Start by marking “Kingdom's Edge (Kingdom, #3)” as Want to Read:
Kingdom's Edge (Kingdom, #3)

Kingdom's Edge (Kingdom #3)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  1,267 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
A Riveting Medieval Parallel to the Bible

Good and evil clash. Leinad and Cedric are determined to not only survive, but claim hope and victory! In Kingdom’s Dawn , Leinad and Tess, along with all the king’s people, must escape slavery by the powerful Lord Fairos. Kingdom’s Hope finds them free and arriving in the Chessington Valley . But when they forget the king, will Ke
Published May 1st 2006 by Multnomah (first published January 1st 1999)

Kendra Ardnek
Maybe I've just read too many brilliant allegories before coming to these ... but I just don't feel power from these. They try to cram too much into too little space and it doesn't satisfy me.
Anne Hamilton
Dec 22, 2015 rated it did not like it
At first I was delighted that I'd given this series a second chance. The writing is a vast improvement on the first two books Kingdom's Dawn and Kingdom's Hope. The opening is less allegorical and more of fantasy adventure. Top marks! It was great.

But then, as the allegorical content became more obvious, I became increasingly disturbed by what the story was presenting. The 'Jesus figure' - the Prince of this story - is a super fighter who trains his devoted band of knights in the art of swordpla
Martin lyon
Aug 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is exciting and heart stopping. It is about a man called Cedric and his friend William. They start out poor and not noble until a prince of the king makes them his knights and leads them to war. I decided to read this book because I wanted to know how peoples life was back then. I wanted to know if it was hard and miserable or if it was wonderful and fantastic. This fits to A book that teaches you about another time in history. This is a good thing to have on the bingo board because it ...more
Jessica
Jan 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This is my favorite book in the series so far and has the potential to be my favorite even after I've read the rest!

I loved the allegory in this book. It was such a wonderful depiction of everything that Christianity is founded on - God's love for us and how that affects the choices we make. I loved the parallel of Jesus ministry, death, resurrection, and even the rapture. It was so refreshing and such a challenge to my faith. When I reached the final page, I felt so enthusiastic to make th
Marklessgirl
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reread September 2017:
I still love it. This is such an amazing allegorical series. I am trying to reread all the books before Christmas. I would prefer to have it done by the end of October, but with the performance I'm in, we'll see if that happens. I don't have any of this series of my own, but my family library has all of them.

Content: one unspoken curse word, death, violence, and a man is abusive towards his family.
Sydney
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love the way that these books have taken the stories of the Bible and put them in a medieval adventure kind of setting. The only thing that bothered me with this book was that this book takes the view of the rapture and I don't believe that their will be a rapture, but other than that I really am enjoying this series.
Betty
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love the whole series!!
Henry.B
The author of the book is Chuck Black. The main idea of kingdoms edge is the sequel to kingdoms hope where the main character lenid and tess are in slaved and they break free with all the other slaves. Lenid and all the other slaves build a kingdom after some years of prosperity the kingdom soon gets corrupted by the queen soon after the places is attacked. After the fight is over the people are enslaved again lenid with the help of tess and a mysterious knight break free and soon everyone is fr ...more
Bethany
Aug 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Kingdom's Edge, book three in The Kingdom Series is full of action, adventure and Biblical allegory! One of the things that is new in the books is that in Kingdoms's Edge, we meet a new main character. This added a nice twist since the previous two book's main character is Leinad. In Kingdom's Edge the main character is Cedric, who mainly symbolizes the 12 disciples. It is nice to get to know Cedric better in Kingdom's Edge since he is the main character in the previous books prologue and epilog ...more
Gloria
Nov 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who are learning about the Bible and its characters
This is the third book in the six book series. While I am probably not the target audience, the book again captured my attention and was rather hard to put down.

This book follows Cedric. He was the narrator in the first two books and now he is sharing his own adventures. The Noble Knights have begun oppressing the people. Cedric and his friend William wish to join the Knights, but they are not of noble birth. A stranger comes to Chessington and picks them and more to be "Knights of the Prince",
Carter P.
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Kingdom's Edge
By Chuck Black

“Kingdom's Edge” by Chuck Black tells a story about Cedric, a boy from the king’s city of Chessington, became one of the trusted Noble Nights. I love this book because it is a great story about how a boy went from a disregarded peasant to a very noble night.
Cedric, through hard work and dedication along with the most powerful nights in the force, and gained trust and respect from those above who have trained him and admire how much he had worked the art of the sword.
Dylan Witzig
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Kingdom's Edge" by Chuck Black tells a story about how Cedric, a boy from the King's city of Chessington, became one of the most trusted Noble Knights. Cedric, through hard work and dedication along with the most powerful knights in the force, had gained trust and respect from those above him who had trained him and admired how much he had worked at the art of the sword. All of this work was for the King, to finish what he started, to fight other kingdoms and deliver the remaining people of His ...more
Hollyn
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: tweens
Recommended to Hollyn by: My Brother
Third Times a Charm, Right?

Well in this case third time is not the charm, in fact this one might be my least favorite. I was ready Leinad's story to be over (I was actually sad to see Leinad and Tess go) and was excited to see Cedric do something anything. But no let's do anything other than character and world department.

Cedric feels like a carbon copy of Leinad at first, boy who wants something more than this provincial life. Well he gets his chance to become a Knight if the Prince instea
Readingtween
Nov 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
My Review

This book is set a few decades after the end of Kingdom's Hope. So, that means all new characters. Which are just as good as the characters from the first two books. They take the roles of people in the bible just as before. And Chuck Black just continues the story of the bible in the fashion. Creating creatures and places to replace the originals. If you are a fantasy lover like me, this is a great book for you.

This is a great series so far. I will definitely be reading the last three
Liana
Oct 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good stuff! I really liked the beginning the most, where the Prince is introduced for the first time and shows all the cool things he can do.~ What an awesome character! I just wish his role as Jesus was longer. His trail and death retelling was too short and I wanted MOOOAAAR because he's too cool.

I'm nice that Cedric plays a big role in this story for once, as the last two books he's just the dude that gives an introduction to the story you're about to read.~ I hope he'll have more big roles i
Kori
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adventure, allegory
I was really glad to finally get past Leinad's story and find out more about the person "writing" Leinad's story. At the same time, I was sorry to leave Tess and Leinad's behind. I'd become rather attached to them.

I loved how missions based the book was. It really got the message through that the best way to win soldiers for Christ is to simply show them his love. Their wasn't a bunch of fire and brimstone preaching, or saying the Prince would give them everything they desired. They simply live
Abigail Rasmussen
In this third book of the Kingdom Series, the son of the king comes to save the people. Swords clash between the prince's followers and those who are against the prince. The battles are intense and the sword duels passionate; will the followers stay loyal to the king's son? I am on the side the prince, which side are you?
Meadow Frisbie
Dec 17, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Midevil time lovers
Shelves: fantasy, midieval
This is the first book with Cedric. Leinad and Tess had long passed away. But then a stranger, the King's Son has come to deliver them from the evil Dark Knights. But when he sees his hero murdured in from of him. Will he have the heart to go on?

The most powerful book in my opinion. Recomended for everyone.
Christy Reed
Dec 16, 2014 rated it liked it
This book was much better done than the first two. I enjoyed this one, and while the first two I never really got into, this book held my interest. It is a rather well-done Biblical allegory, and for its length I felt the plot was executed rather well. I almost gave up on the series before this book, but it helped me want to keep reading.
Bailey Marissa
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
So this is from the point of view of Cedric, the 'writer' of this series and the other one by Black. Cedric is either John or Luke, but I can't say for certain which one he is.

Also, this Jesus is kinda, well, weird...
Tierra
Jan 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the 3rd book in the series. It is an allegory for the life of Christ and his mission. The main character, Cedric, symbolizes the 12 disciples, particularly Peter. Very moving book, although I'm always moved by the story of Christ. So glad I found this series.
Katie
Nov 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Cedric's story is really neat to finally get to read, as you've been given little bits about it from the prologue and epilogue of the previous two books. And Kingdom's Edge, the third book in the series, is about Christ's coming. Love how Chuck Black portrays it all! :-)
Esther Filbrun
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone, especially over the age of 9
Recommended to Esther by: a friend
As far as action, this book isn't as good as some of Chuck Black's other books. Overall, this book is great, though--the analogies are great, and the storyline is fairly engaging. (Full review may come eventually.)
Joshua Castillo
Mar 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
I liked this book, but got confused a bit who the stranger was... I think the stranger symbolizes Jesus from the Bible. Overall, Kingdom's Edge (book 3 in the series), was a good read full of action and suspense.
Stephen
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing, I love every single part of it. I think my favorite part was at the end I will not spoil it but it is the best ending of all the books so far. I read it in less than two weeks. I hope everyone likes it as much as I did!!!!
Austin
Jan 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Chuck Black fans
Shelves: knights
Another book that I liked in this series. I was disappointed that this book didnt follow Leniad like the first two did. This book was really fast paced. Almost to fast for my liking. I wish these books were longer.
Redwallcrazy- My God is Healer, Awesome in Power!
Really good, really well done.
Andrew
May 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book is truly a good book and I like it's series .
Angela
Jan 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 10+
Awesome book... again, very fast-paced. It's amazing what this author can manage to fit in less than 150 pages! An awesome allegory, can't wait to read this series again.
  • Isle of Fire (Isle of Swords, #2)
  • The Heart of Arcrea (The Arcrean Conquest, #1)
  • Shadow in the Deep (Binding of the Blade #3)
  • The Bones of Makaidos (Oracles of Fire, #4)
  • Annison's Risk (Adventures in Odyssey: Passages, #3)
  • Mystery of the Silver Coins (Viking Quest, #2)
  • The Bridge
  • To Darkness Fled (Blood of Kings, #2)
  • Return to Alastair (Tahn Dorn #2)
202312
Chuck Black first wrote Kingdom’s Edge to inspire his children to read the Bible with renewed zeal. This captivating expanded parable led him to write the Old Testament allegories, Kingdom’s Dawn, Kingdom’s Hope, Kingdom’s Call, and Kingdom’s Quest. Chuck's currents works include the Knights of Arrethtrae series, Call to Arms, and his series in progress, Wars of the Realm.

Chuck is a former F-16 fi
More about Chuck Black...

Kingdom (6 books)
  • Kingdom's Dawn (Kingdom, #1)
  • Kingdom's Hope (Kingdom, #2)
  • Kingdom's Call (Kingdom, #4)
  • Kingdom's Quest (Kingdom, #5)
  • Kingdom's Reign (Kingdom, #6)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Once Dead (The Rho Agenda Inception #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Harmony Black (Harmony Black, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cloud Atlas
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Galápagos
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Thirteen
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Mark of Fire (The Endarian Prophecy #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Star (The Collected Stories of Arthur C. Clarke, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreamsongs. Volume I (Dreamsongs, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Lethal Velocity : A Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Glass Spare (The Glass Spare, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Haunting Season
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Season of Wonder (The Remnants, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Second Ship (The Rho Agenda, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
“Life was hard. Life was good. Most folks think this a contradiction, but I have learned that the hardest, most difficult times of my life caused the most growth in my character.” 22 likes
“I followed Him for His wisdom. But served Him for His goodness.” 14 likes