Start by marking “The Haret” as Want to Read:
The Haret

The Haret

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  112 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Felicitas has only one thing on her mind. How could she be pregnant when she is still a virgin and how can she convince her father, the towns most prominent Baptist minister, that she is innocent of any promiscuity.
Felicitas vanishes on the evening she learns of her pregnancy. Unnerved by her mysterious disappearance the small town unites and searches for their missing te
Published June 22nd 2011 by Still Publications (first published June 19th 2011)

Melissa
This book is one of a series of three. It was a fast-paced book and from a genre that I don't normally read. The premise seemed interesting, so I decided to give it a try. The story revolves around Felicitas, a 17 year old who has had dreams for 3 years of another world with a mysterious man whom she loves and in the dreams decides to marry. When she wakes up, the dreams are hazy and she can't remember them very well. One month after she dreams she marries the mysterious man, she finds out she i ...more
Nanci de Suffren
Jul 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
If this were a stand alone book (rather than part of a series) a conclusion consistent with the quality of the rest of the book would have more than likely earned it 5 stars. After reading many series and enjoying the majority, I want to see how this story pans out. As the first part of this series, I found the characters and the plot intriguing and I certainly want to read the next book. As it is I loved the ending...what was the choice? After going through everything who else might be someone ...more
Gina Conner
Oct 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
I fell in love with this story ! The plot is very intriguing and fast paced. When Felicitas , president of her school's Purity club and daughter of local minister , becomes pregnant she tells people it happened in a dream. Well as you can imagine not very many people believe her . The only people who do believe her are her reclusive grandmother , her best friend Esther and a mysterious man named Grant . Cannot wait for the next installment to see what happens next.
Amanda Cowher
Sep 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Denise Daisy has a talent for weaving remarkable tales of dimensional and time travel. I felt the strongest character was Esther and had a hard time liking Felicitas. She grew on me by the end, and I am now anxious for book two. I hope to see more of Reed, as his involvement in the story captivated me. I also love Grant and I'm hoping he will get to see some romance in the sequel. Overall this is a fun read.
Suzie
Dec 03, 2012 rated it did not like it
This is absolutely the worst book I have ever read. Not only was the storyline horrible, the grammar and misspellings were so distracting. The misuse of the words your/you're, they're/their/there, to/too/two and so on was ridiculous. Lack of punctuation marks were also rampant. Words like "starring" being used in place of "staring", etc. I would not have finished this book had it not been for my book club. Horrible!
Stacey (Sassy Book Lovers)
Apr 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-tours
Firstly I'd like to thank Nevermore PR for hosting this tour and also Denise Daisy for giving me the opportunity to review this book.

We meet Felicitas, she's 17yrs old, the daughter of a minister, president of the purity club, your average good girl. But Felicitas has a secret she's been keeping from everyone. She's been having these amazing dreams where she's with a gorgeous man named Raine Zodock. He's sweet, charming and everything she could ever want in a man. Their love grows stronger each
Pamela
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I loved the story of Felicitas. Throughout I was turning the pages, I wanted to read more and more about Felicitas' secret life. I was so thrilled reading what would come up in her life by every page I was reading. This is the kind of story which you wish to be inside. While I was reading I felt being Felicitas, I dreamed as she did and being in another dimension like the one she went in the story.

The argument it is well written and the characters are well developed too, one of the is Esther, Fe
Maria
Sep 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I actually give it a 3.5 star rating. I would have probably given it 4 stars however there were quite a few errors in grammer and spelling. I found myself confused and had to re-read sentences in order to understand what was going on.
Other than that, I did enjoy the story. I found it interesting. In a world that has more than it's far share of good books featuring vampires, werewovles and fae, it's refreshing to read about a world that doesn't.
Valerie Mcqueen
Feb 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Felicita's story is one of the more intriguing paranormals I have came across. While the editing is less than desirable, the savior for me here is the story itself. It is like a modern day versus historical. The minute Taz crossed over to the Haret I loved the contrast to our society. It was truly fascinating. There are many times I wished I lived in a simpler times such as the description given for the Haret. Zane is very yummy, and is a horseman which also was a selling point for me.
Diane
Mar 29, 2012 marked it as to-read
Although I found this book to be a little slow at the get go, it did hold my interest. I liked the mix of modern day and mystical times. I did feel that the story came to an abrupt end as if stopping then was only done to make way for the next book in the series and not really completing any of the storylines that had been made.
Toni ~married to a hunk~
So I liked this book until the end when it felt really rushed. I overall like the writing style and thought that it was a good beginning of the series. The last few chapters to me seemed like they could have waited to start until the next book. Otherwise I liked the story and thought it was very intriguing.
Sam
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Really unique story! The plot is very interesting, but my favorite part is the characters. They're all extremely well-developed, with fascinating personalities. Even the minor characters stand out!
Amanda
Jul 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
I can't wait to find out what happens. Why did it have to be a cliffhanger. does anyone know what the next book is? The plot was interesting and the suspense kept you turning the page. Please tell me Felicitas story continues.
Amanda
Very intriguing

Somewhat predictable but mysterious and intriguing enough to keep you reading and when gets really good it ends. It needs a sequel. Will be very disappointed if author does not write a sequel.
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
I had read a few reviews here and was a little concerned about this book but I found it to be quite enjoyable and a nice diversion from reality. now I wasn't thrilled with the ending, it leaves you hanging...which I HOPE means a 2nd book to finsih the story?
Ashleigh
Mar 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book----but it needs some serious editing!! I haven't read anything else like it, and that's refreshing in a world full of books involving vampires and werewolves.

I actually look forward to reading the next installment, just hope to see less errors.
Leah
Apr 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book and the author. Can't wait for her next books for both series.
Brittany Booker
Dec 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! It was different,had an easy flow and keep me turning pages! :))
Julianna
While I didnt enjoy this one as much as some it was still really good and makes me want to read the next one.
Regina
Apr 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I cant wait to continue this adventure.
Angie
Nov 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Interesting and not like anything else I have read. Would recommend but know it is the first in a series of 3 and it ends with no real conclusion.
Janice
Oct 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
I liked it, but it was too short - need more!!!!!
Alecis
Jan 11, 2015
Sarah G
Oct 21, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Dare to Bleed (Emily Sullivan, #1)
  • American Blood: A Vampire's Story
  • Blood Song (Blood, #2)
  • Believe (Rules, #1)
  • Winter's Wrath: Sacrifice  (Winter's Saga, #3)
  • Chosen by Sin (Para-Ops, #3)
  • Arcadia's Gift (Arcadia Series #1)
  • Hopelessly Broken
  • Blood Calling (Blood Calling, #1)
  • Hyde (The Devil's Roses, #3)
  • City of Whispers (City of Whispers, #1)
  • The Key (Anna Kippling, #1)
  • WyndRiver Sinner (WesternWind, #1)
  • A Feral Darkness
  • Druid's Bane (The Arkaelyon Chronicles, #1)
  • The Wishing Hour
  • Dirty Little Christmas (Marisela Morales/Dirty, #3)
  • Be Mine For Christmas

Denise Daisy is described as one of the purest storytellers of all time; pulling of romance, suspense and a touch of the supernatural, all in the same piece. Born and raised in Tennessee, Denise Daisy sets her stories in the Deep South and her natural southern style charms all her work.
In addition to writing, Denise enjoys directing for the theater, and has brought to the stage many wonderful sto
More about Denise Daisy