Start by marking “Candy 1 to 20” as Want to Read:
Candy 1 to 20

Candy 1 to 20

3.5  ·  Rating details ·  28 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Readers will devour this delicious counting book from lollipops to licorice strings, from 1 to 20!
Board Book, 20 pages
Published September 14th 2011 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Candy 1 to 20, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Candy 1 to 20

babyhippoface
Numbers made from candy. Couldn't be simpler. Or tastier. (Well, except for the circus peanut sixteen. Those things aren't my favorites.)

Abrams has take the one thing that gets every kid's attention and used it to introduce tiny ones to the numbers 1-20. For years now we've been using the M&Ms Counting Book to help get kids interested in math concepts. This board book stretches the idea and simplifies it at the same time--now we're using licorice wheels, gummy sharks, Kisses, Dubble Bubble,
Barbara
Sep 17, 2011 rated it liked it
Starting with a candy stick and the number one, readers count all the way up to 20 using candy. The candy chosen for the numbers is folded, moved, or placed so that it forms the numeral, and the photographer has used sour strips, licorice laces, gummy worms, fruit roll-ups, chocolate kisses, and even candy corn to represent the numbers. Young readers can count the numbers of candies on each page to arrive at the correct number. While some of the candies used are quite familiar, others are strang ...more
Vivian
Apr 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I learned that little children KNOW THEIR CANDIES! In a pre-school library story time about going to a fair this was the first book I shared. I asked the children "what candy is this?" and they knew every time! I asked how many pieces of the candy were pictured on the page and we counted them together as I touched the pictured pieces. They had already shouted out the answer before we counted as the candy is arranged in the shape of the letter. This was actually a lot of fun.
Colby Sharp
Nov 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: math
I have a sweet tooth. This book makes me so hungry.
Connie Klever
Super cute illustrations of candy in this counting book. Candy makes the shape of the number and is made from the same number of candies as the number on each page. Good for toddler time, R2R.
Mariah
Apr 01, 2013 rated it liked it
This is a very simple counting book. There are no words on the pages, just the numbers. The book is big enough that I would have kids trace the numbers with their fingers.
Maquoketa
Nov 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Colorful, fun book for small children.
Megan
Sep 20, 2011 rated it liked it
With candy pieces, how could counting NOT be fun?
Lachlan Mudge