Start by marking “The Danger Next Door (Anne Lambert Mysteries, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Danger Next Door (Anne Lambert Mysteries, #1)

The Danger Next Door

(Anne Lambert Mysteries #1)

3.29  ·  Rating details ·  31 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
When Anne Lambert first moves to London she’s intent on enjoying her first experience living in a foreign country. Her busy new life takes a wrong turn, however, when a chance encounter with her next door neighbor drags her into the machinations of London’s upper class.

Jimmy Soames is stinking rich and from one of England’s oldest aristocratic families, but he’s also an u
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 162 pages
Published August 31st 2011 by Post Hoc Publishing (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Danger Next Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Danger Next Door

Pat
Dec 17, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
www.murder is a very pleasant way to while away an afternoon or two. The main character, Anne, muddles convincingly through the mystery with the humorous help of her co-workers. Throw in an English country house, a public school, and an unsavory noble family for a little spice. I especially liked the descriptions of the settings for a bit of story grounding. I enjoyed the book and characters enough that I'm hoping for a sequel. I received a complimentary copy of this book in order to review it.
Sharon
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
After reading The Gostynin Shul by the same author I was disappointed in this book. The characters were not well developed and at times seemed not too bright. The plot was not well thought out in my view.
Ann
Sep 11, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book was OK. Anne Lambert is working in the city of London. She overhears her neighbor arguing with someone and this starts a creepy, rather unrealistic adventure. Her neighbor is a psychologist and is weird and spooky. One of his patients ends up dead and the doctor threatens Anne but she allows herself to be taken out by him, she follows him, she breaks into his office. The author doesn't make her a very strong heroine and it isn't my cup of tea.
N. Kuhn
Mar 14, 2014 rated it liked it
This was a decent mystery, but slightly transparent. You can see what's coming, when and I really wasn't into Anne. I felt that she was a little dumb at times. How she's considered the woman slueth in this, I don't know. I feel like she didn't do much except accidentally fall into what's going on. It's a lite read, not too deep, maybe a quaint way to pass an afternoon. But if you're looking for something deep and complex, move on.
Debbie
Jan 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Bad Neighbor

Anne Lambert's neighbor is someone she wants to avoid. He's creepy in a snobby kind of way and has a definite weird vibe about him. The neighbor, Dr Davidson, has a patient, Jimmy Soames, who visits his apartment regularly. Within the following week, Soames is drowned. Suspicious things involving the doctor follow. This was a good book although the ending could have been better! I was expecting more drama. But good overall!
Adrienne Testa
Jan 30, 2012 rated it it was ok
Story is amount a computer programmer named Anne who's next door neighbor, Dr. Davidson has secrets he rather keep to himself. Unfortunately a late night visitor to the Doctor, Jimmy Soames gets Anne tangled into Dr. Davidson's secrets. Jimmy Soames gets murdered and Anne becomes the target of several attempts on her life.
Gwen Madoc
Mar 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. It is well-written. The author has a pleasant light style It is fast-paced, an easy read, with well-drawn characters. The ending I found quite exciting. I will certainly look at other books by this author.
Millie Bradshaw
Jan 13, 2015
Ruby
Oct 02, 2012
Betty
rated it did not like it
Jan 02, 2013
Sep 06, 2016
JC
Jan 19, 2015
Sequel to The Danger Next Door 1 4 Feb 10, 2012 11:10AM
Author of the Logic to the Rescue series.

Anne Lambert Mysteries (2 books)
  • The Danger Down Under (Anne Lambert Mysteries #2)