Start by marking “Torrent” as Want to Read:
Torrent

Torrent (River of Time #3)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  7,674 Ratings  ·  771 Reviews

“Hold tight,” I said. “No matter what happens, do not let us go.”

“We won’t,” my dad said.

“Never,” Mom added.

And with a look at Lia, we laid our hands upon the prints.

Gabriella and Evangelia Betarrini are just two normal American teenagers. Normal except for the fact that they time travel to fourteenth-century Italy, where they’ve lived in castles they’ve seen as c

Published September 1st 2011 by David C Cook

To ask other readers questions about Torrent, please sign up.

Shakar Omar There is a load of romance as it is mainly concentrated on historical romance. However i read the ebook version where the sexual contact is prohibited…moreThere is a load of romance as it is mainly concentrated on historical romance. However i read the ebook version where the sexual contact is prohibited from further detail. Hope this answers your question :)(less)

Nic
Favourite Quote: "And yet, this is part of it too. This deep, dark grief - it kind of shakes you up, makes you appreciate life, love more. It opens your heart."

The River of Time is one of my favourite series so I was super excited to get my hands on an early copy of the final installment Torrent. And what an incredible read! It was everything I hope for and so much more.

Again Lisa Tawn Bergren has written another exciting and suspense filled plot. There are so many pulse pounding moments as Ga
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
I think a lot of what I could say in this review would be rehash from my previous book in the series. Gabi is awesome. Lia is awesome. Luca is awesome and Marcello is awesome. They all stay pretty consistent throughout the series. Gabi is faced with more obstacles and there are some big decisions that have to be made. (view spoiler) ...more
Jen  (In the Closet With a Bibliophile)
What a rush.

A rush of excitement. A rush of intensity. A rush of exhilaration. Torrent, the third book in the River of Time series by Lisa T. Bergren, was the perfect ending to a story that has captured our hearts and minds, eliciting a fervor from us that we never expected when we picked up Waterfall, the first in the series. The final book in a series is always the most delicate. It must be well crafted and live up to those beginning books that so captured our interest, while closing out the s
Chantel
If haven't said it before, I will say it again... (stands on soap box)... I LOVE THIS SERIES!!

I am convinced this needs to be a movie series!

I had bittersweet feeling when I started Torrent, because I thought it was the last book in the series, and I wasn't ready to say goodbye. But thanks to my awesome goodreads friends I see... It's not over y'all!!! (dances). There's novellas and a book #4, lol, I'm soooo excited.

Every book I read in the series just gets better and better! Gabriella, Marcell
Katie
Just as rockin' awesome as the first time through. Lord Greco was(OH MY WORD!!!) awesome!!!! Loved falling for him all over again.

I can't wait till Tributary comes out!! More Lord Greco. Yay!!!
Melanie Kilsby
Review to come :D
Elaina
Torrent was definitely my favorite book in the River of Time series so far :D There was so much more going on in this book compared to the others! At least to me anyway :P I never wanted to put it down and when I had to, I couldn’t stop thinking about it! I felt more connected to the characters and the world in this book and I could easily picture all of the beautiful scenery of Siena, Italy.

A big plus for me in this book is that we got to see more of Lord Greco (Rodolfo). And I have to say tha
Katie
Jun 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Oh. My. Word!!!! The She-Wolves of Siena are BACK!

If you've heard me talk about the River of Time series before, you know I thought Waterfall was awesome and Cascade was awesome-er…but I think Torrent was awesome-est!! Each book just kept getting better, and better, and better! Starting Torrent sometime in the afternoon, I did not stop reading till I finished it. Clinging to the pages in breathless suspense, I devoured the new adventures that Gabi and Lia go through with their guys, Marcello an
Kelli
Aug 30, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
The concept of this book could have been really good. I read this one because, after hating the middle book, I wanted to finish the series as a whole to see how the end turned out. I still think the first book is the strongest of the three. This one is probably just as awkward as the second book, sadly. Time travel is never an easy thing to write about. The language the author puts into her main characters head seems so mom-ish. Its what a mom thinks a teenager thinks like.

One of the major flaw
TinaB
May 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spoil-Free-Review

After Cascades emotional and fantastic ending, Gabi and Lia find themselves racing back to 14th-Century Italy. For Gabi she is racing back to her true love, for Lia she races back to save her family and an unspoken romance that has risen in her own heart. Coming back this time however will have its consequences, getting back home will be almost impossible and perhaps out of the question now that a life hangs in the balance.

Gabi knows her family will be making a huge sacrifice to
Kelvey
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I feel like I’m becoming repetitive with this series, but go read it! They really are great and I am enjoying marathoning these books! I’m going to keep this review short because I’ve already reviewed the first two.
The characters are still awesome, and I especially loved that Lord Greco was in this book.
The storyline was super fast-paced and entertaining. I finished Torrent in two days, and immediately went to the novella, Bourne.
My favorite scene was the wedding–I’m not going to say who’s be
Reading Teen
Nov 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-paperback
Let me first start out by saying this: This is the third book in the River of Time trilogy, which means two things. First, if you haven't read the first two books, you should check out our reviews of Waterfall and Cascade. Second, if I made it to the third book, you know it has to be good. I don't have a lot of time to spend on a book series that isn't awesome, so you can be assured, this series is awesome!

I wondered, going into this book, what Lisa could possibly have in store for us. How could
Colleen Houck
Whew, this series was action packed down to the last page. Having switched over to mostly YA books its nice to find one with a knight in shining armor. Loved it!
Amber

The River of Time series is a Timeless Masterpiece that will capture your heart…

Torrent:
1. a stream of water flowing with great rapidity and violence.
2. a rushing, violent, or abundant and unceasing stream of anything: a torrent of lava.

The title Torrent is so perfectly suited for the third and final installment of the River of Time series. Since falling deeply for Waterfall and Cascade, I couldn’t even fathom the idea of not completing this series. It had me completely and utterly captivated
Cindy
Jun 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Torrent just as much as the first two books (Waterfall and Cascade)! This is quite an amazing series. This review will be rather short for I want to let you the reader experience it all for yourselves. I have hope that this may not be the last we see of some of our favorite characters ( check out Lisa's website) she hints that there may be more books:D
The adventure that Gabi and Marcello go on this time around just had me shaking my head and talking to my book, hurray this is awesome, a
Marklessgirl
May 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Update: There is a lead up to a wedding night in this, it does cut off before descriptions but lots of making out going on. *And there is violence*

(4.5.)
This is my favorite of the series so far! It was so good. I loved how the romance was in this! And it was not predictable at all. I really want to read the rest of the series even though this did not really end on a cliffhanger.
Tessa
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nobody
Recommended to Tessa by: Goodreads, may god have mercy on the poor souls who rated this series so highly
Let me begin with saying that English is not my native tongue so I apologize if my grammar isn't 100% correct at all times, I would also like to add that if you can't take criticism on this series you are reading the wrong review. I have not one nice thing to say about it. So without further due I present to you my rant on all three River of time novels:

I finished the first 3 books a while ago but I feel that I need to write this review. I know mine will not matter much but I need to try to get
Lucia
Apr 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read the review at iLive, iLaugh, iLove Books.

Wow. I'm sad. Because this series is over. Do you know how fast I devoured it? I read Waterfall one night, Cascade the next... was pining for Torrent's ARC release... Which I finished within one night, too, when I finally got it.

**Spoiler alert: Do not read this review if you have not read this series and are afraid of reading any spoilers. I highly recommend you simply close this page, and open those of Waterfall, Book 1.

And that's partly why this i
Amanda Geaney (Christian Shelf-Esteem)
My favorite so far! There was less sword wielding, more suspense, and a greater focus on Gabriella's faith and spiritual development.

If you enjoy learning through historical fiction, this 3rd book holds intriguing facts about Rome, the Catholic church, and social norms of the time. I'm ready for book #4.
Sierra Faith
Sep 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I don't know where to start,... This book was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! I laughed, cried, and was like "EEEKK!!!" at some parts!! Definitely the best book out of the series so far! Really excited for the next one!
Small Review
Originally posted at Small Review

I tried not to include any spoilers for the whole series.

Series can be tricky things. The first part needs to hook you, the second part needs to sustain you, and the third part needs to knock your socks off AND satisfy you.

Torrent is a win all around. Lisa T. Bergren so totally knocked my socks off and left me beyond satisfied (except for the fact that I want more, but I'm a glutton like that). Torrent was everything a concluding book should be and more.

Picked up
Erica (daydreamer)
Well, Torrent was decidedly better than its two predecessors. While I did like Waterfall and Cascade, I never found something completely arresting that stole my attention and love. I honestly wasn’t expecting too much from Torrent. I believed I would like it as I did the other books, but not come to love it and smile so because of it. Although, that said, it still didn’t manage a five star from me. It wasn’t absolutely stunning and brilliant in its execution and writing, but slowly, mayhap witho ...more
Jenny
Sep 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a review of the entire River of Time series.

MY THOUGHTS
The River of Time books transport us to an utterly enthralling medieval world, enchanting us with knights in shining armor and their chivalry, but also never letting us forget the difficulties of the time period. With the extravagant gowns and the propriety we also experience lives governed by the point of a sword–often lived fast and lost quickly–as accompanying the gallantry we find greed and a desire for power; just as with loyalt
Anna
Oh. Where do I begin? Seriously. I don't have enough words to say how much The River of Time series has touched my heart.

This has to be my favorite book of the whole series, or at least dead-even with Waterfall.
In the beginning it was so awesome. The plot twist left me gasping.

In this novel you get so connected with all the characters. (view spoiler) Thank
Charity U
Jan 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I LOVED IT. As you probably know, I’ve loved the first two books in this series (Waterfall and Cascade) and knew to expect great things from this book. My trust was not unwarranted! It was amazing. My favorite of the series, which is saying a lot. And almost certainly my favorite book of March, which is also saying a lot since it’s only the 7th. It had a wonderful wrap-up for the series. If you’ve read the first one or two books in the series, you’ve absolutely got to read this one! It’s…I can’t ...more
Katie W
This third book in the series picks right up where book 2 left off. Gabi and her family end up back in Italy, but aren't sure which year it is. She is searching for Marcello (*sigh*). She is almost forced into a marriage, but manages to escape.

Lots of adventure and romance (clean). I didn't want it to end.
Charity
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great read to start off year 2017! And a great ending to this amazing trilogy. Love this series so much, but sad at the same time since it has come to an end (though there is a book 4 that came out later on. Just that it is hard to find a copy of it. Hope I'll be able to find it though....)
Leah ~ą ცųɬɬɛγʄιყ ɱųʂɬ ʄιყ ʄγɛɛ!~
*happy sigh* This book just about made my heart burst, I loved it so much! I can't wait for book number 4 to come in at my library!

Clean rating: Some bloody violence.
Haley
I LOVED the twists in this book! And I especially loved the ending. The series could have ended there and i would be happy but i am glad that Lisa wrote on!!
Cara Putman
Sep 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable

A great read for teens who like time travel, medieval time periods, romance, battles. Another great addition to the series.
¿Por qué no una traducción al Español? 2 3 Nov 10, 2016 11:27AM
River of Time Tribe: Torrent 22 32 Apr 03, 2015 09:44AM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Nov 21, 2014 08:23AM
Translation to Spanish, why not? 1 2 Jul 07, 2014 05:17PM
Ebook? 6 39 Mar 06, 2014 02:33AM
  • So Over My Head (The Charmed Life, #3)
  • Kingdom's Call (Kingdom, #4)
  • The Merchant's Daughter (Hagenheim, #2)
  • Dark Passage (Dark Mirror, #2)
  • The Redemption (Legacy of the King's Pirates, #1)
  • The Guise of a Gentleman (Rogue Hearts, #2)
  • The Highwayman of Tanglewood
  • A Passion Denied (Daughters of Boston, #3)
  • Surrender the Dawn (Surrender to Destiny, #3)
  • The Commander's Desire
  • Dreamspell (Beyond Time #1)
  • The Guardian Duke (Forgotten Castles #1)
  • She Owns the Knight
About

Lisa Tawn Bergren is the best-selling, award-winning author of over 40 books, with more than 2.5 million copies sold. She recently finished a teen series called Remnants (SEASON OF WONDER, SEASON OF FIRE, and SEASON OF GLORY). She's also written the River of Time Series (WATERFALL, CASCADE, TORRENT, BOURNE & TRIBUTARY, DELUGE) and The Grand Tour Series (GLAMOROUS ILLUSIONS, GRAVE CONSEQUE
More about Lisa Tawn Bergren...

River of Time (4 books)
  • Waterfall (River of Time, #1)
  • Cascade (River of Time, #2)
  • Deluge (River of Time, #4)

1 trivia question
2 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“He hesitated, as if wrestling with the desire to cross the space between us and kiss me until I admitted I was just a tiny bit in love with him too. But he didn't. He didn't.” 34 likes
“If he lived in my time, Marcello would’ve been in the running for Sexiest Man Alive in People. Rich, powerful, and hotter than wasabi, he was a force.

(Kindle Locations 766-767).”