Start by marking “The Training of Tess” as Want to Read:
The Training of Tess

The Training of Tess

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  29 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
A young woman's fascination with BDSM leads her to her Master and three new sexual experiences within the lifestyle.

The Training Of Tess
Synopsis

Tessa had always been fascinated with the Dominant submissive lifestyle, and she was – she felt, a very submissive person. In her real life people knew her as a feisty, headstrong and passionate woman, no one would ever have descri
ebook, First, 57 pages
Published September 15th 2011 by Naughty Nights Press (first published September 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Training of Tess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Training of Tess

Riane Kinky Book Reviews
Sep 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Tess has had an interest in BDSM for years. She is trying to match the fact that she believes she is submissive while being a feisty, passionate woman who keeps iron control on her daily life. She joins a website to learn more and meet people. Then an email appears in her inbox and begins an experience she never expected.

I feel this review should start with a warning. Fiction books are fantasy, not real life. To keep readers’ attention, authors have to keep things moving quickly. In order to do
Cara Bristol
Oct 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm
When Tess meets the man she’s been talking to over the internet, her journey into bdsm begins and so does the reader’s in The Training of Tess by Tessa Wanton. Make no mistake, this novella is erotica and not erotic romance. The story emphasis is on Tess reaching a place of perfect submission to the man she accepts as her master and is told entirely from Tess’s POV.

Two things about this novella made it stand out from other bdsm fiction. First, the writing flows beautifully and is almost lyrical
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Oct 29, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm
Every emotion, sensation and thought that Tess experiences is laid bare for the reader to enjoy. Her strength is amazing, and though I cannot imagine stepping into something so intense with a complete stranger, it does add an element of excitement that heightens the experience. The Master is such a powerful figure in this story, and yet you are allowed only the tiniest glimpses of Him. Like Tess, it just makes you want Him more and more.

Lototy
Reviewer for Coffee Time Romance & More

Monique
Mar 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Originally reviewed at The Forbidden Bookshelf

The synopsis of this novella pretty much tells you what this story is about so I’ll refrain from summarizing it myself. What I will say about The Training of Tess is that it’s a well written novella that illustrates the beginning of a submissive woman’s journey into BDSM beautifully.

The novella is split into three parts: The Gift, The Long Walk, and Enticing Master. Each part is about a different scene between Tessa and her new Master over a five we
Lindsay Klug
The Training of Tess is a quick read. I enjoyed Tessa’s character and found her intriguing from the opening lines. Her nervous straightening of her skirt immediately shows a flaw in her otherwise collected demeanor at work, and also demonstrated the effect this otherwise unknown man has on her when they’ve yet to even meet.

The author expertly assesses the fears and doubts Tessa experiences and allows us to see into her mind in a beautifully structured internal dialogue. Through her eyes, we see
Michelle Anderson
Jul 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Very seductive and love this book would love it even more if it continued ...
Future Slayer Girl
Apr 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Podcast Book Review!

The Training Of Tess By Tessa Wanton

**This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**
Max
Jun 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
There's a definite sense of Tess' delicate nature which makes her a very enjoyable character. The scenes with her Dom coax her to become more, and her slow transformation in marked steps has a wonderful balance of accessories and emotions. This is good writing, the sort you enjoy sitting down to with a cup of tea and tuning out the world while sinking into the couch, and the scenes are well structured.

I'm a bit of a jaded reader, but Tess comes across as roast and mashed potatoes BDSM comfort fo
Gemma Owens
Jan 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Having read EL James trilogy, and been left a little disheartened, I was introduced to the works of Ms Wanton. I am eternally grateful for the recommendation!

Tessa's writing is REAL, you can easily empathise with the Tess character and you're taken along on her journey by the skillful writing of Ms Wanton. I was so engulfed in the book that I found myself feeling the anticipation and anxiety, along with a few other things, when I read it.

If you've read the James trilogy and, like me, weren't too
Angelica Dawson
Oct 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was so hot I had to put it down several times. Sadly it wasn't so I could get off, it was because, like Tess, I started to become desensitized. When that happened, I'd put it away and read something non-erotic, play a game, answer email, something to distract myself so that when I came back I would be sucked in rather than starting to skim because it was too much, too close together.

I could never be Tess. I would have lost my mojo several times through all her encounters, also I suck
Bluwaterprincezz
Oct 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Bluwaterprincezz by: Benjamin Russell
The Training of Tess intrigued me in so many ways, I was lost in the story. I even reread parts to make sure I was receiving them correctly. Trusting in the unknown, unseen, unheard is the ultimate learning experience you find the real you, your ultimate limits of your being. Between her fear and trusting of herself Tess overcomes the stigma and boundries that most people place upon themselves. With encouragement and punishment she finds the ability to overcome her mistrust in herself. Which ult ...more
Brittany
Nov 28, 2012
Melissa
rated it did not like it
Jul 23, 2012