Start by marking “Before the White Rose” as Want to Read:
Before the White Rose

Before the White Rose

Three people learn that love is precious and life is short. Read Vicki Hinze’s never-before-published short story, Before the White Rose and, as a bonus, lengthy excerpts from three Hinze novels--the mystically romantic Seascape Trilogy: Beyond a Mystic Shore, Upon a Mystic Tide, and Beside a Dreamswept Sea. All three novels are being re-issued by Bell Bridge Books in mult ...more
Published September 19th 2011 by Bell Bridge Books

To ask other readers questions about Before the White Rose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Before the White Rose

Rachel Heather Sangster
Aug 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was incredibly short and sweet, but still managed to deliver an important message of never giving up, something good could be just around the corner.
It takes around 10 minutes to finish, but will stay with you a while longer. I think it has the potential to be a long hard-hitting novel if the author ever wanted to expand it, even knowing how it ends I would still read a novel version.
MarytheBookLover
Sep 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
My Opinion:

This is a very touching story. I,for one,sat back and thought about my own life and how things could be improved. This story dives into the possibility realm and things we might like to not live through. Vicki is a fantastic writer and an inspiration to me. I really enjoyed the story. It is a short story about three lives that come intersecting together in their darkest moments. I think it was a story that needed to be written. It’s a story of hope and despair and the amazing realizat
Lisa
Nov 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Darn, this was too short! I love the message of the story but I won't say what it is because it might spoil it for prospective readers. But the category of the message would be hope. No matter how awful life seems, when it looks like you have nothing to live for, hang in there.

Included are excerpts to Hinze's Seashore trilogy. I only read the first because I didn't want to read any spoilers, in case they follow the same characters. The first one is good and I look forward to reading the rest whe
Ginger
The main story in this book takes about 20 mins to read. The other parts of the book are 3 Chapter sneak peaks of this author's trilogy.
The main story was okay to me, a bit different than I was expecting. I'm willing to try her other works.
Charlene
Dec 01, 2011 rated it did not like it
I feel a bit duped. I understand an author offering a book at a reduced price or even free to gain recognition and interest readers in buying additional books. I had seen Vicki Hinze's books on Goodreads and wanted to try one to see if she might be an author I would enjoy. This $0.89 priced short story seemed a good way to check her out. The short story is pleasant enough but, in my opinion not worth even the minimal charge. It certainly didn't impress me enough to read the excerpts of the three ...more
Brooke
Sep 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: free, kindle
I knew this was a short story, but it was SUPER short! I finished it in maybe 10 minutes? I enjoyed it. Maybe because of things that have happened recently in my own life.

I did not read the excerpts from her other novels because I have at least one on my Kindle that I downloaded for free.
Nancy Silk
Jan 12, 2012 rated it it was ok
Short, short story. Was not comfortable with the writing style. Repetitive stories of each character makes you realize you already know the ending. Can be spiritual for some, but...I'm not going to hang around a graveyard after I pass on. I already know what my job will be on the other side!
Denisa Howe
Feb 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This tore at my heart... Left me with a lot of thoughts. Wonderful read, dear to my heart. Three stories within one... Awesome
Rosann
Nov 06, 2011 rated it liked it
First book "Before the White Rose"; very good, love it. 2nd story .. it was ok, couldnt get into the last story.
Roxanne
Julie Arduini
Oct 21, 2011
Megan Di Giovanni
Mar 30, 2015
Vicki is the USA TODAY bestselling and award-winning author of nearly 40 novels, 4 nonfiction books and hundreds of articles. She's recognized as an author and as an educator by Who's Who in America and Who's Who in the World. For seven years, she was a columnist for Social-In Global Network; before then, a radio-talk show host for Everyday Woman.

The former VP for International Thriller Writers,