Start by marking “Redefining Diva: Life Lessons from the Original Dreamgirl” as Want to Read:
Redefining Diva: Life Lessons from the Original Dreamgirl

Redefining Diva: Life Lessons from the Original Dreamgirl

3.71  ·  Rating details ·  38 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Secrets about love, life, and Hollywood from the Tony Award-winning actress from the Broadway production of Dreamgirls in celebration of the thirtieth anniversary of the original Broadway show.

You may think that Sheryl Lee Ralph earned a legion of devoted fans and the title of Ultimate Diva by being a star of Broadway, film, and television, but Sheryl Lee believes a Diva i
Published March 13th 2012 by Gallery Books/Karen Hunter Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Redefining Diva, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Redefining Diva

Bridget
Jun 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. She is the person that I always thought she was. Respect for herself & others. She never came off as being perfect or "holier than thou". She told things about her life without giving away too much information. I love to see how she always did her best to "bow out" of situations with as much dignity as possible but yet, she let us know that she wasn't always perfect in doing so...My respect for her grew even more...Because she didn't attempt to come off as Ms. Perfect {at ...more
Cheryl
Apr 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was recommended to me by an unlikely person.... my boss.

DIVA = Divinely Inspired Victoriously Alive.

"But I do know that women have extraordinary power when they've got each other's back, and even more when they choose to knife each other in the back."

"In your lifetime, you'll dance with many different kinds of people. And I guarantee some of them will step on your toes."

"The best Diva training of all was learnint to get up, dust myself off, and just keep moving forward on the road of
Terri
Jun 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this sneak peak into Sheryl Lee Ralph. What a wonderful book that is truly inspirational.
Maya Hollinshead
Apr 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Quick and easy read. This book is mostly a biography, but has a lot of words of wisdom mixed in. Glad that Soror Sheryl Lee told her story!
Camille Turner
May 10, 2012 rated it liked it
This book had a few tidbits about the process of coming up with Dreamgirls and cast interactions. That was the highlight for me. Most of the Diva Advice is common sense.
Dominique
Apr 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very inspiring book! I encourage all women to add this book to their reading list!
Jeff Rivera
Sep 01, 2014
The Reading
Aug 11, 2012
Angela Davidson
rated it did not like it
Aug 09, 2015
Janine
Nov 20, 2016
Karen Miller
Mar 16, 2012
Original DREAMGIRL, Sheryl Lee Ralph is an acclaimed veteran of film, television and the Broadway stage.

Her award winning body of work includes creating and originating the role of Deena Jones on Broadway in the landmark musical Dreamgirls, which earned her both a Tony and Drama Desk Award Nomination for Best Actress.

On television, Sheryl Lee has starred in It's a Living, her own series New Attitu