was great! This book picked up right where Chosen left off. Emma and Will have just escaped the compound where they were being held captive. They are now on the run and desperate to find Emma’s son, Jake, who had been kidnapped by different people. At the same time they hope to find some answers as to why anyone would want Jake or Emma in the first place….all they want is to live in peace. Of course, the “bad men” are still af
Annette M Guerriero Nishimoto
Nov 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Today's review is on Hunted by Denise Grover Swank

Hunted is the second book in Swank's The Chosen series. This continuing adventure had me on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen next.

Now that Emma and Will have escaped from the compound of the Vinco Potentia they are once again on the run. Between trying to stay one step ahead of them and the other group that wants Emma dead, the danger's become more heated in more ways than one. Emma begins to have oth
Trisha Leigh
Nov 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
It's always a nerve wracking thing, to pick up a sequel. Will it let you down? Will it be mostly filler? Will ti take the characters to places you won't like, or that make you unhappy with the direction they're headed?
In HUNTED's case, it's none of the above. The book has substance, and instead of leaving us in the dark as we head toward a final book in a series, it answers plenty of the questions left unanswered by CHOSEN. Of course, plenty more questions pop up in their wake, but they pr
Lissa
Nov 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I was captivated by Swank's writing with her Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes and so was moved to give this series a try, though paranormal is not my usual genre. To say I was not disappointed is a terrible understatement. I was absolutely hooked by the first (Chosen) and waited rather impatiently for the second, Hunted. This story is fast-paced and the characters are absolutely wonderful. The way Swank reveals aspects of the mystery and story are masterful and I lost more than a little sleep read ...more
Pamela
"Hunted" is a great sequel to "Chosen." It's still fast-paced, packed with action, drama, suspense, and romance. The ending was quite surprising as I didn't really see it coming. The only thing that bugged me was Emma; the way she treated Will and the way she flip-flopped when it came to her feelings about him. It felt as though she only considered his feelings when it suited her.

At one point I wanted to tell her to shut up! Will is doing his best to fly a small plane at night in a storm and sh
Megan
Dec 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book is a satisfying sequel to an amazing first book! Not did the storyline evolve, but so did the characters- in their personalities, relationships, etc. I didn't think I would come to like the characters any more than I had in the first book, but I did! I truly consider each of them to be a close friend. I look forward to the last book in this series, "Sacrifice", to see what happens to the characters I love so much and how the paranormal element evolves.

I also recommend Chosen, Here, an
Monique
Aug 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys a good mystery as well as a little romance.
There was no way that I couldn't keep going with this series. There was so much I needed to know.

Emma and Will are back! Yay, I love this couple. She is not someone to mess with and Will is just gorgeous! He is every girls hero.

The main story though is exciting and enticing, keeps you on your toes guessing what is next.

I am kicking myself I didn't read this series earlier, but the best part is, I don't have to wait for the next book. Its waiting for me to star
Janelle
Apr 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Chosen, so I was excited to see how the story continued in Hunted, and I wasn't disappointed!

The thrill ride of action and emotions continued in this book, leaving me breathless and wanting more in the end. I must admit, I would've been very agitated (in a good way!) if I didn't have Sacrifice ready to read as soon as I finished this as it leaves on a -huge- cliffhanger!

I loved Will and Emma and especially loved getting Jake's point of view.

T.K.
Aug 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Denise Grover Swank is quickly becoming a favorite with me! Here's another page-turner that kept me up 'til 1:30am and demanded I purchase Sacrifice immediately. Must Read!!!!
Marsha
Mar 11, 2019 rated it liked it
(2.50 Stars)
I really do enjoy the writing of Denise Grover Swank and was completely awed by "Chosen" the first story in this series. However, if I am totally honest with myself, "Hunted" wasn't as good as the first book because the story line became a little convoluted and over the top.

Initially, our story evolves around Will and Emma searching for her kidnapped son, Jake. Two factions have decided that one wants Jake and the other wants Emma. Will is her protector and lover wi
Amanda
Nov 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Short review. Action packed second installment. I really struggle with this book not because it wasn't good but because of some of things that went down that had me nearly not finishing book nor the series. I think that love triangle between Will, Emma and Raphael did more harm than good to Emma's character. Not only does it weaken her character but it also makes her unlikable to the point that I started to agree with Will's friend James about dumping her, the saving grace for Emma is her love f ...more
Jayme Carruthers
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I say it about every book Denise Grover Swank writes, but wow. This was the second book in the Chosen series, which is listed as "Adult Urban Fantasy". Not my normal genre, but this author has me crossing the lines.

I love the depth that DGS continues to give these characters in the second installation. Book one I mentioned falling in love with Will. This book actually gave a lot more background on him, which I was quite thankful for.

Few authors can commit to such detail in their work, but
Amanda
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Immediately after finishing the first book in this series I started this one. I think I enjoyed this one a little more than the first since I had time to warm up to the paranormal stuff and create a bond with Emma, Will and Jake. I started to enjoy Jake's character more in this book, as he felt more like a little boy to me. There were definitely times in this book that I wanted to punch Emma, but all of the events throughout the book helped carry along the story. I wanted to cry at the end after ...more
Khrista Baxter
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Game Changer

Hunted is a very appropriate tittle for the second installment of the Chosen series. This a a very fast paced book that sound and twists and makes you constantly guess at what is going on and why.
Emma is coming into her powers and trying to navigate this new world she has found herself in. Emma has so many questions and the answers are few.
Will is being pushed to his limits with trying to keep Emma safe, trying to stay ahead of the two groups after them all the while trying to
Laila Nelke
I enjoyed this book as much as the first one. I hate predictable books and none of Denise Grover Swank's books is predictable. This wasn't an exception. Another incredible nail biter book keeping me awake almost all night being unable to put it down. Action, thrill, supernatural packed with incredible amazing characters and they seem so real you just live with them all the way trough shocking, terrible and heartbreaking experiences.
The good thing is I don't have to wait for next book, it's
Andrea Hastings
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The Hunted was an excellent second addition to the Chosen series. I was not disappointed with the action, suspense, and mystery. The ending left me excited then heartbroken and ready for more. Emma and Will are fantastic characters. They both have depth and emotion. They make bad decisions and have trust issues which make them more realistic.
The Homecoming (the short story at the end of this book) offered great insight into Will and his backstory. I am now able to understand so much about Will
Samantha Malstrom
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great series!! The new depth to this story line is amazing. I was already interested in the continuation of this story from the first book but now that a new element has come into play, I am beyond excited to see where the story goes next. I like how there were similar situations that occurred in the first book but they were also very different and not just a repeat of the first book. I also love seeing Emma adjust to everything that is thrown at her and I know she will just become stronger in t ...more
Niv
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
I didn’t enjoy the first book but I decided to continue the series anyway.

This book picks up a few weeks after the first book. Jake is still missing and Emm and Will need to find him. We meet a few new and important chapters in this books, but they’re all pretty despicable.

I don’t like the main character Emma at all. She gets mad and is snarky just for the sake of being combative. No other reason but she feels like she needs to say no.

The plot took an even weirder turn than it had in the firs
Emily Martin
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Emma finally gets answers in this book, though not the ones she was looking for. Emma's journey to finding Jake seems to be one step forward, two steps back. Will eventually recruits the help of his lifelong friend, James. James and Emma have a rocky start and Emma's not sure she can trust him, especially after he sees her using her new found powers. Emma is as strong as ever in this captivating book which I just couldn't put down! I never thought I'd be a fan of Urban Fantasy!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Reign of Mist (Book of Sindal Book Two)
  • Descended from Shadows (Book of Sindal Book One)
  • Crown of Blood (Book of Sindal 3)
  • Of Fire and Storm: A Curse Keeper Novel (Of Ash and Spirit Trilogy #2)
  • Of Blood and Monsters (Piper Lancaster Series)
  • Of Ash and Spirit (Of Ash and Spirit Trilogy #1)
  • Recombinant (The Blood Borne #1)
  • Replica (The Blood Borne #2)
  • Warrior Fae Princess (Warrior Fae, #2)
  • Dark Hunt (Shadow and Light, #1)
  • Dark Bound (Shadow and Light, #2)
  • Warrior Fae Trapped (Warrior Fae, #1)
  • Fearless: A Vision of Vampires 4
  • Caged Wolf (The Tarot Witches, #1)
  • Forbidden Witches (The Tarot Witches, #2)
  • Dark Rise (Shadow and Light #3)
  • Dream Wars: Obliteration (Dream Wars, #3)
  • Dark Curse (Shadow and Light #5)

The Chosen (4 books)
  • Chosen (The Chosen, #1)
  • Sacrifice (The Chosen, #3)
  • Redemption (The Chosen, #4)