Start by marking “Nashville Haunted Handbook” as Want to Read:
Nashville Haunted Handbook

Nashville Haunted Handbook

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  17 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Nashville Haunted Handbook is the second book in the new Haunted Handbook line within the popular America’s Haunted Road Trip series. The Haunted Handbooks are city-specific travel guides to nearly one hundred places within a major city.

Each of the places in Nashville Haunted Handbook is presented in a two-page spread that includes directions, a brief history, details abou
Published September 13th 2011 by Clerisy Press (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Nashville Haunted Handbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nashville Haunted Handbook

Sesana
Nov 04, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: horror, nonfiction, ghosts
I know that being a skeptic leaves me outside of the intended audience for books like this. But I still like reading ghost books, and I try to suspend my disbelief long enough to get a bit of a chill. I also live in the Nashville area, so I was actually excited to see something concentrated in my area. We've got some famous spooks around here, and of course they're covered. This is Bell Witch country, after all.

The layout is not quite what I'm used to. Each supposedly haunted location has a sect
Derek Tatum
Oct 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really liked the format of this book. The introduction states that the authors set out to include as many places as they could in this book, all within reasonable driving distance of Nashville. Each location listed features directions, a brief history, and a description of the haunting. There is no attempt to fictionalize the ghostly encounters; the authors merely state what allegedly occurs at each site. I also liked that there are newer hauntings listed in addition to the regional classics. ...more
Betsy Phillips
Sep 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
If you're looking for a good collection of haunted places in and around Nashville, this is simply the best book of its kind. It gives great directions for how to find these places and good advice about how best to ghost hunt there. I was especially impressed with the care the authors took to keep their readers from getting arrested.

I have some minor quibbles with the history, but I think it's good enough for a book that's serving as an introduction to these places.

All in all, really great.
Carol Cassada
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Nashville is a place I've always wanted to visit and of course I love ghosts, so when I saw this book about haunted places of Nashville I knew I had to read it.

The book is more of a handbook, it just mentions the places, it's location, website, and a brief history on the hauntings.

It was fun to read about the local restaurants, hotels, museums, and theaters that are haunted; some of which are by country musicians or Civil War soldiers.

After reading this book, I'm ready to head to Nashville to ex
Renee
Oct 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
I won this book at a ghost con in Nashville. .it has alot of interesting stories of haunted places in and around Nashville
Lacea