Start by marking “The Quest of the Sparrows: Explore the Joy of Freedom” as Want to Read:
The Quest of the Sparrows:  Explore the Joy of Freedom

The Quest of the Sparrows: Explore the Joy of Freedom

Inspired by the life of a sparrow that leads a carefree life, Partibhan, a young and reluctant guru takes off on an amazing journey in evolution. He believes that human beings can become powerful creators, and achieve much more but the desire to secure the future makes them mere survivors. Between birth and death, evolution is the only constant, which humans can achieve by ...more
Published 2011 by Rupa & Co.

To ask other readers questions about The Quest of the Sparrows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Quest of the Sparrows

Start your review of The Quest of the Sparrows: Explore the Joy of Freedom
Alok Mishra
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's not only a story of Partibhan, the guru or the spiritual sage. It goes on to become a testimony to all the struggles which have been continued and brought to a conclusion by millions on the earth. What is life? What's the right path to follow? How can one live the life without any fear? What is religion? What is spirituality? To an extent, the book answers all the questions in the version which the authors deemed perfect for the purpose. Moreover, the book, in short - the journey from chopp ...more
Amit Mishra
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What else could you hope for? The book delivers what it promises - the way of the sparrows are never to be looked in a straight line. The journey of the characters was very vivid and multi-experiencing curve of life. For the best, everyone settles well at the end and the readers are to be left with a pleasure and a sense of satisfaction for the read. Great stuff!
Vishnu Chevli
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reading The Quest of the Sparrows just after The Evolution of God is like a deadly cocktail of vodka and whiskey. Both are two extreme of one rope. Both books reminded me the famous quote:

"Once the God and man met. Their thought 'My Creator'"

I liked The Evolution of God and I loved The Quest of the Sparrows. This year has given me another gem in my spiritual book collection. The Quest of the Sparrows is added to my list of "Repeat once in a year"

The book contains only one story but it is portra
Archit Ojha
It was a non stop read.

I remember when I was reading the book I was getting late for lunch. If I had not been on time, I would have missed it.

Guess what?

I was willing to miss my lunch because The Quest of the Sparrows won't let me settle down until I turn the last pages. Such was its hypnotism.

A group of people is embarking on a spiritual journey to find the greater happiness and satisfaction.

This team is led by Partibhan, a newly made guru who has inherited the designation from his father and
Pooja
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 100-pages, owns
Beautiful and Heart Warming!

I absolutely loved this project!

Kartik Sharma and Ravi Nirmal Sharma. This duo has totally nailed it!

The Quest of the Sparrows is an astonishing tale of a man who has accidentally become a guru of a reputed ashram. He inherited the designation from his father who was also the most respected guru at his time.

The story opens up with a man living in a foreign country whose wife is cheating on him with other men and his daughter is moving with her boyfriend. Both of them
Vimal Uniyal
Oct 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A very different book, not like any I have read so far. It compels you to reassign your priorities. I took pride in thinking of myself as a survivor but it told me even a sparrow did that and effortlessly at that. It talks of the potential we all have but done achieve because we start running a rate race which perhaps is more comfortable.

I had stopped believing in spirituality but it made me question my resistance.

If I become something one day, then I will owe it to this book. But it is too ear
Heena Rathore P.
The Quest Of The Sparrows is a really well-written book by authors Ravi and Kartik.
The profound symbolism, as well as the intense nature of the book, made this a very remarkable read for me.

I enjoyed the way the authors tried to deliver the strong messages of the harsh realities of life through subtle, yet powerful, unique parallels. I also liked the writing style and the voice of the authors and found it to be quite a pleasant experience to read this book.

In spite of this book being centered ar
Vignesh Kumar
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from the authors for an exchange of an honest review

Initially, I was skeptical to read this book as I have not read any spiritual books and I feared that it would openly preach the spirituality but it proved me wrong. It did not preach spirituality openly but through subtle things and practical examples.

I liked how this book consisted of parts where each part were told by a differing personality be it a practical, lying, business-minded, dishonest man or a skeptical,
Ankit Jain
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The first book by the author duo Kartik and Ravi offers a refreshing perspective on ideas concerning the manner in which we can live our lives to its fullest potential. Although the book is raft with platitudes from grandma stories and tales, the presentation and characters help in making them easier to relate to.

The packaging of this book on practical spirituality in a fast moving and action packed fiction capsule renders it a flow uncharacteristic of the genre.

The analogy to the life of the sp
Ravi Sharma
Sep 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)

The book has many, amazing insights. It doesn't preach spirituality but demonstrates it through incidents. It is a compelling call to evolve and not merely survive life.

The story is about a journey without money and belongings. Partibhan, a reluctant guru, takes the example of a sparrow which lives each day of its life without worry. It never hoards yet lives joyously, despite being so low in the chain of human evolution. Human beings, despite being placed
Soumyabrata Gupta
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
A journey towards spirituality: discussing the God factor

Soumyabrata Gupta

Where is God? How can we attain spirituality? These are two of the basic questions that the authors Kartik Sharma and Ravi ‘Nirmal’ Sharma ask and debate upon in this novel which can be best described as a bildungsroman. However in spite of its apparent philosophical allusions and connotations, the authors have created a work of literature where, they successfully dispel the myth of the complexities associated with the can
Roman Jedele
Feb 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I bought the book on Amazon Kindle store and was very circumspect about its content. There was an allusion to the life of a sparrow that attracted me to the book but talk about spirituality had put me off initially. But when I came across the book the second time I decided to give it a shot.

I must say that the writers have done a stupendous job on the book. The story flows very swiftly and packed with a lot of action. Their are parts that are heart rendering. The narrative from the point of view
Ritika
Feb 03, 2014 rated it liked it
There are lots of talks about spirituality, ways to practice it and so on. It is alright to have questions like why not we go for a self help book then or a yoga camp or ashram? Is it actually a novel?
Well, it is. There are stories and they are interesting. I like authors' courage to write something different. The authors are so positive about spirituality that they go on to prove that it can make wonders happen which is good to some extent as it fills you with positivity but soon the same thing
Ashutosh Kumar
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“The quest of the sparrows”, a spiritual novel by IIT & IIM alumnus Kartik Sharma and Ravi Nirmal Sharma, is a religious and spiritual fiction which enlightens our minds. The story explores the higher meaning of life through an entertaining path breaking story of ‘Partibhan’, a guru who begins his journey with several ups and down. A young guru, who sets out 600 km journey on foot without money or belongings along with his disciples. It is simple tale but it is very effective. This book is capab ...more
Santosh Baraiya
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Surbhi Sareen
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-reds
The story is beautifully woven. The authors have kept in mind the thought process and at times we feel they are playing with ur minds. The use of multiple point of views makes it interesting. Every story has some significance and they can be used as separate stories as well. Basically is focus on a man and even Guru Partibhan who through his ways gives us a purpose of living. The delineation is apt. The characters are fantastic and easy to understand though the authors tried to make it complicat ...more
Anushree
Oct 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Don’t judge a book by its cover they say, but the cover of this one sums up the essence of the book beautifully. Self-created and self-propagated beliefs in the banal turn the suit, a symbol on the cover, to shackles. Man begins to take the visible and the material too seriously and his life gets mired in its seemingly important but inconsequential rigmarole. The sparrow, in contrast, while being much lower in the ladder of evolution lives freely and joyously, ‘living’ every day instead of merel ...more
Meenu Dua
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I had heard quite a lot about The Quest of the Sparrows from my friends who mostly said great things about the book. It was while searching for one of my books that I came across this novel yet again and curious I read the blurb which indeed seemed promising and relevant to me. It seemed to offer a very different and interesting treatment on spirituality. The sparrow analogy and Partibhan’s journey without money and belongings got me hooked. Intrigued, I overcame my initial lethargy and finally ...more
Shree
Dec 23, 2013 rated it liked it
NOTE : I Won this part as a part of the goodreads giveaway.

Spiritual or Advance thinking books aren't really my forte. Sadly I am not blessed with such an intellect to understand or should I say I am blessed with a temperament to steer clear of such books?

The Book cover and the summary intrigued me.What harm in giving such a book a chance? I entered the giveaway and won it too!

The book is exactly what it claims to be. The writers have attempted to convey what we have conveniently chosen to forg
Soundar Phil
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
I got this book directly from the writers through Goodreads.com. Thanks for the writers & Goodreads.
This book speaks more on Divine which is connected with Sprituality, But I see the book more speaks on Humanity than the spirituality by portraying the stories on:

1) You should treat others like how you wanted to be treated
2) Be patience
3) Importance on spirituality than humanity (Provide what the poor want which turns them into lazy) I can say these are really has more meaning than it actually s
Kamlesh
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Kamlesh by: Online
I found it amazing. There are twists and turns and at the end of each there is a simple insight that connected with me. I could relate to Partibhan completely. He is the kind of spiritual guru we all need today because his approach is practical and not pedantic.

All the characters looked from everyday life situation and I could understand their dilemma.

Awesome story that makes me question what I have done so far with my life. Survival is easy,no big deal. It is what I do with my life is what it
Kalyan Panja
Motivated by the being of a sparrow in this path breaking, evolutionary fresh inscription that looks at the top connotation of existence as well as reveals nearly how one can attain amity as well as ecstasy while leading a consequential plus inspired verve that escort a happy-go-lucky existence, and consider that individual mortals be able to develop into dominant initiators, along with attain a lot further save for the craving to secure the upcoming crafts them sheer survivors flanked by nativi ...more
Vandita Jain
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Spiritual books are not at all my thing. I reluctantly agreed to read this one because a friend very strongly recommended it to me. What I dislike about spiritual books is that they are too preachy and whatever they say, seems very impractical to implement in real life. And I loved "The Quest of the Sparrows" for being exactly opposite to the usual books of its genre. This book makes getting a healthier perspective towards life seem so simple and do-able. I thought only thrillers are riveting, b ...more
Pallav Ahooja
Jul 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
The writers, through the interesting spiritual journey of a reluctant Swami and his followers, make a case for practical spirituality . Various misgivings and hesitations that anyone might have are challenged through the questions and reservations of different relatable characters .

Simple living, non -materialistic lifestyle,living like a sparrow -the simplest and commonest of birds is advocated by the story of a simple journey without getting too preachy.

A light , refreshing read that is sure
Kshitij
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Its a captivating book and will force you think. It will involve you and take you with it on a journey. Its inspiring because it tells you that how simple life can be and how complicated we have made it. One definitely would connect with it at some point or the other especially if you have ever questioned your purpose or yearned for the feeling of content and the best part about the book is how simply its written. Its a great read!
Gita Madhu
Jan 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: indian-authors
A charming piece of spiritual fiction which makes for an entertaining and easy read. Action laden and contemporary, this book is well within the present binge of Indian soul searching. Always welcome, I guess.

Spiritual novels have their own place in literature and their own role in saving and shaping lives. There will always be a need for such works and I commend the author for producing this book.
Drvedmitra Sharma
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
The eventful journey of a man in search of answers to doubts within. Narration is gripping, language lucid and the story draws continuous attention.
Sandy Chugh
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A life changing journey, inspiring one to read.
Nidhi Sharma
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
At some place, there is certainly a bend in the river... the journey in the book (allegorical sparrows) begins with a high ambition and ends in delight as people settle well for their lives. In between, however, the journey is remarkable and I guess readers would judge the best themselves. I found it an engaging read and liked the approach of the author except the instances where religion and religious took a certain high altitude... good book overall!
Deepak
Oct 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone who wishes to evolve
Recommended to Deepak by: Saw it at Delhi Book Fair
The book has amazing insights and they are so simple they steal your heart. I thought spirituality was all about preaching but this book had a fresh perspective and went on to demonstrate it was practical. Not through sermons but interesting stories. It uplifted my state, made me somehow more aware.

The book gave me a new way to look at life. The word evolution stays with you after you finish it. Puts an end to all the doubts about the meaning and purposelessness of life.

I feel empowered to star
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Your Dreams Are Mine Now
  • The Nameless Relationship
  • My Life: An Illustrated Biography
  • Krishna's Secret
  • Do It Today: Overcome Procrastination, Improve Productivity, and Achieve More Meaningful Things
  • This Is Not Your Story
  • The Tree Bears Witness (Birbal, #2)
  • The Rise of Sivagami (Baahubali: Before the Beginning, #1)
  • Boy who loved
  • Milk Teeth
  • How I Taught My Grandmother to Read and Other Stories
  • Undelivered Letters
  • A Hundred Little Flames
  • The Girl in Room 105
  • Be My Perfect Ending
Kartik Sharma, a graduate of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi and Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad, is passionate about books. Be it reading or writing, he found his one true passion in the written word.

Published at the age of 23 by Rupa Publications in September 2011, he continues to write fiction stories and philosophical musings on his blog: http://interlocutor-kasper.b

News & Interviews