Start by marking “Love with a Chance of Zombies” as Want to Read:
Love with a Chance of Zombies

Love with a Chance of Zombies

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  109 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Follow orders...or follow her heart?

Lena Stanton’s a sharpshooting zombie hunter with a hot-pink rifle and an attitude. Her latest assignment—guard bitten hero, Dr. Lucas Nye, and be ready to shoot the moment he starts to turn zombie.

In the meantime, considering she’s the last female the man will ever see, Lena’s happy to indulge the doc in hot, steamy sex until he become
ebook, 3rd edition, 71 pages
Published October 9th 2014 (first published September 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Love with a Chance of Zombies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love with a Chance of Zombies

Malinda
4 stars

This was a very enjoyable story. I loved Lena and Lucas. Set in the future, it's a romance with kind of a Walking Dead flavor.

Lena is a soldier that works to protect survivors in the community they've build after the Zombie apocalypse. She gets assigned to guard a Doctor (Lucas) that got bitten. Normally he wouldn't have been allowed to work after being bitten (in this story it takes weeks for a bite to infect a person) but Lucas is very smart (a child prodigy and all) and is the best hop
Emily Crow
Novella about romance after the zombie apocalypse as the hero races to find a cure before he succumbs to the zombie virus after being bitten. It wasn't bad, but I felt it was too short (less than 75 pages) to allow much development of characters or plot. Subtract from that a number of pages for the sex scenes, and the story seemed very rushed indeed. (Kind of like this review!)

Read for Unapologetic Romance Readers Halloween challenge: zombie romance category
Shoshanna Evers
Oct 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story - Delphine Dryden created an intriguing and scary post-apocalyptic world where zombies are an everyday danger. Her Hero is a hot scientist and her heroine is relatable and kick-ass (pink rifle, yay!) too.

I'd love to see another couple's story set in this zombie-infested world. I'd buy it up in a second - and I'd pay a lot more than 99 cents for it too. I felt like I was *stealing* this novella at 99 cents!
Elisabeth Lane
Oct 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Love with a Chance of Zombies is, believe it or not, my THIRD zombie apocalypse romance. I'm not much of a horror lover. In fact, I'm not any kind of a horror lover. The Walking Dead is way too gross and scary for me. But somehow the apocalyptic setting of these romances works for me, as long as they're not too edge-of-your-seat, which this one isn't.

Love with a Chance of Zombies actually plays out a bit more like a medical drama than romantic horror. Heroine Lena Stanton is a soldier in charge
Carolyn  Storer
3.5 Stars

Love with a Chance of Zombies is a fun erotic romance set in a zombie-apocalyptic world. At only 74 or so pages, Dryden manages to pack a lot in. There's hot sex, love, zombie killing and a doc who's trying to find a cure.

The story opens up with feisty heroine, Lena Stanton, out in the field shooting zombies. She's then called to stand guard over Dr. Lucas Naye, who's seen to be a hero as in the Before life he was a prodigy and genius, sadly in the Now life he's been bitten. It takes up
MrsJoseph

I've never been a big zombie fan. I don't read horror nor watch horror TV shows or movies. I don't watch "thrillers" or "dramas" that include zombies so no The Walking Dead for me.

In fact, I don't think I've ever finished any zombie book. With that being said, I picked up Love with a Chance of Zombies from Kindle Unlimited because it was written by Delphine Dryden.

As Love with a Chance of Zombies got started, I had a few sputtering starts myself: the in
Misa Buckley
Apr 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who loved "Shaun of the Dead"
I first read this novella when the author self-published to Smashwords and absolutely loved it. The reworked version is just as brilliant - warm, witty, and very sexy - with the added sheen that a good edit gives (not that the self-pubbed version didn't shine)

What I love, apart from the two very believable central characters - is that the idea of the zombies is well thought out. I buy this story in a way I don't many zombie tales, and it sucked me in on the second reading as easily as the first
Kelly
I'm so glad I picked this one up. Take me with a grain of salt, because I am such a wimp about anything even remotely scary, but I thought this book was a lovely blend of zombie apocalypse and romance novella. The humor did it for me as well as the unexpectedly thorough character development. Who'd guess that in 70-some-odd pages Dryden would be able to squeeze zombie apocalypse world building, some metaphysical musings, a compelling romance, and fully-fleshed-out characters? It's possible she c ...more
Ruthie Knox
Sep 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This novella has everything -- love, steamy sex, a hot doctor, a rifle-toting heroine, and imminent zombification. Dryden writes snappy dialogue, and she's an expert at the short form, so she packs a lot in here. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to spend a few hours being transported by a great story.
Traci
Jan 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Sweet book. Like candy- braaaains-flavored candy. Sometimes insta-love is annoying, but what with the apocalypse and all I'll allow it. I also have a soft spot for hot geeks, dead or alive or a little of both. Recommended.
Heather Thurmeier
Sep 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! The whole premise was really fun and I found myself flipping pages as fast I could to find out how it would all turn out. Come on, the heroine carries a hot pink firearm! What's not to love?!
Jennifer Probst
Nov 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was such a great book! I adored the hero and heroine - their chemistry was hot, the plot was itnriguing and fresh, and I ripped through this in one night. Definitely an author I will be reading regularly!
Mojitana
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic little read. It is short but it hits all my favorite things. Zombies, action, intense emotions, hot sex, weird science. Just a perfect little story.
Michelle R
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! A quick, sexy and sweet read! The hero and heroine were very likeable and although it is only a little over 70 pages, I felt like it was done very well without feeling too rushed like a lot of short books do.
Romancing the Book
Mar 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Posted on Romancing the Books blog
Reviewed by Shyla
Review copy from the Publisher

This book was brilliant. I was intrigued from the moment I read the title. I mean, Love with a Chance of Zombies sends your brain to all sorts of places. Then I read the blurb, and I was hooked. I’m happy to say Ms. Dryden delivered. The details, plot, and characterization were done so well I felt like I was watching a Sci-fi Movie in my head. Here’s the skinny, a zombie apocalypse has decimated the earth and the fe
Hilly
4 stars.

I really, really didn't want to read Love with a Chance of Zombies by Delphine Dryden. I didn't even start from the beginning, because I was so certain that it wasn't to my taste. I flipped around a bit, but every page that I opened to sucked me in. I don't do zombie stories (nor vampire, werewolf, demon, ghost, angel, what have you), so I was waiting to be squicked out, just so I'd have an excuse to stop reading. Instead, I found a sci-fi romance with a great hero. Readers, I loved him. And I thank Delphine Dryden for writing him, a
A.B.
Nov 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: zombies, romance
I'm really on the fence with this one. The writing is perfectly fine, the general plot is entertaining. There are exactly two things I dislike. Firstly, when Lena and Lance decide that they should procreate because a) we're both hot and b) you know, propagation of genetic line, whatevs... I was thrown entirely out of the book by the term "Meaty column" All I could think about was one of those gross tubes of ground beef at the supermarket. Not sexy.
And the second thing was the ending. It was too
Steph
Jun 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Good, but entirely over priced for less than 75 pages of reading. I was completely taken by surprised that this was a short story/novella. If I would have know that, I wouldn't have bothered. Having said that, it was a complete and satisfying story, even with little time for character and story development.

On a side note, I thought it was pretty naive that our 22yr old heroine thought she was something special. The good Doctor would have probably had a go with anyone he was stuck with, prior to
Karen
Dec 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult, novella, own, read-2014
I did like the characters and the backdrop of the zombie apocalypse but the super fast, dirty sex didn't work for me. It made sense in the context of the story but it's just my personal preference to have more of a build up than jumping right to ordering each other around - drop your pants, touch my…. - that's just not my thing but if you want a different type of zombie tale that's a touch erotica this might be for you.
Dee
A different take on zombies, being infected and finding a cure for the virus. There were some sexy moments but I personally had a hard time coming to terms with how someone could have sex with a guy knowing in was infected!! The so called, could be cure, was a bit of a stretch, but then that's fiction for you :)

If you want a quick sexy read and are able to suspend belief for a while, this could be for you.

Thanks for the loan Malinda.
Jennifer Nigh
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In love with a zombie?

I have to say if you like zombie books, then this one won't be a disappointment. After getting put with a bitten doctor, she soon realizes she has feelings for him and tries to save him with the Cure. I recommend this to anyone who likes zombie books and love stories.
Mary Lee
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

This wasn't so much an action zombie novel. It took place mostly in a lab, but despite that, it was an enjoyable romantic read. I loved the fact that it was a single book and not a series. I am so over the whole series craze. Hard to remember all those books. This book was nice and uncomplicated. Thank you!
Jessica
Jul 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Overall enjoyable, but I think I would have liked it more if there's been more space/time for the romance to build. (And I question the resolution of the zombie plague, but I'm not an expert on viruses.)
Dena
I felt the story was rushed. I liked the characters but it seemed like a wham bam thank you ma'am type story. I feel that there needed more..
Anne
Dec 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: z2014-bir
Good story. I would like to have seen more at the end. Perhaps more books set in this world are to come!
Fable
Interesting premise. Good afternoon read.
cEe beE
Unique and fun zombie love story.
Kay
Jun 25, 2015
Kelly
Aug 29, 2015
Kimberly
Jan 20, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sci-Fi Romance: Love with a Chance of Zombies (start date?) 1 9 Nov 07, 2011 06:26PM
  • Reawakening (Forever Dead, #1)
  • The Kraken King and the Inevitable Abduction (Iron Seas, #4.4; Kraken King, #4)
  • The Honeymoon Trap (Jackson Brothers, #1; The Honeymoon Series, #4)
  • Palpitations
  • Crazy, Stupid Sex
  • Abigail Jones (Chronicles of Abigail Jones, #1)
  • The Bridge
  • Fanning the Flames (Jackson: Girls' Night Out, #0.5)
  • A Lesson in Chemistry with Inspector Bruce (The Gentlemen of Scotland Yard, #2.5)
  • Room at the Inn
  • Howling Mad
  • Blood Soaked and Contagious (Blood Soaked #1)
  • Scarlet Woman (Middlemarch Mates, #1)
  • Kick at the Darkness (Kick at the Darkness, #1)
  • Forbidden (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #6)
  • Trapped: Expanded Edition (Bite-Sized Romance, #1)
  • El Presidio Rides North
  • Mace of the Apocalypse
I write contemporary and erotic romance, and sometimes steampunk romance! To contact me, go to my website or find me on social media.
More about Delphine Dryden

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Everything. That’s what I’m feeling. I just want to remember everything about this exact moment. The way I can still smell you and taste you on my lips. The way it feels to be inside you, so hot and good. How your stomach feels, moving against mine every time you take a breath. I can hear you breathing too.” 0 likes