Start by marking “Bound (The Nevermore Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bound (The Nevermore Trilogy, #2)

Bound (The Nevermore Trilogy #2)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  1,004 Ratings  ·  111 Reviews
They were promised weight loss, the cure for Cancer, Parkinson’s Disease and infertility; they were promised hope. The side effects were anything but hopeful. Mara faces seemingly insurmountable obstacles and adversities as she works feverishly to free Sebastian from the holds which bind him. Her refusal to abandon him, and his refusal to let her slip away, keep them fight ...more
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 108 pages
Published September 14th 2011 by HiJinks Ink (first published September 5th 2011)

World War Z by Max BrooksZombie Fallout by Mark TufoA Plague Upon Your Family by Mark TufoThe End by Mark TufoFeed by Mira Grant
Best Zombie Books
1,180 books — 2,751 voters
Warm Bodies by Isaac MarionFlesh by Kylie ScottSkin by Kylie ScottLove in the Time of the Dead by Tera ShanleyThe Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
Zombie Romance
165 books — 287 voters

More lists with this book...

Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
**4.5 Bastian Loving Stars**

OMG...how I ABSOLUTELY LOVE LOVE LOVE Sebastian ---- now this 2nd book in the series is what I'm talking about developing our characters. This one was perfect with setting up the love shared between our MC's.

UGH...but another cliffhanger that I can't wait to read how this is going to pan out!
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

I didn’t read the original version of this trilogy, so I can’t give an opinion as to whether the tweaks are an improvement, but what I can say is that I loved Shannon Mayer’s BOUND! It’s a pseudo zombie story that follows a couple who’s love overcomes insurmountable odds. It’s corny, and does require a bit of a leap vis-à-vis why only Mara & Bastian’s connection trumps all where as other twosomes “turn”. But, it’s written in such a way that it’s next to impossible to
Cathy (cathepsut)
The storyline continues directly after Sundered. Considering the length of the book, both of them, probably together with the third installment of this trilogy, would have made a decently sized full novel.

The story of Mara and Sebastian continues, with a plot twist bringing them into contact with other survivors and a possible cure for the Nevermore drug.

The first book was entertaining enough, despite some minor flaws. But Bound, although the plot idea was good, was pretty weak in terms of stor
Dee Avila
Sep 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The second book in Mayer's Nevermore Trilogy Bound is another fast pace and fun read. The romance continues between Sebastian and Mara. Their love amazes me.
Once again the turmoil this couple goes through is heart breaking but their love for one another never falters. In this book we are with Mara as she struggles to survive the Nevermore out break. I was happy to find out that this book flowed seamlessly from the first. I bought it when I bought the first and was glad that I had it to move imm
Jean Faganello
Sep 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is a fabulous series from an author that just pops out of no where! The characters draw you into their world, the plot moves along at a pace that keeps you turning the pages and leaves you breathless with what will happen next.

I felt that the instances of violence and fear felt very real to me like it was the way it could truly happen in a apocalypse type situation.

I am SO excited to ead Dauntless! Sundered (Book I) was amazing and drew you in, Bound (Book II) was just as goood if not bett
Angie West
Sep 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Like Sundered, Bound is a page turner. I'm hooked on this series. Bound picks up where Sundered left off, with Mara on the brink of the hardest decision of her life. Without giving away too much of the book, for those of you who have not yet read this one, I will just say that Shannon Mayer has outdone herself. Bound is action packed, fast-paced, and sticks with you long after the final page. The descriptive flow of Mayers writing style literally draws the reader into the story.
Sara
Oct 09, 2016 added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
4 Stars, Review to follow on Boundless Book Reviews.
Jami
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in exchange for an honest review, which I take very seriously.

In the 2nd book of The Nevermore Trilogy, we learn that Sebastian almost lets go of what remains of his human side, but Mara is relentless in reminding him of it and not losing it.
We learn that the Nevermores can and do communicate with each other and the hoard as a whole, like a hive almost.
We learn that a few Nevermores cling to the last bits of their humanity, like Scout.
And we learn that the military-ish peo
Mimi Barbour
Sep 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the ongoing saga of Sebastian and Mara in this sequel to "Sundered". Their situation has worsened in this second book but Mara still fights to save both her husband and her unborn baby. Not so much against the creatures called Nevermores, this time her battles are more with her own kind - the humans.

Ms Mayer has a unique way of creating characters and telling a story and I hope she's around for a very long time. How she ever came up with the premise for this trilogy, I can't imagine.
Angie
May 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
This 3 book series was a nice change of pace for me. I typically read a lot of romance novels and this book was different. It's a love story all twisted up into a world of zombie-ish monsters. I have already recommended this series to a few of my friends. It's a different twist from the typical love story and the characters are ones you won't forget. You will even be surprised by some of the characters that you will fall in love with. It's and easy and fun read if you're looking for something a ...more
Zoe Saadia
Apr 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another great read!

The story picks nicely where it had been left in the first book of the series. As smoothly and readably as before, ‘Bound’ takes us into a different, unexpected direction. I was taken completely by surprise by the twist in the middle of the book.

The love line of the story is great, while the suspense builds consistently. The tension never slacks and the original angle on the zombie-related issues is refreshing. The Nevermores get more likable by each book, for my taste.

I can’
Kay Glass
Jun 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I am definitely addicted to this series. The underlying humanity in the Nevermores shines through the story so clearly, while still emphasizing their baser instincts. The love story is ever-present, but blends well with the story rather than detracting from it. You can almost feel you are living the story, and you root as hard as you can for the survivors to keep on going. This author has a new fan in me.
D.A. Graystone
Apr 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Staying on the edge with the Nevermores

I was wondering where the trilogy was going after the ending of the first book. Don’t worry…no spoilers but LOTS of praise. Bound answers some questions from the first book, poses some new ones and continues to build the suspense. And brings in even more exciting, interesting and memorable characters. Luckily the third book was already on my Kindle!
Feb 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
These are quite short for the price but still worth $2.99 I couldn't stop reading after what happen/where the first book ended. I appreciate the bond betweeen Mara and Sebastian.
Sara Freitag
Jun 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finished this book in just over an hour. It kept interested and didn't want to put it down. Very good. Can't wait to start book 3.
Boundless Book Reviews
I was provided an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Bound picks up immediately where Sundered left off so for those of you, like me, screamed at the end of Sundered because there were no more pages to flip we get our answer of the choice Mara makes.  Now this is a 3-part series that must be read in order and this review will blow the ending of book 1 for you so STOP NOW!!!  You’ve been warned SPOILERS ahead!

Thank you Shannon! Thank you! Mara chose love!  Mara and Sebastian’s story is one of t
Jean
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second in the Nevermore series. This book had a scene that moved me to tears, so do have a hanky ready. I found out more about the Nevermores and the drug that created them in this middle book. I also discovered some human monsters.

The things I liked about this book were the growth of Mara and the evolution of the Nevermores. These are not your typical zombies and they are changing and becoming more complex. Mara is stepping up and becoming a strong and compassionate person.

If you li
Shakuita Johnson
Although I enjoyed the first story, when the military (or what people believe should be passed for the military) show up, I'm immediately turned of. It's one of the reason I don't really read this genre. I would have enjoyed it more had Mara and Bas stayed out on their farm with their dogs trying to survive. They seemed to have a good thing going adjusting and then it was shattered by the introduction of madmen. I know it makes for suspenseful reading and such but I just can't get with it. Altho ...more
Shakuita Johnson
Anade
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this arc in exchange for a honest review..
This is the second book in the Nevermore series and starts off where Sundered let off I love the new twists and turns to the book.. This series just gets better and better, I love the remaking of this series and makes for a good reread.. I can't wait for the last instalment in the series..
Judy A. Kuhl
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good

Shannon Mayer is an incredible writer. I have read most of her books, and loved them all. This second book in the Nevermore Series is pretty exciting. It is fast paced and entertaining. I read it in a couple of hours. I need to read the next book in this series to see what happens.
Melissa
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

I began to enjoy this book more than the first. Mara has grown on me and is showing her strength. Interesting world the author has written and I look forward to the conclusion of the series.
Karen
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
Really enjoying this series. Interesting characters and fantasy style plot. On to book 3.
Richin109
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Highly recommend

Great read. Couldn't put the book down once I started to read it. Cannot wait until the next book. Recommend any of her books
Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: September 14, 2011 (Available Now!)
Publisher: Self Published
Series Best Read In Order: YES
Steam Level: Steamy

Official Blurb:

Nevermore Trilogy Book II

Rumours and whispers of a cure have reached Mara’s ears and hope that has been denied for so
Latisha Bramlett
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of this book and this is my honest opinion.

This is part two of a trilogy. Mara and Bastian are trying to adjust to their new reality. They are wondering how much longer they will be able to be together. If that wasn't enough, the military gets involved and Mara and Bastian have to fight to survive and for each other. This series shows that the 'monster' isn't always the obvious one. Sometimes humans are much more dangerous than any so called 'monster'.
Ns
Sep 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Bound continues where Mara and Sebastian's story left off in Sundered and while their location has changed to a secret military encampment, their adventure is far from over. The action and danger does not let up, and is a daily part of their lives, only it is not just the Nevermores, but other humans with invested interests who pose a threat. Fearing that she is losing Sebastian to the Nevermore drug, Mara dares to hope that rumours of a cure are true and is willing to risk anything to save hi ...more
chucklesthescot
Mara and Bastian are captured by the military at their home and taken to a prison camp where Mara is told she has to train the monsters to obey her like Bastian, so they can be used for military purposes. Vincent wants to use an army of monsters to attack his enemy who is working on a cure. Not trusting Vincent, Mara is convinced that they must escape or die.

I certainly didn't like this book as much as the first one in the series. I was still interested in the relationship between Mara and Basti
Denise Sherman
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, love
I received an ARC of this book and I also purchased a copy and here is my review:
I enjoyed reading Bound... the struggle and fight for Love between Sebastian and Mara has never faulted... there love stayed stronger then ever even when Mara discovered that she was with child at the end of book 1 and Sebastian became more protective... Even Sebastian was a Nevermore he stilled loved his wife and remembered her as to be his mate... Scout the ever devoted Nevermore that would guard the gate when eve
Reesa
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Nevermore Trilogy
Books 1-3
Anniversary Edition
Shannon Mayer
4 Bookgasums
I had some issues with this trilogy due to not being a fan of post apocalyptic stories and due to the fact that my husband has end-stage kidney failure. I have read most of Ms. Mayer’s other works and I am a huge fan of her writing. Ms. Mayer’s does not let you down when it comes to her character development, her storyline and her amazing ability to draw you into the story and have you biting your nails as you turn the pa
  • Solstice
  • The Hungry Land (Living with the Dead #3)
  • Air
  • The Living Dead Boy
  • Darlings of Decay
  • Gehenna (West of Hell #1)
  • Dead Spell
  • Love and Decay, Episode Nine (Love and Decay, #9)
  • Voyage of the Dead (Sovereign Spirit Saga, #1)
  • Where the Dead Talk
  • The Shadow Aspect (The Harvesting, #2)
  • The Rising Horde: Volume One (The Gathering Dead, #2)
  • Zombiestan
  • Dead Hunger: The Flex Sheridan Chronicle
  • Haven (Apocalypse Chronicles, #1)
  • Taking it Back (White Flag of the Dead, #2)
5172000
A long time ago, in a galaxy far away, I was born into a family of Star Wars nuts. I have a lot of siblings (somewhere I lost count but I think there was more than could be numbered on one hand) and being one of the young padawans I was subjected to Star Wars marathons, on a regular basis. If you've read any of my books you'll see there is often a reference to said movies as a small homage to my u ...more
More about Shannon Mayer...

The Nevermore Trilogy (3 books)
  • Sundered (The Nevermore Trilogy, #1)
  • Dauntless (The Nevermore Trilogy, #3)

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me
  • The Wedding Pearls
    $4.99 $2.00
  • For Every Solution, A Problem
  • Friction
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fountain Of Secrets (Relic Seekers, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Royal Affair (Royals in Exile, #2)
  • Through the Smoke
  • Finding Bliss
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Frozen
  • She Has Your Eyes
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed by His Charm (Dirty Little Secrets, #4)
  • Dancing in the Rain
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00