Start by marking “Competition” as Want to Read:
Competition

Competition (Courting #5)

3.3  ·  Rating details ·  30 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Alternate Cover Edition for ISBN: 9781301294756

Officer Joshua Dabbs and his husband, lawyer Garrison Williams, met while serving in the U.S. Marine Corps ten years ago. Their lives are very different now than from when they first started dating: they're out of the Corps and the closet, they're married and own a house, and they're getting ready to adopt two kids through the
Published September 17th 2011 by J. Rocci

To ask other readers questions about Competition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Competition

J.M. Cartwright
Sep 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
J. Rocci opens a window into the lives of committed couple Garrison and Josh, whom we've seen before in the author's Courting series. Garrison and Josh have different personalities, which come through even in this short story, and they mesh together in the way of lovers who've been together for a while. It's ten years on for the two men, and they're soon to be parents, preparing for a new life as a family. In the meantime, a competition begins, with the winner earning the basement space for eith ...more
Lena Grey
Sep 28, 2011 rated it liked it
I've followed Josh and Garrison through their courtship, engagement, marriage, and their decision to adopt children; I never grow tired of hearing about them. My admiration for them grows exponentially with each story because of their loving commitment to each other. Josh and Garrison don't need hot sex scenes in their stories to demonstrate their feelings; these amazing men make love every time they look at each other.

I enjoyed reading about their trip to DC; I live in Northern Virginia and am
Tam
Oct 11, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
This is book 5 in the “Courting” series which follows Garrison and Josh’s life. They are now happily married and waiting for their adoption to come though and living the good life. When their friend convinces them to participate in the Marine marathon in Washington, it gives Garrison the opportunity to indulge his competitive side, and it also gives the guys a chance to go back to their old haunts when they first got together when Garrison was out of the marines but Josh was still in.

I have only
Serena Yates
Sep 21, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: gay
It was great to 'check in' with Josh and Garrison again. I've followed them for a while now, and I always enjoy finding out about their newest adventures. This one was a great mix between humor, some serious competition, a few thoughtful moments and a very romantic ending. I can definitely say that I look forward to the next installment!

NOTE: This book was provided by Torquere Press for the purpose of a review.
Nic
Mar 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, free
This short story was free on Smashwords. I haven't read the earlier short stories about this same couple but this was a nice story regardless of not knowing the background. It is about love between two people who are in a committed relationship. They take a trip to compete in a marathon and as they tour around DC, they reminisce about some of their earlier days.
Sadonna
Nov 05, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: pdf, mm
Really nice story about some former marines. Lovely way to handle the discussion/remembrance of how things have changed in the last 10 years. Hope we get to see them again in a continuation of their lives since they are in the process of adoption kids.
Kiki
Oct 06, 2011 rated it liked it
3.5
cmbookdiva
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am so hooked on these guys and I'm so glad to meet them through the beautiful words of J. Rocci.
Joanne
Yvonne
Jul 23, 2013
MsMiz (Tina)
Nov 11, 2011
Since 2006, J. Rocci has published LGBT romance stories, ranging from contemporary to steampunk to fantasy. Rocci currently lives near Washington D.C. with the love of her life and their furry children, and loves giving her characters happy endings.

You can find Rocci on the web at:

Monthly newsletter