Start by marking “Symbiota Sapiens” as Want to Read:
Symbiota Sapiens

Symbiota Sapiens

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  14 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
This is the story of Jeremey, a young man who is chosen by an ancient society to join their ranks to guide humanity to its destiny. Ancient technology and enhancements in his body can make him powerful, and immortal...but his new duties will require him to leave his friend Julian to fend for himself.

What happens when Jeremey and Julian run away from the future that has bee
Kindle Edition
Published (first published September 12th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Symbiota Sapiens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Symbiota Sapiens

Mark Kendrick
Oct 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
It's refreshing to find new authors who manage to surprise me right out of their starting gate. P.T. Dean has done that.

Symbiota Sapiens has all of my favorite motifs in it. It's a wonderful blend of sci-fi, a dash of fantasy, an action/adventure story, and most importantly (to me), it's also a wonderful M/M love story. As the story's action heats up, the love story heats up as well. You will be sucked right in to their dilemma and right into the two main characters' love for one another.

The sto
Elisa Rolle
I was a little hesitant to read this novel since, well, I’m not really into heavy sci-fi stuffs, and not only the title, but also the blurb, implied this was that type of novel; plus I think I have read somewhere this is supposed to be only first book in a series… so, yes, I was biased. But the author was really quick in making me changing idea, almost from chapter one. True, Jeremey and Julian find themselves involved in a pretty heavy and dangerous situation (that btw it’s more dark fantasy th ...more
Charly
Nov 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Complex and interesting science fiction

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 7/10

PROS:
- I thought the plot was incredibly interesting. It kept me completely off balance for the first several chapters, and then even after I figured out the gist of the story, I was never bored. There are some definite parallels to the Matrix storyline, but this has some clever twists and unique developments.
- Julian is nerdy and adorable. He’s very intelligent and is into
Gerry Burnie
Gerry B's Book Reviews - http://gerrycan.wordpress.com

“Symbiota Sapiens” [Amazon Digital Services, 2011] is the epic debut novel of author P.T. Dean. It is an ambitious work to cut one’s teeth on, but Dean does a remarkable job of just that with only a few exceptions.

The story line is a complex one, almost as if the author was challenging himself, but I never had a problem following it throughout. He also uses some literary devices I have never come across before, i.e. the use of italics, bold f
Star
Apr 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Symbiota Sapiens is a very unusual, but entertaining sci-fi/fantasy novel. Imagine you discover you've been made immortal, but you have to leave everyone you love behind. This happened to Jeremey and he's unwilling and unable to leave his almost-step-brother, Julian for any reason. Since their respective parents died while going on a date, Jeremey has watched over and raised Julian.

Now Jeremey is changing and he's got to do everything to keep Julian safe. They are both caught up in the struggles
Xander
Mar 19, 2012 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars really. Dont get me wrong, i really loved the premise. I loved the original version even more the first time i read it a couple of years ago or so online. It was called Symbiota Sapiens. Im not really sure why the book was changed so much. I mean Jeremy and Julian were brothers. Not quasi-stepbrothers or "friends". Besides that all the sex scenes were deleted. I can only guess the author wanted to make the book more PG-13 or something, but i just didnt enjoy it as much.
Kimberly
Feb 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I totally loved this book! Mystery, intrigue, action, and oh yes, M/M romance. Hope to read more about these two and the world they're in.
David