Start by marking “The Zombie Tarot: An Oracle of the Undead with Deck and Instructions” as Want to Read:
The Zombie Tarot: An Oracle of the Undead with Deck and Instructions

The Zombie Tarot: An Oracle of the Undead with Deck and Instructions

You’ve never seen tarot cards quite like these. Imagine the celebrated “Rider Deck” infused with the horrors of Night of the Living Dead, and the result is The Zombie Tarot—a crazy, campy interpretation of a classic divination system.

In this zombified parallel universe, wands become limbs, pentacles are biohazard symbols, and the Major Arcana is full of shambling corpses.
Cards, 96 pages
Published June 5th 2012 by Quirk Books

To ask other readers questions about The Zombie Tarot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Zombie Tarot

Start your review of The Zombie Tarot: An Oracle of the Undead with Deck and Instructions
Msmurphybylaw
What can I say? These cards are a hoot. Booth creepy and campy, but they're accurate as well. The card stock is nice and heavy so you can get a good, healthy shuffle.
The book is hysterical, but pretty spot on, so armatures can do a decent reading with these cards.
I love them. They crack me up.
Jessica at Book Sake
Jun 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If you love zombies, campy humor, or 1950s style ads, this is The Zombie Tarot deck for you. The 78 card deck comes in a sturdy box that looks like an ammo box when you are taking off the lid. An instruction booklet is provided for those who want some guidance in how to conduct a reading. A description of the major and minor arcane are included as well – so you will know just what they mean for your reading!

At the end of the book there are a few advertisements too. You know – for those items you
Mariea Coady
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love love love...
Brittany Curtis
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a really fun deck - It was a gag present from a friend, but I used it to prompt a short story about zombies. Check out "Love in the Time of Zombies" at https://writingwithtarot.wordpress.co...
Alex
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love these cards! 1950's, kitschy and campy style illustrations. Lots of black humour death, decay and rotting corpses. The only thing I would change, is a bit more info in the booklet.
Flying Off The Shelves
This deck is very 1950's but with zombies, which is very reminiscent of Fido. Like Fido it is hysterical, weird, but all around great. The illustrations are a very well done photo montage of Americana meeting the terrible tragedy that is the zombie apocalypse. Each card contains a great deal of symbolism that is common to that era with it's use of cold war imagery and technology. I also particularly want to note the Magician and the High Priestess cards. These were very well done because ...more
Heather Faville
Jun 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
All I know about tarot readings I learned from watching movies/tv, so I am almost positive I know nothing about doing a proper reading. However, when I received my copy of The Zombie Tarot in the mail I sat down and read through the manual and then began scanning the cards...hours later I was ready to attempt a reading. I say hours because the cards are so amazingly detailed that I had to spend time scrutinizing each one at length.

The manual in The Zombie Tarot gives you several card layouts in
Angela Holtz
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
From Lilac Wolf and Stuff

I know Zombie's are all the rage right now, so a Zombie Tarot isn't too surprising. But this is such a unique spin. The art has a 1950s post-atomic-bomb-apocalyptic feel. It was perfect right after the Housewives Tarot. They balance each other.

It comes in a pretty heavy-duty cardboard box similar to the Housewives Tarot. The cards are made from a thick cardstock that seems like it will last forever!

I adore the artwork but the numbered cards didn't always make logical
Caroline Centa
Jan 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
When I first bought this deck, I was attracted to the images. I like the darker sorts of tarot and this one appealed to my personal tastes. As expected, with a tile of Zombie Tarot, the imagery does not follow traditional standards. However, the deck does follow the standard 78 card tarot format, with 21 major arcana cards and 4 suits of minor arcana cards. At first, I found it difficult to connect to the deck, but as I explored the cards, I learned how the imagery related to tarot and now find ...more
Colleen Criswell
This deck is so much fun. It is by the same people who brought us The Housewives Tarot deck a few years back, the same tongue-in-cheek idea. Great for those who collect decks, horror and zombie items, or just have a wonderfully twisted sense of humor.

Like the Housewife deck, the Zombie deck uses late 50's early 60's imagery to personify the cards, very Night of the Living Dead retro look.

Differences in the Zombie Tarot and the basic Rider Waite deck other than some of the imagery is the minor
Ciòran(core)
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
File under: tarocchi + vintage style + anni Cinquanta + gli zombi + humour. Ottima alternativa ai giochi di società natalizi. Le carte sono stupende, curatissime, piene di dettagli... squisite proprio come il vostro cervello.
Tasha
Jun 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Love this deck and the book, while not very in-depth, is pretty good.
Adriana Gamel
Aug 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
These are actually tarot cards and not a book, but I use them as bookmarks -- a role they play adequately.
Tracey-Lee
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One of the best decks on the market and I have over 100 decks! Love it!!!
Ben
Dec 29, 2017
Tami Kerr
Nov 13, 2019
Stacey Graham
Sep 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Ana Paula

• Tarot Halloween
  • Othello
  • Northanger Abbey
  • Candide
  • Catch-22 (Catch-22, #1)
  • Rebecca
  • Oracle of the Shapeshifters: Mystic Familiars for Times of Transformation and Change
  • not a book
  • Alice: The Wonderland Oracle
  • Decameron Tarot
  • Les Vampires Oracle: Ancient Wisdom and Healing Messages from the Children of the Night
  • The Metamorphosis
  • Surviving Home (The Survivalist #2)
  • Going Home (The Survivalist, #1)
  • Lights Out