Start by marking “Destined Mate (Werewolf Mates, #1)” as Want to Read:
Destined Mate (Werewolf Mates, #1)

Destined Mate (Werewolf Mates #1)

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  386 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
Almost a century ago, Angela Lavigne and Alpha werewolf Knox had a shared a passion neither could control. Then Angela was turned into a vampire and disappeared.

The last thing Knox expects is for Angela to show up on his doorstep on a rescue mission, as sexy and irresistible as ever. And he can sense how much she still wants him, too. She's gone against both their species'
Published October 1st 2011 by Harlequin Nocturne Cravings (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Destined Mate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Destined Mate

Erika
2.5 stars. Eh. Not so great. I am not sure if the writing style is representative of Reus or not since I haven't read any other books of hers. But, I simply didn't feel the connection between the H/h. Angela was annoying. I don't know if this is the way Reus writes "strong" heroines, but to me, it just felt like she was throwing tantrums. The sex scenes were told in a flat and boring way. I have read other novellas so I know it is possible to accomplish connection/intimacy in a short story. Reus ...more
Mara
Jan 28, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr, novella
I find somewhat difficult to rate this novella. I read it because Cynthia Eden has talked about Ms Reus's next book. Before buying it, I wanted to gauge if I might like her way of writing.

Color me surprised when I realized that this story is very, very similar to Bound in Sin.
It spoiled the reading for me.
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
Oct 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Do you like sexy vampires and werewolves with non-stop action and romance? Destined Mate is a novella you can sink your teeth into then!

Two hundred years ago Angela Lavigne fled her home and her love when she was turned into a vampire against her will. Knowing her lover’s intense hate of vampires she couldn’t take the chance of him killing her, so she disappeared never expecting to see him again. When Angela believes her friend and fellow vampire is kidnapped though by a pack of werewolves she s
Christi Snow
Mar 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
My Review:

As a human, Angela had been Knox's lover and she was well aware of his deep-seeded hatred of vampires. So when she was brutally attacked and turned into one, she didn't want to put either of them through that trauma knowing he would more than likely kill her as a result. That was 90 years ago and Angela hasn't seen him since and has no idea that he changed all of his opinions after she was changed. The only thing that she knows is that Knox's pack is holding one of her best friends and
Carolyn  Storer
Oct 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on Book Chick City.

When Angela is turned into a vampire against her will, her only thought is to run. The love of her life hates vampires so instead of confronting him and seeing that hate in his eyes, she decides to leave everything she knows and head out on her own. But when her friend is kidnapped, Angela has to go back to the one place she never thought she'd go again.

When alpha werewolf, Knox sets his eyes on Angela after ninety years, his feelings come rushing back. He n
PJ
3 'Destined' Stars

Dual POV
Shifter Romance
Novella
Standalone Series

Destined Mate by Katie Reus is a Second-Chance Romance between human to vampire Angela and Knox, a powerful Alpha werewolf.

This is a novella, so there's not much time to fully draw in readers and explore the histories between Knox and Angela. But, it does succeed, if only briefly. Just not as much as it could have, say if it shifted between the past at the pair's first meeting and the very tense present where Angela is caught tres
Wendy *Sebella Blue* Mitchell
Ladies, gentleman, and genders of indeterminate origins……read this story. It was HOT!! Very well written, with a kick ass heroine that I whole heartedly approved of. Angela was fearless, loyal and not afraid to throw hands with the big boys. She was also intelligent enough to stop and weigh her options and not wade in recklessly, unless that was the only way. Knox was a superb example of what an Alpha should be. Dominant, compassionate when the occasion called for it and ruthless when he needed ...more
Alyssa Nelson
Nov 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a short novella, so this will be a short review. Destined Mate gives you all of the good stuff without any of the fluff. There was just enough back story to make me interested and invested in the characters, and there were quite a few hot and heavy scenes that I greatly enjoyed.

I would have liked for there to have been a bit more groundwork laid for the fight between the vampires and werewolves, but overall I liked the story. The characters were easy to relate to, the romance was well-pa
Maura
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
originally posted at http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

'Twilight' has it wrong. Apparently, werewolves metabolisms aren't as fast as we were led to believe because Angela, our leading lady, manages to drop them, quite skillfully I might add, with tranquilizers as she breaks into their compound to rescue her friend. Despite that, she still manages to get herself caught and finds herself right back in the arms of the love of her life (who she has been hiding from for 90 years). The only prob
Talina Perkins
Dec 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Destined Mate was a sensual feel good read despite the tension filled confrontations between the werewolves and vampires. The connection between the two main characters ignited the moment both met up after ninety years of separation. Given the amount of time apart I really thought they would have a harder time reconnecting, yet in this novella I saw how true love can really stand the test of time. Cliche maybe, but it worked for Knox and Angela's story. Another theme that stood out to me was the ...more
Juniper
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 stars! Stunning. Epic. Thrilling. Captivating.

I absolutely LOVE this novella! Yes, it is very similar to Cynthia Eden's Bound In Sin, but it definitely has its own original, spectacular, distinct traits. I thought the mythology of the mating was very unique and fantastic! And the character development of Knox and Angela was brilliant. Their love and passion for each other really blazed and shone in the story, practically leaping off the page.

Angela:

Knox:

This is probably my favorite Katie R
Sandy S
Apr 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
DESTINED MATE by Katie Reus

DESTINED MATE is another novella written by erotic romance author Katie Reus. For 90 years, werewolf Alpha leader Knox has been searching for the only woman he has ever loved-Angela ‘Angel’ Lavigne-a vampire. But the vampires and werewolves have been at war for thousands of years. When she appears on wolf-pack property searching for a missing female vampire, it is Knox who takes a stand, hoping to lure the run-away vampire, back to his den.

90 years earlier Angela Lavig
Dahlia (yadkny)
Jul 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance Lovers
Angela is on what has the potential to be a suicide mission and possibly start a war between vampires and werewolves. To some this might be considered a really stupid thing to do, but to Angela this mission is worth the risk. The plan is simple – just bypass forest security and rush the prison doubling as a mansion where the werewolves live and rescue her friend. After that she has no clue what to do next in her rescue attempt, but at least she won't have to make that decision alone once she fin ...more
Romancing the Book
Feb 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, romance
Reviewed By~April
Review Copy Provided By~Author

I found Destined Mate to be a quick and enjoyable read that fit well into my love of the paranormal genre. Though short, author Katie Reus spins a well told and highly descriptive tale of love - forbidden between werewolf and vampire. Add a dose of sizzle, an action packed fight and destiny - no matter how against the grain it may be - and you have one heck of a story.

Knox is a sensual, strong and stubborn Alpha werewolf. Angela is a strong-headed
Elaine
Jan 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Angela has been hiding from Knox for decades. She knows how much the Alpha werewolf hates vampires and cannot face the idea of her former lover killing her. Only the kidnapping of her friend gives her the courage to risk her heart and her life by seeing him again.

Knox has hated vampires since they destroyed his family centuries before. He believes they are all evil and should be killed on sight. That is until his lover is turned against her will.

He has searched for her for decades without succes
Tania
Mar 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
"Destined Mate" by Katie Reus. A paranormal romance novella.

I really enjoyed this little novella! Hot and steamy, loving and caring, action packed. What more could you ask for? The characters of Knox and Angela were just right together. Even though this story is novella length, Ms. Reus gave just enough background to the characters to understand their history and understand the feelings they have toward each other. Each characters was very well rounded out.

Angela is a vampire and she's making th
Vanessa theJeepDiva
When Angela was turned into a vampire against her will ninety years ago she knew her life was about to experience some major changes. The first of which was she had to get as far away from her vampire hating werewolf lover Knox as fast as she possibly could if she expected to live another day. She knew Knox’s hatred for vampires very well. Angela knew that he would never accept her in her new form. Without a second thought she ran, she ran far.

Knox is not one to pass up an opportunity. The thous
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
My Rating:3.5 stars: Liked it a lot - recommend (B+)

Full Review at my blog here: http://www.twimom227.com/2011/12/revi...

Destined Mate is an enjoyable novella-length, stand alone story. Due to the shortened length, there isn’t much background on the two primary species: werewolves and vampires. However, Ms. Reus sprinkles the story with facts about her creations, giving the tale a enough complexity to keep up interest and feed my curiosity.

The story has two major conflicts, first when Angela co
Katie Michaels
Oct 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
If you are searching for a sexy, supernatural short story, you don't need to look any further. "Destined Mate" is what a novella should be. It has a basic, single conflict and clearly defined characters. It's entertaining, engaging, and hot.

90 years ago, Angela was a human woman and crazy-in-love with Alpha werewolf, Knox. But she was turned into a vampire against her will. She was so sure he would reject her, that she ran. Now, on a mission to find a missing friend, she crosses paths with him a
Stacy
Oct 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Angela and Knox where in love a long time ago and then Angela was turned into a vampire against her will and took off. Knox hated everything and everyone having to do with vampires and Angela didn't want him to see her as that so she left without notice. Now Angela has turned back up in his life and Knox refuses to let her go.

DESTINED MATE was a quick easy read. I kinda wish it was longer so I could enjoy it a little longer. I really enjoyed the main characters Angela and Knox. They were both se
Lexie
Jan 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Prelim Review: This is a short to the point novella, which is what I was craving so it fit the bill. Much of the character's tension as a couple is dispelled pretty quickly because they have a whole history together shattered by some misunderstandings. Its obvious from the first reunion that Knox wasn't going to roll over and let Angela go, and despite her protests (the lady doth protest too much eh?) Angela was more than willing to stay with him.

That sort of certainty is fine and dandy, but mak
Jane
3.5 Stars!

I probably would have rated 4 if it weren't for it's such short length. I felt like something was missing, a little bit of history between them, some flashbacks, maybe even a longer epilogue...

For a novella it was pretty good at tackling the conflict of the vampire vs. werewolf. I lied the beginning especially and I though that Reus started off the book pretty well. The pace was great too, considering the short length.

If you're looking for something that is fast paced, HEA, mixed with
Tina
Aug 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wow...this was a sexy and fast paced read. This novella captures the reader from beginning to end. The downside is that the story is over just as it begins. I always love a cross species romance and what better story than a vampire and werewolf. I would definitely read this one again. Enough said!

Katie Reus is the must author to read. Don't sleep on her.
ZETTER
Finding Home!!!

Knox and Angela......What a beautiful story!

Loved how they never stopped loving each other despite the long separation......and because of circumstances they were apart for so long.

Knox not letting Angel (as he calls her) go after she literally drops back into his life was beautiful done.
Amy R
Sep 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a quick read as a novella but you get the same great writing from Katie Reus. It was a sensual read about a vampire and werewolf who were destined to be mates, but took them 90 years to finally get their happy ever after.
Kimberly
Oct 12, 2011 rated it liked it
3 Blue Ribbons - Sensual, exciting and entertaining, DESTINED MATE is sure to delight fans of paranormal romance.

Read the full review here: http://romancejunkiesreviews.com/artm...
Sonali Rakesh
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This story reminded me of something I have read earlier. But, the way it's written is new, beautiful and captivating and enjoyed reading every word. I'm definitely going to read more of her stories.
Jasmine
Feb 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Short, sweet and sexy! That's all I can say.
Bev
Aug 28, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novella, paranormal
  • Demon's Slave
  • Rapture at Midnight (Cynn Cruor Bloodline #1)
  • The Djinn's Dilemma
  • Claimed by Desire (Isle of Feralon, #1)
  • Kisri (And the Beast, #2)
  • Immortal, Insatiable, Indomitable
  • Heavenly Lover (The Guardians, #1)
  • The Vampire's Consort
  • Taken by the Vampire King (Vampire Warrior Kings, #3)
  • Bound in Sin (Bound, #3)
  • Covert Desires (Alpine Woods Shifters, #5)
  • Claiming His Mate (Crescent Moon, #2)
  • The Fever and The Fury (Mythica #6)
  • A Kiss Before Dying
  • Curve Charm (Wolf Clan, #2)
  • Bound to Be Taken (Rock Wood Pack #2)
  • This Glamorous Evil
  • Kiss of Darkness (Dark Bonds, #1)
Katie Reus is the New York Times, USA Today, & IndieReader bestselling author of the Red Stone Security series, the Moon Shifter series and the Deadly Ops series. She fell in love with romance at a young age thanks to books she pilfered from her mom's stash. Years later she loves reading romance almost as much as she loves writing it. However, she didn't always know she wanted to be a writer. ...more
More about Katie Reus...

Werewolf Mates (2 books)
  • Protector's Mate (Werewolf Mates, #2)