Start by marking “Alpha” as Want to Read:
Alpha

Alpha

3.3  ·  Rating details ·  37 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
A noble goal, and a stupid risk, but will it pay off?
The world of the future is starkly divided. Those with the money to afford it can become Alphas, people with superhuman IQ. The rest? Mundanes, unable to get a job beyond being a mechanic or working in food service, if they can get work at all.

But Nick, a mundane, disagrees with the system, and so does his dangerous frie
ebook, 1st Edition, 126 pages
Published September 15th 2011 by eXtasy Books

To ask other readers questions about Alpha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alpha

Ayanna
Jun 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This wasn't bad. The ending seemed kind of too easy/like a cop-out.

Still, it wasn't bad.

The implications of the machine thing are somewhat thought-provoking and I can forgive that it wans't completely expounded upon fully since this is primarily romance and not sci-fi.

Actually, I think this is the problem with some of the books I read. I don't read them as romances. I read them as whatever and get annoyed if it only focuses on romance. Or sex.

But...if it only focuses on sex, then it becomes erot
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Sep 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
I really liked this story. I would have given it five stars but it was too short. I would have liked more development with Julian's character and would have liked more relationship development between the two main characters.

It ended too soon, they just get stuff set up and it is over you have no idea if it worked or what happens now that Julian knows everything... I really hope there is a sequel because it was a great story just too short. It has a HFN IMHO but if you are more optimistic than
Thalie C
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sci-fi, reviewed
[LONG review here, sorry.]

Wow, this book could have been really good. The plot idea is very interesting and the world the author created there seems full of potential. Seriously, it's the type of sci-fi story that could easily become successful.

Unfortunately, the plot wasn't developed to its full awesomeness at all. In fact, I found the author barely scraped the surface of it.

I finished reading the book and I'm left gnawing on a s**tload of questions!
How did Nick manage to involve Riki in his pr
Don Bradshaw
Nov 30, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This was a good story with an interesting plot line. Set in the future, mankind is divided into two classes, alphas and mundanes. A family with money can have their children hyper educated through the aid of a machine to become the alphas. The mundanes are the normal people of average intelligence who scrape by as best they can. The alphas have it all from good jobs to upscale housing until a handful of mundanes decide to level the playing field. This could have been a 5 star book had the autho ...more
Noughty
3,5
It was interesting,a little short.

I liked the characters and the world created. It would have been better if it had another 15-30 pages. I'd like to read more about characters. The ending was a little abrupt.

(view spoiler)
Kristy Maitz
Sep 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Not bad plot Ravon Silvius created in his book. Both main characters are interesting and you want to end and see what will happen. What I didn't like is the way writer pulls you to the end to quickly like he was in a hurry to end the book. Whole plot could me more creative.
Rachelle
Shelves: m-m, science-fiction
was a nice read.
Douglas Goodwin
Jun 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Very good read. Plot was great and with every swipe of my nook, I wanted to keep reading. I hope to read more from Ravon Silvius soon.
Malachi